Isnt this what we all wanted this year?

Our team IS getting better. I dont care what our record is. We are starting to compete against good teams. We are on the rise, unlike the past few years. We have some young guys stepping up (ie Johnson, Parrish, Bell) and we are becoming exciting to watch again, and thats really what its about. This will be a year to build off of, no matter what our record will turn out to be.

I'm not sure if we are getting better.

We are winless. We at least won 6 games last year, with mostly the same team *and* a lot of injuries. We are relatively healthy this year, but we aren't good enough to win a game.

Part of me agrees with you... in some ways we look a lot better. But, looking better, doesn't mean we are better as our record seems to indicate.

I just wish we could do something right. Our offense seems to be ok, but then we turn it over too often... our defense has been surprisingly ok the last couple games, but not good enough to get crucial stops. Not to mention we never force turn overs. Our special teams have been incredibly disappointing. I feel like we never get good returns. And we seem to miss kicks that should be made.

I'm not sure if we are getting better.

We are winless. We at least won 6 games last year, with mostly the same team *and* a lot of injuries. We are relatively healthy this year, but we aren't good enough to win a game.

Part of me agrees with you... in some ways we look a lot better. But, looking better, doesn't mean we are better as our record seems to indicate.

I just wish we could do something right. Our offense seems to be ok, but then we turn it over too often... our defense has been surprisingly ok the last couple games, but not good enough to get crucial stops. Not to mention we never force turn overs. Our special teams have been incredibly disappointing. I feel like we never get good returns. And we seem to miss kicks that should be made.

We didnt have the same team. Dont forget that Aaron Schobel was a big part of our defense, and our only good pass rusher. That is why we got turnovers, and that is why we were able to win last year. This year we aren't making enough big plays of defense. There is no pressure on the quarterback, therefore he is not making arrant throws to our defense. IF our offense had played like this last year, there is no doubt we would've made it to the playoffs.

Turnovers. If we force more Turnovers this is a 10-6 team next year.

There are only 4 teams with a worse turnover ratio.

Last year we got all sorts of turnovers, iirc.

Edit: just looked... last year there were 20 teams with a worse turnover ratio than us.

Edited by Dorkington

Yes, this is what most sensible folks should have wanted coming into the season.

Blow the thing up, go close to 0-16 to secure a chance at landing a franchise QB.

Play entertaining football (not another season of brutal 14-9 losses).

We didnt have the same team. Dont forget that Aaron Schobel was a big part of our defense, and our only good pass rusher. That is why we got turnovers, and that is why we were able to win last year. This year we aren't making enough big plays of defense. There is no pressure on the quarterback, therefore he is not making arrant throws to our defense. IF our offense had played like this last year, there is no doubt we would've made it to the playoffs.

Keep in mind, I said "mostly".

I know this years team is not the same as last years team. But it is largely the same personnel.

Funny how Jerry Sullivan and some posters wanted this team to lose 16 games. In fact I distinctly recall Jerry saying how he expected close entertaining losses. Now that we are halfway there they are still pissing and moaning. Short memory span.

PTR