Bad news about the playoffs

KurtGodel77

This from NFL.com: " The Jets have the league's leading rusher, their quarterback back in the fold and a chance to clinch a playoff spot this week. That's the good news." Um, if that's the good news, I'd hate to hear the bad news. Presumably, if the Jets have the chance to clinch a playoff spot this week, they'll have the chance again next week. And again the following week. This will continue up until the playoffs, I'd imagine. Certainly the Jets will win at least one game in their next four, so that leaves just one playoff spot for everyone else to compete for.

This from NFL.com: " The Jets have the league's leading rusher, their quarterback back in the fold and a chance to clinch a playoff spot this week. That's the good news." Um, if that's the good news, I'd hate to hear the bad news. Presumably, if the Jets have the chance to clinch a playoff spot this week, they'll have the chance again next week. And again the following week. This will continue up until the playoffs, I'd imagine. Certainly the Jets will win at least one game in their next four, so that leaves just one playoff spot for everyone else to compete for.

155653[/snapback]

Only if it was true.....

Bottom line they probably thinking if they beat Pitt in Pitt there is no way they lose there last three....and i would agree with that...

Only if it was true.....

Bottom line they probably thinking if they beat Pitt in Pitt there is no way they lose there last three....and i would agree with that...

155656[/snapback]

The Jets will get crushed by the Steelers this Sunday.

Steelers 27 Jets 10

And, not that is matters much to our beloved Bills, the Eagles will be defeated in an AMBUSH by the Redskins and the Greg Williams "D".

Classic TRAP game.

Bills 31, Browns 9

I agree it would be nice if we could clear those guys out of the playoffs, but I'm also rooting against the Jets. I want them to lose on general principle. Also, ridding the playoffs of their foul presence would free up a slot for Buffalo.

155678[/snapback]

Normally I would agree with that, but what happens if the Bills do make the playoffs, along with the Jets and Patriots. Three teams from the AFC East.

And not one of them wearing fukked up colors like orange and aquamarine.

Guest Guest_billsfaninfla_*

the jets do not have the fifth seed locked up after pitt pounds them this week things will get a lot more fun in the wild card race

If the Jets Beat the Steelers, the Jets would beat the Bills in the tie breaker if we both finish 10-6. If the Jets lose to the Steelers, Pats, and Either the Seahawks or Rams, The Bills win a tie break with the Jets if we both have 10-6 records based on common opponent record.

Simply put, the Jets cant beat the Steelers if we want to move ahead of them, and Im sure its like that for most teams.

Lets face it guys, If the Bills win out, the chances of going to the Playoffs rests on the Jets Losing @Pitt, NE, and the Seahawks or @Rams(Both will be fighting for playoffs). Then the Ravens have to lose 2 games, most likley @Indy and @ Pit.

I wont get into the the Broncos and Jags because these 2 are the most likley to happen IMO.

Things are looking good for the Bills.

If the Jets Beat the Steelers, the Jets would beat the Bills in the tie breaker if we both finish 10-6.  If the Jets lose to the Steelers, Pats, and Either the Seahawks or Rams, The Bills win a tie break with the Jets if we both have 10-6 records based on common opponent record.

155770[/snapback]

I thought the first tiebreaker (aside from head-to-head) is AFC record.

No matter what happens, if the Bills and Jets end up tied at 10-6, the Jets will have a better AFC record. They have 7 AFC wins right now; the best we can have is 6.

We must win all 4 games ---

and we jump ahead of...

The jets if they lose 3

The broncos if they lose 2

The Ravens if they lose 2

Jags if they lose 1

In other words, we must win and 3 of those 4 things must happen.

(look at the schedules for those teams, its not that unlikely)

I thought the first tiebreaker (aside from head-to-head) is AFC record.

No matter what happens, if the Bills and Jets end up tied at 10-6, the Jets will have a better AFC record. They have 7 AFC wins right now; the best we can have is 6.

155782[/snapback]

Interdivision tiebreakers go as follows:

1. Divisional Record

2. Record vs. Common Opponents

3. Conference Record

4. Strength of victory

5. Strength of schedule

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in common games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games

So it depends on how the Jests get to their 10-6 record if they lose to Pitt but beat NE and finish 10-6 they have the tiebreaker over the Bills because their divisional record will be 4-2 while ours is 3-3. If they lose to both Pitt and NE and finish 10-6 then we own the tiebreaker because the Bills record vs. common opponents will be 10-4 while the Jests will be at 8-6 (I included each teams 3-3 divisional record). The latter scenario doesn't seem too far off if our boys win out.

However, if we end up tied with Baltimore obviously they win it because they beat the Bills. If we end up tied with Denver it comes down to our conference record which will be 6-6 (.500) if we win out and Denver, in order to finish at 10-6, will have to win the next 3 of 4 games all against the AFC, which will put them at 6-5 (.540) within the conference and that winning percentage will be higher than Buffalo's, so Denver will own the tiebreaker because they played more games against the Junior Varsity league, but it will be tough for them because after the Dolfelons in Denver they go to KC (always tough between those 2 teams) to Tennessee and then at home against Indy...hopefully they lose two quick ones and none of this comes into play...go err Dolphins?!?!