Jets player/trainer cheapshot on punt

ofiba

Anyone watching the Jets/Dolphins game? The Dolphins punted and one of the gunners was pushed out of bounds and running full speed down the sideline. There was what I assume was a Jets player dressed in street clothes standing on the sidelines. As the Dolphin passed, the Jet deliberately stuck his knee out and made contact with the Dolphin player's upper knee/lower thigh. The Dolphin's player was injured on the play. Real gutsy of the Jets player to do on the sidelines in street clothes.

I'm sure there will be video of it out soon.

It was Jet's "Strength and Conditioning" coach Sal Alosi.

He was suspended without pay indefinitely after the hue and cry and fined $25,000 by the Jets.

Players said he instructed them to form a line next to him in a prohibited area.

Ryan and the Jets say this was done completely without their knowledge and instruction. Yeah, whatever.

The NFL fined the Jets $100,000 over the incident.

Linky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very happy the NFL fined the Jests, saying they did it to emphasize the organization is responsible for the conduct of all its employees. I think the odds of Alosi instructing the players to line up without Ryan and the ST coach endorsing it (if not instructing him to line 'em) are zippo.

It was Jet's "Strength and Conditioning" coach Sal Alosi.

He was suspended without pay indefinitely after the hue and cry and fined $25,000 by the Jets.

Players said he instructed them to form a line next to him in a prohibited area.

Ryan and the Jets say this was done completely without their knowledge and instruction. Yeah, whatever.

The NFL fined the Jets $100,000 over the incident.

Linky

Do you realize you're replying to a post that is weeks old? I'm sure he's been made aware of it by now.

Do you realize you're replying to a post that is weeks old? I'm sure he's been made aware of it by now.

The Vikings roof caved in so they are going to be playing in Detroit. Have a Merry Christmas!

not a big deal. its called "giving them the business" and its part of the game. sometimes ppl just react and make dumb mistakes happens all the time on the sidelines and on the field. i hate the jets regardless

Giving them the "business"? - huh?

not a big deal?- what?

OK, I don't know what rock you were found crawling out from under, but this has proven to be far from a dumb mistake.

It was a planned event and the idiot in charge has been rightfully suspended, and should never have the good fortune to see an NFL sideline ever again- well, he could always pay to sit near the sidelines...but never as an employee of the NFL ever again.

It's the equivalent of being the car wash boy at a Bentley dealer...kicking the side panels and denting them is damaging the product. I don't care if he was trying to kill a mosquito. There is no room for this kind of malicious intent to injure.