BPA Mock Draft

Astrobot

Using our simulator and setting all needs to P2 yields best available players at each pick:

Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

Ryan Kerrigan OLB34 Purdue

Colin McCarthy ILB Miami (FL)

Christian Ponder QB Florida State

Randall Cobb WRS Kentucky

Chris Hairston OT Clemson

James Brewer OT Indiana

Wow. I'd take that...Astro

Using our simulator and setting all needs to P2 yields best available players at each pick:

James Brewer OT Indiana

Me too! I think thats the best looking mock I've seen. :) Have to admit I don't know McCarthy, but his stats look nice. Ponder would be a good 3rd stringer moving up to backup after a couple years in the system. Randall Cobb would normally be a solid 5th round pick, but obviously I don't think he's needed. Haven't seen either of the last two play. But those first 2 picks (3 if McCarthy is good) would REALLY set the defense.

Me too! I think thats the best looking mock I've seen. :) Have to admit I don't know McCarthy, but his stats look nice. Ponder would be a good 3rd stringer moving up to backup after a couple years in the system. Randall Cobb would normally be a solid 5th round pick, but obviously I don't think he's needed. Haven't seen either of the last two play. But those first 2 picks (3 if McCarthy is good) would REALLY set the defense.

Not bad but we need a TE almost as much as we need two LB's - who's out there?

Here is my DraftTek simulation mock...some of these players I have no idea about, but here it is:

1) Marcell Dareus 3-4 DE Alabama

2) Ryan Kerrigan 3-4 OLB Purdue

3) Matt Reynolds OT BYU

4a) Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU

4b) Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic

5) Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

6) Mario Fannin RB Auburn

7) James Brewer OT Indiana

James Brewer OT Indiana

that'd be sweet! Could we sub Cobb for a CB ?

That is actually a pretty good lookin draft.

"BPA Mock Draft Just take Best available" - But I think that is dumb. You have to have some kind of plan - without a plan you just have players. When Ingram is the BPA when we draft - should we just draft him - or should we have a plan to improve the roster as a whole? Nix needs to show us he has a long term plan to improve the team and not make 7 random selections every year.

Philosophically I like all of those drafts. Two out of the top three picks need to be defensive front 7, there is such a lack of talent in the front 7 (Especially at Linebacker) that it needs serious attention in the upper portion of the draft.

The positions I would focus on with the top 3 picks would be OLB (Pass rusher), MLB (Run Stuffer), DE (Run stuffer) and RT (The only offensive need I would rank as important as the front 7).

I would then place Tight end and O-line depth as mid round needs.

Beast Mode your draft is the best that I have seen, not only from a best probability and best results standpoint. Most of these mocks are so far off and have players overinflated by media bias. If your mock is the Bills draft this year that's an A+

Beast Mode your draft is the best that I have seen, not only from a best probability and best results standpoint. Most of these mocks are so far off and have players overinflated by media bias. If your mock is the Bills draft this year that's an A+

I don't know about the RB from Auburn (or some of those others in there like the TE from Florida Atlantic), but I think I'd take a OLB or DL (either DE or DT) in the 6th...I can't figure out how to get rid of the RB. Other than that, I thought it was pretty good all things considered.

James Brewer OT Indiana

Who did we get with seattles 4th??