Will Jackson get 1000 yards?

artmalibu

Who cares. First 1000 is not a lot of yards. Second one could argue that having a 1000 yard rusher is a sign of mismanagement. The smart teams assemble 2 or more 1000 yard capable backs on their roster and split their carries. That way they never have to pay for a 1000 yard back or worry about losing a big stat guy to free agency.

Who cares. First 1000 is not a lot of yards. Second one could argue that having a 1000 yard rusher is a sign of mismanagement. The smart teams assemble 2 or more 1000 yard capable backs on their roster and split their carries. That way they never have to pay for a 1000 yard back or worry about losing a big stat guy to free agency.

1500 then I care

You guys don't know what you're talking about, because in the context of Jackson's season 1,000 yards or more would be VERY impressive. He wasn't used as workhorse running back until Week 7. Up to that point, his highest number of carries in any given week was 12. I repeat, 1,000 yards for Jackson this year would be a feat.

You guys don't know what you're talking about, because in the context of Jackson's season 1,000 yards or more would be VERY impressive. He wasn't used as workhorse running back until Week 7. Up to that point, his highest number of carries in any given week was 12. I repeat, 1,000 yards for Jackson this year would be a feat.

That and the whole "guy from Coe College who wasn't drafted and had to cut his teeth in the Arena League before getting a shot" going over 1,000 for the second year in a row thing.

You're arguing out both sides of your mouth.

You can't say on one hand that 1000 yards is no longer significant (you imply the 16-game schedule argument) and in the next breath that 1000 yards is a product of overuse.

That is exactly what you are saying and it's ridiculous. Stick to one argument or the other.

Thank you Sage.

If Freddy eclipses 1000 yards (and he will, barring injury), he will be only the 4th running back in NFL history to have back to back 1000 yard seasons after entering the league as an undrafted free agent.

Go Freddy!!!