Brand X (I am a fan!)

Tipster19

Who are these no namers, these Buffalo Bills??! I just got done watching all of the past press conferences from this past week and I want to know who do they think they are?! They have no business being in games, let alone winning some them! This Fitzpatrick sure has got some nerve, throwing that football all over the place, thru windows the size of portholes. And that Chan Gailey, hmmph, if I didn't know any better I'd swear that we have our own version of Gene Hackman leading a team of a bunch of underdog "Hoosiers". Talk about grit, this guy drips it and it shows on the field. He's got these kids playing no quit, no surrender football! Man, how refreshing!

We all heard about character for years but now we're seeing it. How easy would it have been to just have packed it in earlier in the year? The answer is VERY but they didn't. Now these cast-offs and "nobodies" has the rest of the league scratching their heads and doing their best impersonation of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid in asking, "Who are these guys??!!!".

Here we got a leathernecked good old boy coach taking the field with a young journeyman QB who looks like a junior Kris Kringle but plays like Grizzly Adams, leading a bunch of youngster WRs, who I don't even know who the heck they are, against several play-off teams and either taking them down to the wire and then letting them off of the hook or actually beating them!!! GET OUT OF HERE!, they got no business pulling this kind of crap!

How about that RB, what's his name?, Fred ?, Fred ?, or yeah, Fred Jackson! Where in the world did we get this guy from??!!! Wasn't it some kind of powder puff league or something? Man, he sure has some balls thinking that he can play or that he actually belongs in this league! Well, after watching him these last couple of years I got one thing to say. We need more Fred Jacksons!

And another thing that pisses me off, it's that George Wilson! Who does he think he is, converting from a nothing WR to a Safety that does nothing but strap it up each and every time we turn towards him. Remember that MNF game against Dallas?

Isn't this offensive line suppose to suck? Matter of fact I think that some of them do but I'll tell you thing that they have to a man and that is HEART! Can't find that in a playbook, can ya. This Eric Wood is a foundation and I'm thankful that we got 'em because not only is he a real football player but more so, he's a leader!

I watch these press conferences with David Nelson and Arthur Moats and I see something. I see these fresh faced, bright eyed kids, their faces beaming with excitement and enthuisiasm and it makes me feel vibrant again. Thank you!

I look back and I've been around longer than I'd like to realize. I was a young man, full of piss and vinegar, during those glory years of Kelly and Thurman but with the spiraling down of this once proud organization and franchise so did my body and mind with age. I got one more thing to say. This team of a bunch of no-namers and cast-offs has got this old dog feeling like a pup again! Thanks. I suddenly find myself Talkin' Proud and these youngsters has gotten me to want to Shout! once again.

Who are these no namers, these Buffalo Bills??! I just got done watching all of the past press conferences from this past week and I want to know who do they think they are?! They have no business being in games, let alone winning some them! This Fitzpatrick sure has got some nerve, throwing that football all over the place, thru windows the size of portholes. And that Chan Gailey, hmmph, if I didn't know any better I'd swear that we have our own version of Gene Hackman leading a team of a bunch of underdog "Hoosiers". Talk about grit, this guy drips it and it shows on the field. He's got these kids playing no quit, no surrender football! Man, how refreshing!

We all heard about character for years but now we're seeing it. How easy would it have been to just have packed it in earlier in the year? The answer is VERY but they didn't. Now these cast-offs and "nobodies" has the rest of the league scratching their heads and doing their best impersonation of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid in asking, "Who are these guys??!!!".

Here we got a leathernecked good old boy coach taking the field with a young journeyman QB who looks like a junior Kris Kringle but plays like Grizzly Adams, leading a bunch of youngster WRs, who I don't even know who the heck they are, against several play-off teams and either taking them down to the wire and then letting them off of the hook or actually beating them!!! GET OUT OF HERE!, they got no business pulling this kind of crap!

How about that RB, what's his name?, Fred ?, Fred ?, or yeah, Fred Jackson! Where in the world did we get this guy from??!!! Wasn't it some kind of powder puff league or something? Man, he sure has some balls thinking that he can play or that he actually belongs in this league! Well, after watching him these last couple of years I got one thing to say. We need more Fred Jacksons!

