Clayton and Salisbury talking about Bills QB thing

nodnarb

So, count out Brown. Clayton and Salibury think we should bring in Jeff George because he's still in great shape, wants to play, and can sling it with the best of them.

Interesting to hear all this...amazing how quickly things can turn...

I feel pretty bad for Travis Brown, and after watching the injury about 33 times, I'm pissed that there was no call. He clearly went at the knees, which is a penalty.

If Bledsoe is injured, kiss the season goodbye. We'd have to start Freddie SMith at QB.

Why would you put TB on IR???

JP will be starting next year, and

Bledsoe will be the experienced back-up.

Even if DB is cut after this year, we need someone with more experience

to backup JP.

I'd reach an injury settlement with TB (again) & let him go.

I'm sure Tom Doanhoe will think of something or somebody. :doh:

Jeff George

Rob Johnson

Neil Odonell

Wow, that is some list. I bet we have to wait and see who gets cut around the NFL. Quicny Carter would have been ok with me.

Brown hasn't even had an mri yet. If he tore his ACL, consider him retired, if not, he could be back sometime this season. We don't know if he tore it yet though! I just hope this injury is nasty looking. i'm watching the game tonight.

Brown hasn't even had an mri yet.  If he tore his ACL, consider him retired, if not, he could be back sometime this season.  We don't know if he tore it yet though!  I just hope this injury is nasty looking.  i'm watching the game tonight.

11221[/snapback]

It was a cheap shot and looked real bad. He is done. I have seen RBs blow out there knees from not even being hit. He took a heavy shot to the side of the knee.

So, count out Brown. Clayton and Salibury think we should bring in Jeff George because he's still in great shape, wants to play, and can sling it with the best of them.

I feel pretty bad for Travis Brown, and after watching the injury about 33 times, I'm pissed that there was no call. He clearly went at the knees, which is a penalty.

If Bledsoe is injured, kiss the season goodbye. We'd have to start Freddie SMith at QB.

11206[/snapback]

I hate to say it but I think Flutie would be a perfect fit talent/brain/experience-wise but would be a major disctraction if/when DB falters this year. That being said Donahoe & Co. have two ways to go with a QB move:

1. Very experinced guys that are willingy to sign for this 1 yr w/o any chance of playing unless DB gets injured. This person would also have to accept that if towards the end of the year DB is struggling or injured that Losman would be playing not him. (Blake?, Flutie, O'Donnell, George, Haurd, Aikman (kidding), and ???)

2. A young prospect that would or might complete with whatever we have next in at QB. (Brees, Garrard (probably n/a), O'Sullivan, Bouman, Matthews)

I guess another option is that since almost all of those options are not pretty sign a very young guy that is totally unproven and released in the next two weeks or the best CFL or AFL QB available.

And, I guess another option would be to do what we did last year with DB and AVP and go with DB and Zorro. Just live and die with DB since he has not been hurt much in the last 2 years which if you think about is a miracle. This won't happen but it is an option. A variation of this option would be to get an option 1 or 2 guy in and put Zolman on the PS in case of injury.

We shall see but personally I doubt ANYBODY that we pick up this late can help us go to the playoffs if DB is down for many games. Just my opinion...

Go Bills!

It was a cheap shot and looked real bad. He is done. I have seen RBs blow out there knees from not even being hit. He took a heavy shot to the side of the knee. 

my dad just e-mailed me and said it was sick looking. I just hope this hurricane doesn't scramble my directv at 9 tonight.

If there's been no MRI how can Clayton and Salisbury be saying it's a torn ACL? Forget Flutie. I don't think SD is going to cut him. I thought O'Donnell was retired? He might not want to come play for Donahoe didn't Donahoe opt not to resign him in Pittsburgh? Or was it that Rooney wouldn't spend? Jeff George? If he can put his ego aside that might work.....

MRI negative on knee cartlidge/bone damage but torn ACL.

Travis had his shot and may have lost it due to a cheat shot.  Watch NFL fine Indianapolis player after reviews.

That sucks..... Might've been his last shot, too.

IMO - Watch for the Jets to cut Ricky Ray now that they have Quincy Carter and I think the Bills may pick him up. He is a former CFL'er from Edmonton and has done squat so far but I think in due time could be a player in the Jeff Garcia type mold. Keep an eye on him. Serious potential.

11206[/snapback]

Watching a few others games yesterday and today (NFL Network), I saw it happen multiple times in every game and NO CALLS. This is preseason, and I was yelling at the TV. How can these officials not place a very high importance on this????

Well, at least they are getting good practice looking for the contact by the DB's on WR's :blink:

a-holes!

Watching a few others games yesterday and today (NFL Network), I saw it happen multiple times in every game and NO CALLS. This is preseason, and I was yelling at the TV. How can these officials not place a very high importance on this????

Well, at least they are getting good practice looking for the contact by the DB's on WR's  :blink:

a-holes!

11348[/snapback]

Jeff George... Good grief. I am going straight out to the bar I see Jeff at all the time Champps and breaking his throwing arm.

All else aside if the guy tore his ACL u gotta feel bad for him. I did it this past year and know first hand what its all about, not fun. Can't imagine what it would feel like if your a professional like Travis Brown and the injury jepordizes a lot of $$$$. Good luck to him though, i hope its a negative MRI otherwise his career in the NFL will be all but over.

If it is torn Travis will be lucky if he can even participate in next years training camp, and the Bills simply arent good enough at the QB position to wait that long.