Need Advice on Putting a Pet Down

truth on hold

Thanks again everyone. In my wildest imagination when I started this thread, I never thought there'd be this many heartfelt posts. Lot of really nice, quality people on this board ... Buffalonians are truly the best!

Vlad's scheduled for 2 this afternoon. After getting a lot of IV fluid and pills (and his favorite snack Bumble Bee tuna), he's done considerably better today than yesterday morning. I know it's time though, but darn if this isn't the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, this thread is really hard to read. My heart goes out to you and Vlad. As well as to you and your cat bbb. I had to put my dog down three years ago this month. He was the nicest doberman you would ever find. It was the hardest thing I had to do.

God I still miss him.

Good luck Joe.

Thanks, Westside!..........My heart goes out to Joe & Vlad today, too.

Edited by bbb

Thanks again everyone. In my wildest imagination when I started this thread, I never thought there'd be this many heartfelt posts. Lot of really nice, quality people on this board ... Buffalonians are truly the best!

Vlad's scheduled for 2 this afternoon. After getting a lot of IV fluid and pills (and his favorite snack Bumble Bee tuna), he's done considerably better today than yesterday morning. I know it's time though, but darn if this isn't the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

stay strong bud. youre doing the right thing.

He's gone. Just got back from vet. House is so empty without him it's surreal. The vet was crying when she came in the room ... that's how much she cared for him. She apologized for not being professional, and I told her "no, that's why I chose you to do it. Because I knew you cared." Yes, I stayed in the room. Couldn't imagine it any other way. He looked so peaceful after, very much like he was still with us. Then she carried him away wrapped in a powder blue blanket, everything covered but his head. Very much like someone clutching a newborn. I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He's gone. Just got back from vet. House is so empty without him it's surreal. The vet was crying when she came in the room ... that's how much she cared for him. She apologized for not being professional, and I told her "no, that's why I chose you to do it. Because I knew you cared." Yes, I stayed in the room. Couldn't imagine it any other way. He looked so peaceful after, very much like he was still with us. Then she carried him away wrapped in a powder blue blanket, everything covered but his head. Very much like someone clutching a newborn. I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Sorry to hear that man, but you did the right thing for the guy. I got a 1.5 year old cat and i already cant imagine having to do it. Good luck and remember Vlad for how he was! :thumbsup:

Wow - now I cried again. I used to go a decade between cries, and now I went a week......That was very powerful. That's amazing that the vet cried, too.

I really like want Nanker said - "The pain you feel is the measure of that love."