Cam newton

NoSaint

I argue that just isnt true. If tebow were the same year or younger it would make sense. But he graduated last year, so Cam would be starting at florida this year, or wherever he ended up. I think that two years starting at florida after 3 years in the program (had a medical red shirt), without any transfer would look better then 2 at UF, 1 at blinn and 2 at Auburn. I would bet that the twos at florida would beat the blinn team any day of the week... Short of real issues with the university, or program, it just doesnt make sense. With a running QB like Tebow, he was always one snap away from playing at UF.

Sadly the only QB that i can think of that has done this recently and been drafted high is JP....

Jeremiah Masoli won't get drafted highly, but he's another QB that left a high profile program to QB an SEC West team under, shall we say, somewhat irregular circumstances.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, it's not a big deal that Cam's dad asked for money, the real story is whatever compelled someone to blow the whistle on Cam when he/she did.

There is no secret to who is blowing the whistle. It is Mississippi State. They were implicated in Newton's cash for play allegation. Their version is that CN's father and his representative were the primary people behind this affair. When stories were swerling over Newton's "incentive" laden recruitment process Mississippi State got scared that their program was going to be implicated and hit with serious sanctions. They are simply putting up the story line that they were victimized by Papa Newton's demands. They are trying to get ahead of the story and put out their version before the investigation delves deeply into the muck.

The SEC is notorious for schools which have lost out in the star recruitment battles to snitch on the schools who ended up with the prized product. It is the byproduct of the rich booster system. It is amusing how member schools can righteously point their wagging fingers at the other big time schools for the same ugly behavior they themselves are involved.

Edited by JohnC

Jeremiah Masoli won't get drafted highly, but he's another QB that left a high profile program to QB an SEC West team under, shall we say, somewhat irregular circumstances.

That included multiple convictions and being booted off the team.... Thats precisely what im getting at -- unless someone your age or younger has taken your job, or you have some serious stuff go on off the field, it doesnt really happen, just about ever.

There is no secret to who is blowing the whistle. It is Mississippi State. They were implicated in Newton's cash for play allegation. Their version is that CN's father and his representative were the primary people behind this affair. When stories were swerling over Newton's "incentive" laden recruitment process Mississippi State got scared that their program was going to be implicated and hit with serious sanctions. They are simply putting up the story line that they were victimized by Papa Newton's demands. They are trying to get ahead of the story and put out their version before the investigation delves deeply into the muck.

The SEC is notorious for schools which have lost out in the star recruitment battles to snitch on the schools who ended up with the prized product. It is the byproduct of the rich booster system. It is amusing how member schools can righteously point their wagging fingers at the other big time schools for the same ugly behavior they themselves are involved.

the fbi was investigating auburn boosters prior to the cam deal -- the miss st information helped the case along, but as more comes out, it seems like Cam had high potential of getting caught regardless. Several boosters have allegedly had their phones tapped for quite some time. This is starting to bubble out into a state-wide investigation including banks, charities, gambling establishments, and charges of money laundering, extortion, and even using that money to gain sway politically in alabama. depending on what can be proven, cam could just be a figurehead, or noteable name for fans to recognize... essentially the face of a HUGE scandal. Rumors are starting to swirl, that if there is proof of what is being alleged (beyond just cam -- boosters, board members etc) auburn may end up booted from the SEC as a long term endpoint.

heres a link to some info about someone involved in the booster program, suspected of laundering cash to get it to families being arrested this fall on other charges....

http://www.thetuskegeenews.com/articles/2010/10/21/opinion/doc4cbf59b3eea05796017322.txt

Edited by NoSaint

That included multiple convictions and being booted off the team.... Thats precisely what im getting at -- unless someone your age or younger has taken your job, or you have some serious stuff go on off the field, it doesnt really happen, just about ever.

WRT Netwon, there are rumors that he dug himself a pretty big hole off the field (as I'm sure you know) and more than just a misunderstanding about "a laptop gift" and a couple of homework assignments eaten by his pet hampster. (And, yes, in contrast Masoli's many repeated failures are a matter of public record as he was actually arrested, etc.)

WRT Netwon, there are rumors that he dug himself a pretty big hole off the field (as I'm sure you know) and more than just a misunderstanding about "a laptop gift" and a couple of homework assignments eaten by his pet hampster. (And, yes, in contrast Masoli's many repeated failures are a matter of public record as he was actually arrested, etc.)

that was exactly my point -- this kid has made mistakes along the way. the transfer was less about tebow staying and more about off field issues. people in this thread were debating that it was solely to pick up some extra starts.

the fbi was investigating auburn boosters prior to the cam deal -- the miss st information helped the case along, but as more comes out, it seems like Cam had high potential of getting caught regardless. Several boosters have allegedly had their phones tapped for quite some time. This is starting to bubble out into a state-wide investigation including banks, charities, gambling establishments, and charges of money laundering, extortion, and even using that money to gain sway politically in alabama. depending on what can be proven, cam could just be a figurehead, or noteable name for fans to recognize... essentially the face of a HUGE scandal. Rumors are starting to swirl, that if there is proof of what is being alleged (beyond just cam -- boosters, board members etc) auburn may end up booted from the SEC as a long term endpoint.

heres a link to some info about someone involved in the booster program, suspected of laundering cash to get it to families being arrested this fall on other charges....

http://www.thetuskegeenews.com/articles/2010/10/21/opinion/doc4cbf59b3eea05796017322.txt

One layer of entanglements laid on top of another layer laid on top of another layer etc. What seems outrageous when exposed is simply the not so unusual way of doing business. Is there any difference in the way things work in Washington with the solicitation of campaign money through lobbyists and the awarding of contracts and favorable legislation?

One layer of entanglements laid on top of another layer laid on top of another layer etc. What seems outrageous when exposed is simply the not so unusual way of doing business. Is there any difference in the way things work in Washington with the solicitation of campaign money through lobbyists and the awarding of contracts and favorable legislation?

essentially as you start getting into it more, it appears thats whats been going on -- the same boosters laundering money have been getting those funds to both athletes and politicians for them to "play" on their teams. if i linked the article i think i did (ive been reading a couple different) it was about illegal getting of votes in the alabama political machine for gambling establishments, and it just so happens to be guys that are closely tied to auburn recruitment...

To me its all about the round he would be taken......

What I try to do is picture what Chan Gailey would do with a particular QB.....and I am starting to think that Chan thinks the world of Fitz.....so whoever is brought in would be a understudy to him. That QB would need to be athletic and smart.

The more I look at this situation the more I SERIOUSLY think we are going to try to trade down.....unless Chan thinks Luck is all those things and he just cant pass him up.

And the more I think about it the more I think it is a total cant lose situation....Luck equals win.....trade down equals win