Offensive Line

bisonbrigade

Great, just tell us who it is?? I'm all for taking a franchise QB #1 IF you can be guaranteed he will be in a top 10 QB in 5 years and be a top level for another five years after that. Realize there's no promises at any positions but top QB's seem to have a higher failure rate than other positions.

Why?? My opinion is that it's easier to hide the weaknesses of college QB's. Plus many have stacked teams around them i.e. Tim Tebow. In the pro's it's a much more level playing field. Defenses have 10X the time to study opponetns, figure out their weaknesses, etc. make supposed stars look average. For those reasons, I'd feel safer picking a DE or LB. Actually what I'd really like to see is some team who really has QB problems, say Az, or even Minn once Brett really does retire for the 15th time, make a trade with the Bills for extra picks.

Looking at the draft pick value chart, assuming the Bills were to have the #2 overall pick, to move up from even #4 to #2 would likely cost the team their #1, #2, and #3. To jump from #10 to #2 would cost all of the above, plus likely their #1 the following season. More than likely there will be some team desperate to move up to pick one of these "can't miss" QB's Not that the Bill's don't also need one, but a team like Minn doesn't have as many other needs as the Bills do, so they may not need the extra draft picks as much and would more likely give them up.

Is Fitz a great QB? no! Is he top 15? maybe Is he serviceable? yes! If a team can win the SB with Trent Dilfer, and a great defense, you can build a winning team around Fitz with good creative coaching which I think they now have in Chan, and a solid team around him. An extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd could accelerate that greatly.

SD and Cinn are two team who over the past 20 years or so have used many low round draft picks on QB's only to see one after another fail. No one saw these guys not succeeding.

i know you fitz nuts dont get it but we need a true franchaise QB first priority,nothing has changed.

fitz will make a great back up QB to help out our rookie stud who will start from day one mark my words.

Over the past four or five games the Offensive line play has been amazingly playing pretty damn good even with the revolving door at OT. I am not saying there's no room for improvement but the real focus of next years draft should be DE/OLB pass rushers on defense. If QB Luck is there take him, otherwise draft three DE/OLB in the first Three rounds. Load up on the front seven and draft some OT in the 4th round and later.

The o-line is improving but still not a quality line capabile of dominating a game (think 90's). The Right OT position has been woeful.

One thing that helps this line is Fitz. Fitz has speed, vision, and he is just plain tough.

Lots of other QBs would be much worse playing behind this line.

At a minimum we need to add more talent to the tackle positions.