9 offensive snaps in OT from inside the KC 45

bills44

Offensive play calling all 2nd half was quite good, including OT. This coach knows offense... This is a useless point IMO OP... Sorry

really? I can't disagree more.

just out of curiosity, how many pass plays were called with David Martin in the game?

Offensive play calling all 2nd half was quite good, including OT. This coach knows offense... This is a useless point IMO OP... Sorry

Actually the OP is spot on, no reason to pass ball when chiefs have no time outs. Running ball not only eliminates intentional grounding call but takes off time from clock. 4 times to learn from mistakes, sorry not giving Lindell a chance was putrid. I do love Chan but hated the decisions at end of game. But defense at end was typical. Coverages Edwards calls are assinine.

and not a single designed run.

WTF, Chan?

I really wished for a couple more runs when we were down in there. To be honest my butt puckered every time I saw Fitz release the ball when we got into range. I also kinda like the go for the throat attitude with the play calling. We just choked....like 3 or 4 different times.

The play calling in the second half and OT was good, except for when we got within 5 yards of field goal range. If Chan had ran on 1st and 2nd down on the first and/or last series when we were near/just in field goal range we would have had at the bare minimum a tie and likely a win. Chan, Fitz, and Lindell all choked when inside the Chiefs 45.

The play calling in the second half and OT was good, except for when we got within 5 yards of field goal range. If Chan had ran on 1st and 2nd down on the first and/or last series when we were near/just in field goal range we would have had at the bare minimum a tie and likely a win. Chan, Fitz, and Lindell all choked when inside the Chiefs 45.

Agreed - a PeeWee amateur coach would not have made those play calls. One run could have guaranteed a non-loss. Play calling in OT lost this game. If he didn't have to eat his salary, RW should can Gailey outright for that blunderous OT clock management.

**THIS** is absolutely spot on.

When you're within 5yards of FG range and you don't run the ball ONCE it's a f*cking travesty. We have Jackson & Spiller and we go Pass-Pass-Pass with a guy who threw one of the worst late-game INTs I've ever seen. I have no problem with Fitz overall, but you really want the game in his hands when you're that close to Lindell's range? The end was like some sick-joke...I really thought we might tie this game but there's no excuse for not running the ball there at the end... no excuse.

RUN THE DAMN BALL.

Seemed to me that Gailey and Haley spent part of the game trying to "one up" the other (Haley moreso than Gailey, IMO). Maybe this had something to do with Gailey's firing last year.

Whatever the case, I thought that Gailey's play calling in OT was inexplicable.

Yeah, the playcalling was terrific everywhere except between the 40s. Not sure what happened - may have just been a string of bad luck in terms of how the plays were executed. The intentional grounding was a disaster - at least take the sack and let the clock run!

Very typical Bills play. Any time this team gets a chance to win or tie a game late, they freeze up with execution and playcalling right at the edge of FG range, usually giving Lindell a nearly impossible kick to make. It's not fair to trot Lindell out to try to hit game-tying or GW FG's from 50+ yards.

Very typical Bills play. Any time this team gets a chance to win or tie a game late, they freeze up with execution and playcalling right at the edge of FG range, usually giving Lindell a nearly impossible kick to make. It's not fair to trot Lindell out to try to hit game-tying or GW FG's from 50+ yards.

Come on. . .he should be able to hit an 80 yd FG with the wind in his face. Why should our coaches want play to win when playing to almost win is so much easier on the brain.

Come on. . .he should be able to hit an 80 yd FG with the wind in his face. Why should our coaches want play to win when playing to almost win is so much easier on the brain.

He cleared the 53-yarder by about 6 yards, both times he kicked it. This is a non-point.