Colin Kaepernick

judman

Kaepernick and the Nevada Wolfpack came back to win against Boise St. last night. Keep Fitzpatrick... but DRAFT THIS GUY! Do it like Green Bay did with Aaron Rodgers. They drafted him before Brett's departure, and let him learn some from Favre. Kaepernick is a running guy, but he does have a good arm. Oh, and he is 6'6" and something like 220 lbs.

Do any of you draft gurus know when this Kaepernick kid is expected to go in the draft? Is it possible to pick him up in the 3rd or 4th round?

Right now I'd say he's a 4th or 5th rounder. he has a ton of physical potential, live arm, super athletic, and seems intelligent. However he comes from a gimmicky offense,has a kind of funky throwing motion,and struggles at time taking some zip off the ball on the short and intermediate throws. Reminds me of Brad Smith in that he may be better suited at WR at the next level, unless you have 3 or 4 years to develop him.

Being that he is from Turlock California (Pitman High) which is near my town of Modesto, California I would be VERY happy if they drafted him. He is a good quarterback, he just doesn't play for a "major" program.

The kid is 6'6"?? The guy interviewing him yesterday must have been tall as heck then, cause Kaepernick didn't look that tall at all. Weird.

The kid looks legit. I've seen him play a couple times including last night. His mechanics are off - I'm not sure if its because of his size or what but he doesn't throw like a 6'6" guy. I know he's a pitcher and has a similar follow through. They say he's done with baseball so I wouldn't get hung up on that.

With his back against the wall against one of the best defenses in the country he took command and led his team down the field multiple times in the biggest game of his career. Pretty impressive. He is very mobile too. Definitely a top 5 QB prospect.