All you armchair doctors out there, let me get your opinion....

The Poojer

i gotta wait a f***ing week???????????????? crap...i need to figure out how much that means my ex gets if i go into a new week :wallbash:

You'll be dead in a week.

Don't worry. I promise to make sure you have a nice RIP thread. And we may even try to get a paver for you.

Oh, absolutely...you're smart to question it, IMO. There are a lot of people performing venipuncture who should NOT be, and often times there are complications due to things other than anatomy. If I were in your position I'd want to make sure there wasn't a direct relationship between the pain and the IV stick, too. Even though I'm an RN myself, and there was a time when I needed warm-bodied victims to practice my IV skills on too, this is one area where I won't typically allow someone inexperienced to stick me.

PS: Dehydration could also be a factor, yep. They typically use a larger bore needle when u give blood though, so might not be as much of an issue as it would if they were drawing labs or soemething.

My last GP had two nurses. One was fabulous and always did a great stick. The other, I called the "blind nurse with boxing gloves". She'd stick me three + times to draw blood and always ended up going to the back of my hand. Meh. Yes also about the size of the cannula when donating blood. That's so the corpuscles don't get pulverized going through a tiny tube. Doesn't matter much for lab work, but if you're going to be using the RBCs at a later date - it does.

It's Lupus. It's always Lupus.

Good instincts! My thoughts always immediately go to cancer. If it's not the big C, why worry? :unsure:

You'll be dead in a week.

Don't worry. I promise to make sure you have a nice RIP thread. And we may even try to get a paver for you.

Quite righteous of you brother. Might I recommend a monologue diatribe from a lizard playing in the background, as we gather round with hats-over-heart to remember our dearly beloved and recently(to-be) deceased TBD compadre.

i gotta wait a f***ing week???????????????? crap...i need to figure out how much that means my ex gets if i go into a new week :wallbash:

Think of it this way. It'll give you that much more time to plan how to stiff her. (no pun intended) Packaged poop delivered by UPS to her door is always a hit.

Does it hurt when you pee?

That was my second thought about this malady. Could it be that The Poojer just had a date with one or more of the Rhea sisters? Dia,, Pyo, Sebo or Gono. I'm just sayin'.