Sullivan's Crow pot pie

Doesn't mention his loser philosophy of losing as many games as possible to get a #1 QB in article.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article288812.ece

If you read closely you can read between the lines that he is heavily discounting the team and ends the article with a condescending:

"OK, it wasn't like beating Don Shula in his final game, or Jim Kelly outdueling Dan Marino in the snow. But they knocked out Miami, and when has that ever been a bad thing? Go ahead. Ask the person at the water cooler if it mattered." -Sullivan

My take is that he believes most at the water cooler wouldn't think that THIS bills win over the Fins mattered. Which is wrong and being a tremendous hater. We sat Miami Down and we nearly beat the pats last time. We are due and its a home game. Sully is just weaslin his way in on the fun after nearly begging the Bills to lose so he could get his new "Jim Kelly" and pontificate that a single man brought the org back as oppose to the COMPLETE team effort that is unveiling itself before our very eyes. The nation is taking notice of the Bill's resurgence (Det News) and praising Fitzy with his laser passing. i truly believe he would love to see us take the next two games but he doesn't know the true essence of the game and that it actually can be done.The kids are doing just fine with Fitzy. Shame on Sully for using quill trickery as oppose to and old fashion apology or admitting he was wrong.

Yeh, I think you got it wrong there. Of course it matters to the guy at the water cooler. And I think that is exactly what Sully was saying. i think he is giving credit. Think what you like about him but don't try so hard to read between the lines. Maybe just read the lines.

he's an atypical media talking (typing) head.

They brag when the team looks good, and they rag on them when they play bad.

The Bills have won 4 of their last 6 games - thats the reality he has to work with.

Do you mean he is "a typical" media talking (typing) head?

The bar is set higher at TBD as we are fans that really analyze the games and although we are not professionals we follow all moves throughout the season. Sooo in that light perhaps we are not his audience as we can call out his BS. Regardless its tough to see a man write that we need to lose to win?!? huh? WTF? Matt Stafford? and the rams QB? and we may not have a season next year? We must win NOW! Sully has another positive article today but perhaps intended for the pedestrian fan cuz it doesnt fly w me.

some good opinions on Sullivan here

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/124797-that-damn-jerry-sullivan/

Even though I think the guy is a hack, I thought he was sincere in the latest article and not being sarcastic when he says "Ask the guy at the cooler if it matters".

He prefaced it with" "Go ahead". Thats a smart a** challenge in customary conversation. go ahead, touch the muffler see if its hot. Go ahead, ring that doorbell.

regardless its silly to persuade anyone what he meant as he plays in the gray area. My knock against him is the wish to lose thing. "Go ahead, make my day"

bottom line is that the Bills are making a nice run and real fans have noticed the effort,the general pop may not understand what Chan and company have done to change the team...but then again the gen pop typically only understand overall record.

I didn't get that from the article. I thought he was being somewhat optimistic.

For a freakin change !! The guy has been bashing the Bills all year long , has never had anything really positive to say even in a win he would find a way to bash the team some way some how i just can't wait to see out Bills turn it around and he'll be amongst the first to be giving Gailey & Nix praise saying

"I knew Gailey could turn this team around " Or "I could see what Nix was trying to do by bringing in those guys"

He's a typical media guy jump on what every other media person is saying instead of standing on hi own opinion he just goes with the flow .

Doesn't mention his loser philosophy of losing as many games as possible to get a #1 QB in article.

http://www.buffalone...ticle288812.ece

If you read closely you can read between the lines that he is heavily discounting the team and ends the article with a condescending:

"OK, it wasn't like beating Don Shula in his final game, or Jim Kelly outdueling Dan Marino in the snow. But they knocked out Miami, and when has that ever been a bad thing? Go ahead. Ask the person at the water cooler if it mattered." -Sullivan

My take is that he believes most at the water cooler wouldn't think that THIS bills win over the Fins mattered. Which is wrong and being a tremendous hater. We sat Miami Down and we nearly beat the pats last time. We are due and its a home game. Sully is just weaslin his way in on the fun after nearly begging the Bills to lose so he could get his new "Jim Kelly" and pontificate that a single man brought the org back as oppose to the COMPLETE team effort that is unveiling itself before our very eyes. The nation is taking notice of the Bill's resurgence (Det News) and praising Fitzy with his laser passing. i truly believe he would love to see us take the next two games but he doesn't know the true essence of the game and that it actually can be done.The kids are doing just fine with Fitzy. Shame on Sully for using quill trickery as oppose to and old fashion apology or admitting he was wrong.

LOL I don't think you could be any more wrong in your assessment of Sullivan's article. You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

He prefaced it with" "Go ahead". Thats a smart a** challenge in customary conversation. go ahead, touch the muffler see if its hot. Go ahead, ring that doorbell.

regardless its silly to persuade anyone what he meant as he plays in the gray area. My knock against him is the wish to lose thing. "Go ahead, make my day"

bottom line is that the Bills are making a nice run and real fans have noticed the effort,the general pop may not understand what Chan and company have done to change the team...but then again the gen pop typically only understand overall record.

More important and telling, imo, is the headline of the article. "Downing the Dolphins is Always a Step Forward".

Also, when he says "Go ahead, ask the person at the water cooler if it mattered", he is speaking to someone who doesnt understand the Dolphins rivalry. For any fan younger than 28, they have no idea about a Dolphin rivalry. Recent history would make the Pats the "new Dolphins". That is why he is "challenging" them, not you or I who already hate the Dolphins.