Some plays that showed character

There were certainly times when I felt the feeling that we all know so well and it is when the team has a play or two that just doesn't go our way or it appears as though the team is completely unprepared to play.

1. The Bengals looked to have a very easy drive on their first drive of the game and ran the ball well against our sieve-like running defense.

2. Although it was nullified by a penalty which was legitimate, the interception by Dhani Jones.

3. The interceptions by Joseph which of course included a touchdown.

4. The very makeable field goal by Lindel after a long drive amounts to nothing.

5. An extra second put on the clock before the half which actually was the correct call.

There may be other things that didn't go against us but still pressed the memories of a group of players that have let the type of play exemplified by the first half crush their confidence in the second. The typical Bills would have folded like they did against the Packers and the Jets (who by the way are looking like a very strong playoff teams) and what happens during the rest of the season is yet to be determined of course. Our team, however, has a strong comeback game against a fairly talented team in their memory-toolbox to always reference when they are behind. There will continue to be struggles against the Pats and the Jets, but at least we have growth, improvement, possibly talent, and what seems to be an understanding of what the coaches are preaching. As a fan who was pretty down after the Jets game and certainly after an 0 and 8 start, I'll take those positives in a second.

It is physically impossible is this universe for that play to have ended and for cincy to get a time out. It was a complete gift. It was a running play. Play continues until the play is blown dead. When the play is blown dead someone can call time out. None of these things happened. Eddie the ref just arbitrarily added the second back in. There is a reason nfl teams never run with 7 seconds or less remaining. 9 times out of ten they do not run or pass with less than 7 seconds in that situation. Eddie gave marvin a complete and utter gift.

Maybe the time out was arranged prior to the snap. "Hey Ed, if we don't get in we want a time out." That would predispose him toward a quick whistle (the whole it's when I thought about blowing it dead not when anyone actually heard it) and then an instantaneous timeout. Must say I was very angry about the call. Might have been in too much of a rant for my wife's and mother's comfort. :oops:

Please explain how you believe adding 1 sec was the correct call

YEAH? WTF?

It is physically impossible is this universe for that play to have ended and for cincy to get a time out. It was a complete gift. It was a running play. Play continues until the play is blown dead. When the play is blown dead someone can call time out. None of these things happened. Eddie the ref just arbitrarily added the second back in. There is a reason nfl teams never run with 7 seconds or less remaining. 9 times out of ten they do not run or pass with less than 7 seconds in that situation. Eddie gave marvin a complete and utter gift.

Good Lord. The Bills won that horribly bungled (pun intended) game and still you homers are complaining about the officiating? Overall the Bills have nothing at all to complain about.