SB Nation has Luck staying at Stanford

The Senator

Sorry but I can't see a place where the average high in the summer is 68 as being in that category...gotta b a little warmer than that...sad when October is warmer than July...plus the gayness is a little much for me

Then I would imagine just about any cosmopolitan city is ' a little much ' for you. As for the climate, must really suck to live in Sydney, Australia, huh?

I lived in EssEff (Russian Hill) for 7 years - 68 in July is extremely comfortable - if you like it warmer, take a 10 minute ferry across the Bay to Alameda/Oakland or drive a few minutes down the peninsula (where most of the players live anyway). The number of 'micro-climates' and the difference a mile or two can make is quite fascinating.

As for the 'gay' thing - the gay population is higher in NYC, in LA, and in Chicago than in San Francisco.

Please - a little silly is fine, but try not to be ' really stupid silly '.

Edited by The Senator

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's a 4-year plan - but don't let facts get in your way...

Stanford Architectural Design Program - Typical Sequence of Courses

Just because I mentioned that it's typically a 5-year plan in most schools doesn't mean that you just spew that back out as knowledge, without first checking! :nana:

And, BTW, you clearly have NO insight whatsoever into Luck's demeanor (nor his AP status :rolleyes: ) - a high school valedictorian, by all accounts he's every bit as gifted in the classroom as on the field.

Yeah, quite clearly you have no idea about much of anything!

The 49ers play 35 miles up Route 101 from 'The Farm', San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities on the planet, and they are absolutely drooling over the prospect of drafting this kid out there - and you have no idea why I mention them in a Andrew Luck/NFL Draft scenario? Seriously??? :unsure:

Wow! :wacko:

Whether it's 5 years or 4 years is immaterial. Delaying entering the draft is a bad move, period.

As for the 49'ers, big rip that they want him. So too will about half the league come the 2011 draft. :rolleyes:

Whether it's 5 years or 4 years is immaterial. Delaying entering the draft is a bad move, period.

I'm sure Andy will weigh your opinion very heavily in his decision process - you've proven yourself to be a highly reliable source of accurate information so far! :lol:

Edited by The Senator

I'm sure Andy will weigh your opinion very heavily in his decision process - you've proven yourself to be a highly reliable source of accurate information so far! :lol:

Considering the source...yawn. And Andy can do whatever he wants. If he stays in school another year, he's a fool. And that's coming from someone who also values education.

Considering the source...yawn. And Andy can do whatever he wants. If he stays in school another year, he's a fool. And that's coming from someone who also values education.

Take classes in the offseason. I'd rather be taking classes part-time while I count my #1 pick bonus money rather than be a proud colege graduate and middle manager in some fortune 500 company because I got injured my Junior year. This is also coming from someone who has multiple degrees.

Considering that you claim to be " someone who values education ", I wonder if you realize the extreme oxymoronic nature of that statement? :w00t:

Considering that you claim to be " someone who values education ", I wonder if you realize the extreme oxymoronic nature of that statement? :w00t:

The pint being most people get an education to give them a chance to start a career with that education and support themselves. If you can set yourself up for life by declaring for the draft, you set yourself up for life. I could see the argument to get a diploma even for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but not the #1 overall pick in the draft. You sign a single contract and you have enough guaranteed money so that even if you get injured, you can walk away from football having made multi-millions.

The pint being most people get an education to give them a chance to start a career with that education and support themselves. If you can set yourself up for life by declaring for the draft, you set yourself up for life. I could see the argument to get a diploma even for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but not the #1 overall pick in the draft. You sign a single contract and you have enough guaranteed money so that even if you get injured, you can walk away from football having made multi-millions.

Thank you.

True. The dilemma in this case is that it comes down to Luck's personal values. Specifically, it is a reality that not everyone is motivated strictly by dollar signs.

I think there are as many different motivations to earn a degree as there are individuals, and would never be so arrogant as to transpose any perceived desire of personal fortune that you, I, Doc, or anyone else may (or may not) have on Andrew Luck in his decision whether to enter the draft in April, or finish his degree first.

All indications are, however, that he is a brilliant and hard-working student who places a very high value on finishing his Stanford degree - a desire that is instilled by and strongly supported by his family.

Yeah. Not to mention, I'm sure prospective employers would love that he graduated some 10 years earlier and hasn't been working in the field since. <_<

He said "...$100M+ in the bank when [his] career is over..."

Thank you, Doc. Just got back from the game and didn't want to have to explain that........Jeez and then he says well then his career would suck if it's only $100M. Sorry, I didn't come to an exact number that Manning and Brady will come up with. Maybe Luck will blow some of it.