School Voucher plan for all Florida students??

erynthered

"So if the parents want to spend it on virtual school, then spend it on virtual school. If they want to spend it on, you know, whatever education system they believe in, whether it's this public school or that public school or this private school or that private school, that's what ought to happen."

I'm ok with that but we need a test at the end of each year and if the child doesn't get a 65% or better the parents are fired.

What a phenomenal idea. I had never heard of this; it is a tad radical in the aspect that it would shake up the system, but what parent could possibly be opposed to having more choices for their childrens education? Of course the Unions would hate this simply because this would diminish their power, but who the !@#$ cares about what they think? We all know they only work in their own self-interest.

This is about competition and competition is almost always good for the consumer, in this case the consumers are the children.

What a phenomenal idea. I had never heard of this; it is a tad radical in the aspect that it would shake up the system, but what parent could possibly be opposed to having more choices for their childrens education? Of course the Unions would hate this simply because this would diminish their power, but who the !@#$ cares about what they think? We all know they only work in their own self-interest.

This is about competition and competition is almost always good for the consumer, in this case the consumers are the children.

You'd be surprised. I once tackled this subject in a class discussion in an intermediate level macroeconomics course, and the response was so enlightening I might call it life changing. It's when I fully understood what people mean when they say liberalism is a religion. I fully grasped the concept of which Brian Tracy speaks when he suggests that once people have made up their mind about something their brain will not allow any contrary info to process.

I laid out all the benefits of the system and all they could come back with amounted to: It would be better than the current system but it wouldn't completely eliminate the advantage the rich have because they could still potentially afford better schools like they do now, so we should scrap the whole idea. That's when I realized trying to persuade liberals with reason was futile, but making fun of them for pleasure is still satisfying, hence my presence.

You'd be surprised. I once tackled this subject in a class discussion in an intermediate level macroeconomics course, and the response was so enlightening I might call it life changing. It's when I fully understood what people mean when they say liberalism is a religion. I fully grasped the concept of which Brian Tracy speaks when he suggests that once people have made up their mind about something their brain will not allow any contrary info to process.

I laid out all the benefits of the system and all they could come back with amounted to: It would be better than the current system but it wouldn't completely eliminate the advantage the rich have because they could still potentially afford better schools like they do now, so we should scrap the whole idea. That's when I realized trying to persuade liberals with reason was futile, but making fun of them for pleasure is still satisfying, hence my presence.

Don't get too smug as always the devil is in the details.

With Republicans in control of both the houses here in Florida, I could see this happening.

And I agree with you, !@#$ the unions and FCAT.

"So if the parents want to spend it on virtual school, then spend it on virtual school. If they want to spend it on, you know, whatever education system they believe in, whether it's this public school or that public school or this private school or that private school, that's what ought to happen."

I'm ok with that but we need a test at the end of each year and if the child doesn't get a 65% or better the parents are fired.

That would be a great move, if it were possible- parents are usually more responsible for the problem than the teachers!