A #1, #2 and #3 picks in front seven

San-O

The run D is worst in the league:

Ranked 32 with 4.7 yards/carry.

Ranked 32 with 162 yards/game.

How many first "day" picks do they use this year to try and correct the problem?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&statisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

Edited by SoCal-Surf

We need to stop the bleeding on both lines, we need a run stuffing DT and that means the kid from Auburn or Alabama.

We need a right Tackle The kid from Boston College or Wisconsin make sense.

I agree with you.

Though it sure is exciting to talk QB, there is no guarantee that a 1st round QB will make any difference, whatsoever.

What I would love to see is solid, decisive players added to both lines. Some snarling, nasty, block-you-after-the-play-is-over offensive lineman, and the opposite of Aaron Maybin.

I think the good thing about playing a team like NE late in the season is it really shows what the team weaknesses are. This team can not stop the run, plain and simple . . .

The Bills need to get some more talent in here. I would expect to see a significant turnover in the defensive front seven this off-season.

This is a marathon - We are going to need 2 more solid off seasons to get this team into playoff contention in this division. The Bills play in the toughest division in the league.

agreed

1 Fairley

2 Houston olb

3 upshaw ilb

4 brynes ilb

4 hopefully a solid right tackle prospect

Justin Houston would be great in 2nd rnd, if he's there! A DE that already made the 3-4 LB transition in GA. has the size for strong-side OLB at 6-3 / 259

I agree with you.

Though it sure is exciting to talk QB, there is no guarantee that a 1st round QB will make any difference, whatsoever.

What I would love to see is solid, decisive players added to both lines. Some snarling, nasty, block-you-after-the-play-is-over offensive lineman, and the opposite of Aaron Maybin.

Not that I disagree with where they should go with their pick, but there is no guarantee that any 1st round pick of any position will make any difference, whatsoever.

Bowers very well may be the best run defender in the draft. If he isn’t, he is second to Fairley and Fairley only. Bowers is also the best pass rusher in the draft – second to maybe Quinn who didn’t play this year so its hard to tell.

Let the argument begin if stopping the run or rushing the passer is more important, but you will get both with Bowers and Fairley, I just think Bowers is better. He isn’t on tv much so its not surprising that many fans dont talk about him like Fairley – who was on tv every weekend.

Dareus is a good rusher but he is not a good run defender. Alabama is on TV a lot and I have seen him stymied by 1 blocker way to often to be very high on him. I don’t see him improving our rush defense the way Bowers/Fairley could.

Please God I hope we lose to the jets or else we wont have a farts chance in the wind to draft Bowers or Fairley. **Yes I think Bowers could play – and excel - as a 34 end.

Round 1 Fairley or Dareus both are better than what we have. I prefer Fairley he has a mean streak which is what this team needs and he blows up running plays.

Round 2 a name that used to be mentioned in the top 10 or even the top 5. Marvin Austin from UNC. Before he was suspended he was the top DT prospect in the class.

Not to tout UNC but the have a middle linebacker named campbell who I thought was pretty good as well. I don't know where he grades out though.

Edited by iccrewman112

Bowers very well may be the best run defender in the draft. If he isn’t, he is second to Fairley and Fairley only. Bowers is also the best pass rusher in the draft – second to maybe Quinn who didn’t play this year so its hard to tell.

Let the argument begin if stopping the run or rushing the passer is more important, but you will get both with Bowers and Fairley, I just think Bowers is better. He isn’t on tv much so its not surprising that many fans dont talk about him like Fairley – who was on tv every weekend.

Dareus is a good rusher but he is not a good run defender. Alabama is on TV a lot and I have seen him stymied by 1 blocker way to often to be very high on him. I don’t see him improving our rush defense the way Bowers/Fairley could.

Please God I hope we lose to the jets or else we wont have a farts chance in the wind to draft Bowers or Fairley. **Yes I think Bowers could play – and excel - as a 34 end.

I say "both". The Bills could realistically be able to get EITHER of these guys.

Let's just hope they don't mess it up.

Please no more 1st round RBs, DB's or 'tweeners.

BTW There is only 1 first day pick.

The first round is now by itself. Rounds 2 and 3 the next day. Then 4-7 on the 3rd day.

Go NFL! Get that money!

Anyway, on the first day at #4 I would love Bowers or Fairly.

Even though there are 7 players on the defense front, players like Bowers or Fairly make the other 6 look better.

Add 1 of those guys to Kylie the Rockpile and two of those players will require the offense to use 3-4 blockers on EVERY PLAY.

That leaves 5 other defense players that will be singled or unblocked giving the blitz package. Moats is learning to beat one on ones, and will get alot of one on ones with Bowers at strongside OLB (a la Harrison and Woodly) Kyle Williams in the middle and Moats at Weakside OLB (he was actually drafted to play ILB but was moved to OLB because of injury, You might as well keep him at OLB.) Pass coverage has to shift to the Bowers side.

That is an immediate upgrade.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I agree with you.

Who is aaron maybin?

Bowers is a sack artist too.

Stout against the run and can get to the QB.

He can play RushBacker. You can put him all over the field and the offense has to adjust coverage to where you put him.

He is 6'4" 280 and could play at 275 and be just a huge quick rush backer in a 3-4. Sometimes he put his hands down, sometimes he stands up.

Strange thing is that would be two years in a row the Bills take a Clemson player with their #1.

Who is aaron maybin?

No one is Aaron Maybin.

Stop with Aaron Maybin comparisons.

That was a stupid pick from the start.

Out of the top 10 prospects Robert Quinn is the only one that would be in the Maybin one year wonder role plus Robert Quinn was suspended for the last year so he hasn't played football since the 2009 season.

Although if you put Robert Quinn and Aaron Maybin in a cage and only one would come out. Quinn would destroy Maybin.

IMO taking a guy that took the 2010 season off with a top 10 pick is extremely risky so Quinn would probably not be the best option however its very likely Quinn does play well in the NFL. Given Buddy Nix' draft style of taking Captains and character guys we don't have to worry about the Bills taking Quinn. Bowers fits what seems to be Nix' drafting style. Bowers is a team captain and team defensive leader.

But seriously, the Bills made a stupid pick, there never had a chance. Maybin had almost no shot of being successful his rookie year. He needed to spend 2009 eating.

THERE IS NO AARON MAYBIN IN THE 2011 DRAFT!

LETS STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW.

Edited by Why So Serious?