Budget passed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Well it's basically picking the lesser of 2 poisons. Property taxes would have jumped again if no sales tax increase. As a home owner, I'm sick of that. Let the renters share the burden.

Local Gov't reform is needed but Albany is the real thief here. They hung Erie County out to dry.

Interesting. Well it's basically picking the lesser of 2 poisons. Property taxes would have jumped again if no sales tax increase. As a home owner, I'm sick of that. Let the renters share the burden.

Local Gov't reform is needed but Albany is the real thief here. They hung Erie County out to dry.

152956[/snapback]

Screw this, they should have let the red budget pass, shut down everything and made Erie County a national story. New York and all of it's "do Business in New York "campaigns may have actually been embarrassed into correcting the medicaid mess which is the reason the tax had to be raised.

Now, were just another high taxed city, its business as usual and nothing changes.

POliticians have no balls and this is why nothing changes. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Screw this, they should have let the red budget pass, shut down everything and made Erie County a national story. New York and all of it's "do Business in New York "campaigns may have actually been embarrassed into correcting the medicaid mess which is the reason the tax had to be raised.

Now, were just another high taxed city, its business as usual and nothing changes.

POliticians have no balls and this is why nothing changes. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

152987[/snapback]

Agreed. Erie County is full of old patronage/graf but Albany basically shut down the County on funding. They think NYS is NYC and nothing else.

Hey Gov. Georgie and Sheldon Silver ! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

to bad you cant take bush's tax plan. increase spending, and decrease taxes.

i had a friend who tried to increase spending, and not work as much. it was great at first. till a year later when the credit card company came after him.

to bad there is no bill collectors for the federal government.

they could take it out of bush's paycheck each month... <_<:blush:

to bad you cant take bush's tax plan. increase spending, and decrease taxes.

i had a friend who tried to increase spending, and not work as much. it was great at first. till a year later when the credit card company came after him.

to bad there is no bill collectors for the federal government.

they could take it out of bush's paycheck each month...  :D  :D

153066[/snapback]

Start a letter-writing campaigh to Teresa Heinz Kerry, George Soros, Michael Moore, and Babs. I'm sure they will peel off some of their own, considerable, green to help out... ;)

Man, I sure miss paying those kinds of taxes in the Buffalo area. :D

;)

153146[/snapback]

:D

Great sig line...

RR once described the actions of the Federal government in 3 sentences:

If it moves, tax it.

If it keeps moving, regulate it.

If it stops moving, subsidize it.

:D

Great sig line...

RR once described the actions of the Federal government in 3 sentences:

If it moves, tax it.

If it keeps moving, regulate it.

If it stops moving, subsidize it.

153165[/snapback]

So true its scary. Some of my favs from RR:

Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose." - Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."

- Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program." - Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting." - Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

- Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

- Ronald Reagan

My sister works in the county budget office. She says Giambra is the most coprrupt politician she has ever seen.

I don't live in Buffalo anymore, and there are probably other reasons for this mess too, but government isn't the problem so much as corruption and incompetence in government.