Claim and trade Randy Moss

gjv001

It has been reported that the Bills ( based on having the worst record to date in the NFL) have the right to claim Randy Moss. Perhaps we could get aa high as a fifth round pick for him.

Yeah..I agree.seems to make sense to me, which means the Bills will not do it and probably will not comment on it. If they do they will say something to the effect that "We are aware of the players availability, but have decided not to go in this direction" Ahaaa! It just came to me!!! I bet because the trade deadline has passed..that if we pickup Moss we may have to pay the balance of his contract for at least this season, and therefore we cannot trade him until after the season is over! I realize that it's possible that Moss has reached that wall and is possibly finishing up his career, but if he still has a few good years left why not give it a try like T.O....

After considering it carefully I still say go forward and pick him up and possibly upgrade the position and see if you can dump him for a draft pick after the season has concluded if he doesn't work out. Besides Ralph's money what is their to lose? It shouldn't be hard to clear a roster spot if necessary! lol... Can you say release Aaron Maybin, or Donte Whitner, or Ellison, or whomever??? It's a no-brainer even though Moss has some similar characteristics as T.O. Who knows we may actually win a game or two??? Wait a minute! Is Ralph committed enough to try and turn this ship around like he claims to spend money on a losing team if it might net us an extra draft pick at season's end?????

Last time I knew the NFL isn't baseball. The NFL has totally different rules buddy. :doh:

On the field they have different rules of course. A Homerun and a field goal are two different things.

When trading of contracts off the field are in question, both are subject to the interstate commerce clauses and not allowing transactions is known as restraint of trade which is in blatant violation of federal statute. I'm not saying the Bills would find a trading partner if they got Moss, but they should at least take a shot.

On the field they have different rules of course. A Homerun and a field goal are two different things.

When trading of contracts off the field are in question, both are subject to the interstate commerce clauses and not allowing transactions is known as restraint of trade which is in blatant violation of federal statute. I'm not saying the Bills would find a trading partner if they got Moss, but they should at least take a shot.

What about picking him up and then loaning him to the Toronto Argonauts after the Bears game and they can pay his salary?