And another thing that pisses me off, it's that George Wilson! Who does he think he is, converting from a nothing WR to a Safety that does nothing but strap it up each and every time we turn towards him. Remember that MNF game against Dallas?

Isn't this offensive line suppose to suck? Matter of fact I think that some of them do but I'll tell you thing that they have to a man and that is HEART! Can't find that in a playbook, can ya. This Eric Wood is a foundation and I'm thankful that we got 'em because not only is he a real football player but more so, he's a leader!

I watch these press conferences with David Nelson and Arthur Moats and I see something. I see these fresh faced, bright eyed kids, their faces beaming with excitement and enthuisiasm and it makes me feel vibrant again. Thank you!

I look back and I've been around longer than I'd like to realize. I was a young man, full of piss and vinegar, during those glory years of Kelly and Thurman but with the spiraling down of this once proud organization and franchise so did my body and mind with age. I got one more thing to say. This team of a bunch of no-namers and cast-offs has got this old dog feeling like a pup again! Thanks. I suddenly find myself Talkin' Proud and these youngsters has gotten me to want to Shout! once again.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tipster i am as old as you prolly.

If you notice i am a new poster here though.

There is a reason for that. This team does the most interesting things since Chan started. Some seemed really bad, some really good. But man is it interesting. And Fun as hell.

The way these guys play has me loving football as much as when my son was in Pop Warner. And it was about everyone playing. Then finding out what the kids can do and giving them a chance to do it. Let all of them succeed in a way.

I almost expect Chan to let the slow fat (good kid) OT score an easy touchdown and have that moment when the whole team comes up and hugs and yells in congratulations.

How many first times,.. passes caught, touchdowns scored, tackles made, hits. First nfl starts. First time in an NFL game on the TV, have happened on our team this year for our players? alot it bet. And more good stuff of course.

But you get my drift..

I agree this season is alot of fun and it just feels good again to watch. I expect the progress to continue into next season too.

I will have to watch every off season move we do this year.

And Most importantly Go Bills!!

Amen Tip. I used to go to games at the old Rockpile downtown. Came out after one game and my uncle's car was up on blocks. Ah....the good old days. How things have roller coaster'd, huh? 4 AFC Championships in a row, Kelly and company, Thurminator, Spiderman, Bruuuuuuuce. The Electric Company.

Well, things do tend to come full circle. Nothing breeds winning like winning. Nothing springboards winning like competent leadership and motivation. Lets hope we've turned the corner, to at least, respectability. We are becoming the team NO ONE wants to play.

And that suits me just fine.

I just ran across this little tidbit. Apparently someone taped a meeting between Mike Tomlin, Tony Sparano, Marvin Lewis, John Harbaugh and Todd Haley. They came to the conclusion that they better pass this along to Belichick before it's too late and we all know how much Belichick appreciates hidden video on his opponents. If that's not bad enough even his girlfriend chimed in and added her two cents. I think that this should be shipped off to Goodell and see if issuing a bounty violates any league conduct policies.

Check it out for yourselves and see what you think.

* check out the credits at the end, I think that it was Fitzgibbons that filmed it!

Edited by Tipster19

Tipster, that's music to my ears. :thumbsup: Carpe Diem!

Who are those guys??!!

Thanks Tipster, great post.

When you look at the Bills roster, your first thought has to be, honestly, who in the h e double hockey sticks are these guys. The current alphabetized roster is a who's who of something other than a football team. IF you look at the roster and imagine looking at it from an outsiders perspective, the only names that might be familiar would be Moorman, a punter, who I highly doubt is recognized by anyone other than the most diehard football fan, Fitz, a journeyman QB with nothing much on his resume except for being in the right place at the right time when Palmer went down in Cincy and Spiller, who was a high draft pick this past year but was mostly known throughout ACC circles but not as highly recognized on a national level.

That's it, IMO. Hat's off to Nix, Whaley, Gailey and company to get the most out of what could be described as a roster from the Island of Misfit football players(to celebrate the season). Let's hope that we continue to see progress from all of the staff and players this year and over the next couple of years. There appears to be some great things happening at OBD and we are just beginning to see it.