Why is does Cam Newton not get more consideration?

TH3

Why do they compare him to Russel? Russel is nowhere near the athlete Newton is.

My guess, as sad as it is....he's black. I'd take Newton over any QB in this draft not named Luck. Not sure what other reason, other than the color of his skin, that he doesn't get the respect. He's got size, strength, speed, sees the rush coming and decent touch on his passes. He may not be the most polished "passer", but he's nowhere near where jamarcus was in college, he's much better.

I'm not a big fan of Newton, but I do think he's got a good chance to help a team win in the nfl.

You mean how every white receiver is now compared to Wes Welker and before him Ed McCaffery? If I had a dollar for everytime Jordan Shipley was compared to Welker I'd have a **** load of dollars. The race thing is tired.

Newton to Russell on the other hand has more to do with great athletic ability questionable character and a huge arm. I think cam is a better QB than Russell but he has question marks but there are some similarities. In fact, Jamarcus had better stats as a passer the season before he came out

Jamarcus 67.8 comp % 3129 yards 28 TD 8 INT

Cam 67.1 comp % 2589 yards 28 TD 6 INT

Yup racism.

You mean how every white receiver is now compared to Wes Welker and before him Ed McCaffery? If I had a dollar for everytime Jordan Shipley was compared to Welker I'd have a **** load of dollars. The race thing is tired.

Newton to Russell on the other hand has more to do with great athletic ability questionable character and a huge arm. I think cam is a better QB than Russell but he has question marks but there are some similarities. In fact, Jamarcus had better stats as a passer the season before he came out

Jamarcus 67.8 comp % 3129 yards 28 TD 8 INT

Cam 67.1 comp % 2589 yards 28 TD 6 INT

Yup racism.

This.

It has to do with his size and attributes, and knocks on his character. I wouldn't, for example, compare him to McNabb, who I think has had a fine career but is really much more of a pocket passer, or Vick, who I think is more elusive and less of a "tough to bring down" kind of guy.

Newton might even be more of a "Roethlisberger with better arm" player. Regardless, I just see question marks and they mostly owe to the fact he's had just one year of starts in a D1 program. Don't think that that doesn't give Nix pause.