I have some good News

coldstorage5

With almost a perfect storm ( us losing, detroit winning, and other factors) , The Bills are now in the #3 slot. Tied with the Bengals. This is where I envision us staying. If we lose to the Jets( foot pervs). We will be at least earn the #3 pick. Would need the Bengals to beat Baltimore ( doubt it) to move up to 3.

Appently cincy has a better strength of schedule.

Need Denver to beat SD at home and the Bills to lose to get the #2. WOW

So after 0-8, then a 4-4 second half. We should get the #3 and the # 35 picks. Hopefully we wont screw it up again.

Edited by coldstorage5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph will want a QB so we will take a reach in the first round. In the second he will want a speedy WR. After that hopefully Nix will get to fix the damn front 7 on D and get a RT and TE.

I doubt that.....

We'll draft OL/DL/LB & really fix this team in '11 :bag:

Edited by Tom

I thought the good news would be we only have to watch this one more week!

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bills, but we need help!

( I did see some improvement this year)

I am hoping we can sign some "quality" free agents, and not screw up the draft. Come on off-season so we can at least have some optimism again.

:beer:

Edited by bonechiller

On Peter King's segment tonight he had some inside news on Andrew Luck. Sounds like the kid is planning to return to college next year. That is according to Jim Harbaugh. So Luck may be available in the 2012 draft.

Yeah, but....that would mean we have to suck again next year. That's askin' alot ya know! *LOL*

Root for the following teams to win next week and hopefully the Vikes lose on Tuesday. Buffalo's strength of schedule is close with Cincy. The teams we have played have 1 more win than do the Bengals opponents. If their opponents have a good week next week we can jump them for the third spot in the draft.

Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Saints, Browns, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers

Ok, I'm confused. I added up the wins and losses for opponents of Cincy and the Bills. Cincy opponents are 131-107 ( .550 winning percentage ) Bills opponents are 139-100 ( .582 winning percentage ). Cincy opponents have 2 more games this week. Bills opponents have 1 more game. I'm not absolutely sure if divisional opponents are supposed to be added once or twice. I added them twice. If this is the case we are far behind Cincy in the tie breaker and they would pick before us. Does anyone know if divisional opponents are added once or twice? This means that at the moment we pick 4th. 1. Carolina 2. Denver 3. Cincy 4. Bills

Ok, I'm confused. I added up the wins and losses for opponents of Cincy and the Bills. Cincy opponents are 131-107 ( .550 winning percentage ) Bills opponents are 139-100 ( .582 winning percentage ). Cincy opponents have 2 more games this week. Bills opponents have 1 more game. I'm not absolutely sure if divisional opponents are supposed to be added once or twice. I added them twice. If this is the case we are far behind Cincy in the tie breaker and they would pick before us. Does anyone know if divisional opponents are added once or twice? This means that at the moment we pick 4th. 1. Carolina 2. Denver 3. Cincy 4. Bills

Hey if you did the math you are right. Another guy told me Cincy has a better SOS.... So I changed my original writeup with the bills picking 4th.... But Denver gas Sand Diego. I can see Denver winning that game at home.

Denver and Cincinnati both win; the Bills have the #2 pick after Carolina. The Bills would also pick second in the second round (34).

Denver loses; Cincinnati wins. The Bills have the #3 pick after Carolina and Denver, but would switch with Denver in the second round and still have pick 34.

Denver wins; Cincinnati loses. This is variable; the Bills would either pick 2 (and 35) or 3 (and 34). In order to get the #2 pick, all four results below need to occur.

Denver and Cincinnati both lose. Again, variable; the Bills would either pick 3 (and 35) or 4 (and 34). To get the #3 pick, only three of the four results need to occur.

There are only four games that matter for strength of schedule:

Philadelphia beats Minnesota (Tuesday night)

Oakland beats Kansas City

Houston beats Jacksonville

Indianapolis beats Tennessee

So, the teams to root for are Denver and Cincinnati, and then Philly, Oakland, Houston, and Indy if Cincinnati loses.

I got this from a guy on Buffalo Rumblings- HOPE HE IS CORRECT!

But (I see everyone has a short memory, but bear with me) What if we win?

Why I say this: Jets have clinched playoffs, and they cant win division. Sanchez is already slightly injured, so good chances he and some other starters could be resting. It will truly be a full garbage time game, so we have a good chance a-la Colts game last year.