SI's Jeff Pearlman should be ashamed.

This was my email to Jeff:

Jeff,

Your condescending article about the city of Buffalo is disgusting. You shouldn't put down a city that many people have so much pride in. Have you ever been to Buffalo? It's a city of some of the nicest and hardest working people in this country. I've seen many people send the same message that you tried to, in a much classier way. Show me another city of this size that would support losing teams for so long. It doesn't exist. The city of Buffalo, and the Bills are the pride of Western New York. We've read a ton of these pieces before. Your article far from original, and lacked professionalism. Kudos for joining the stuck up sportswriter population who enjoys kicking the fans of Buffalo while we're down.

Have a beautiful, bright, and sunny day! (none of those things ever happen in Western NY, of course)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my email to Jeff:

Jeff,

Your condescending article about the city of Buffalo is disgusting. You shouldn't put down a city that many people have so much pride in. Have you ever been to Buffalo? It's a city of some of the nicest and hardest working people in this country. I've seen many people send the same message that you tried to, in a much classier way. Show me another city of this size that would support losing teams for so long. It doesn't exist. The city of Buffalo, and the Bills are the pride of Western New York. We've read a ton of these pieces before. Your article far from original, and lacked professionalism. Kudos for joining the stuck up sportswriter population who enjoys kicking the fans of Buffalo while we're down.

Have a beautiful, bright, and sunny day! (none of those things ever happen in Western NY, of course)

Let me guess. His reply was something like this:

Wordbyrd:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write. Hugely appreciated.

The column was written tongue in cheek. I very much like Buffalo. Nice city, great people.

Most people seemed to get the sarcasm. I apologize if I offended. Not my intent.

Best, and thanks for writing in. It is appreciated.

Jeff

jeffpearlman.com

Yep. In terms of the weather, comparing San Diego to WNY is like comparing day to night. Just got back to Northern Va. from visiting relatives in Rochester. Departed Roch. 41deg and rain/drizzle shoot-yourself dreary, arrived BWI airport, 57 and sunny. That is a big difference. Completely different vibe in a one hour plane flight.

If you've ever looked at the sunshine derby they have every day on the buffalo news weather page, it is very strange. It counts the number of sunny days in the year based on some criteria, and it goes something like this:

Phoenix - 320

Buffalo - 220

Syracuse - 210

Orlando - 190

Rochester - 40

I have no idea why, but for some reason Rochester hardly ever has a sunny day!

You're quickly distinguishing yourself as one of the bigger !@#$s on the forum.

Or you're just trolling. Either way, you make me long for the return of the ignore button.

Right click on your profile at upper right and choose 'manage ignored users' and add his username.

How is it disgusting that some donkey wrote the most unoriginal piece ever? "Update: the weather in Buffalo isn't good". Oh no! Maybe his next article will be about Chicago being the biggest city in the midwest.

Getting offended and sending hate mail to nobody hacks like this just gives credence to the idea that Buffalonians have a huge inferiority complex.