BILLS / BENGALS Game Thread

Simon

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the rest of you guys but this forward progress stuff really ticks me off ever since that Baltimore game. I don't really think the refs know what forward progress is and how to apply it. Like what just happened to the Bills, there was only 5 seconds left and the guy was stopped at 3 seconds there was no whistle and he was still fighting for yards through the half, then they give him back one second to kick a field goal what kind of crap is that. And earlier in the game when the running back for the Bengals was inside the five fighting for yards fumbles the ball right into the refs hands and the play was called dead....I think he knows it was a fumble he just didn't want to get killed. I know the Bills are frusturated with this stuff and I wish someone would ask Coach how he feels about it. It's crap...I think if the guy's forward progress is stopped and he is still fighting for yards and is at least still leaning forward it should still be a live play unless you are at a stand still for 3 seconds, if the player's forward progress is stopped and he is falling backward (like when you can get your balance and your natural reaction keeps you up by back peddling) then they should blow the play dead....thoughts. I still think we are in this game if we can come out and get a TD to open the half and then stop Cinny on there first possession...thoughts.

Remember being down to Houston 35-3?

We're only down by 2 TD's. It ain't over yet.

Yea but we had a pretty decent team.. This isn't a team that can insurer a win when they are ahead, so I can't trust them giving hope from behind.. Plus remember George of the jungle is our DC!

This game is exposing Fitz for what he is and that is a flawed QB. BUT down 17 with the ball at half if Fitz is a worth a damm QB he will turn that first drive into 7 and try to get the Bills back into the game. Its getting late early for the Bills in this one but all in all this game is shaping up to be a big disappointment.

Its not that the Bills might loose this game its really the uncompetitive nature that the Bills are showing and Fitz's play. It they lost a 4 point game and they showed a good effort you could come away feeling OK about the game. But to put out this dud is just disappointing.

There needs to be a good second half effort to take anything positive away from this game. Fitz plays better when the team is down and they have the ball to start they need to show something in the second half.