Like wow. Harrison signs 66 million extension

nodnarb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great news. If James leaves, then Indy will need a running back. The Bills may be able to move Travis and get decent value (I hope for a 1st round pick but realize a 2nd would be probably the best we could expect). TH has a cap friendly contract. He would fit perfectly into the Colts, who will need cap relief.

Um did anyone miss the fact that ALL of peyton Mannings bonus goes against THIS years cap? It was done as a ROSTER bonus....not a signing bonus.  ALL of the cap hit from his 17 or so mill Bonus is on THIS years cap.

Indy will have plenty of cap room to sign Edge AND some defensive players. Bill polian is still the man. TD wishes he was 1/2 the GM Polian is

152624[/snapback]

Are you sure about this, ICE?

From this article, http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7135789 , Manning's singing bonus is 34.5 million and his cap hit this year is only 8.3 million.

This truth is, Manning's singing bonus and guaranteed roster bonuses are divied through 7 years wihch is about 5 million per year.

That is great news.  If James leaves, then Indy will need a running back.  The Bills may be able to move Travis and get decent value (I hope for a 1st round pick but realize a 2nd would be probably the best we could expect).  TH has a cap friendly contract.  He would fit perfectly into the Colts, who will need cap relief.

152653[/snapback]

Travis would fit perfectly? Well, yeah. Except in the required football skills part of it. <_<

Are you sure about this, ICE?

From this article, http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7135789 , Manning's singing bonus is 34.5 million and his cap hit this year is only 8.3 million.

This truth is, Manning's singing bonus and guaranteed roster bonuses are divied through 7 years wihch is about 5 million per year.

152654[/snapback]

I remember them making a huge deal about a 17 mill cap hit somewhere.

152702[/snapback]

Maybe you're thinking about the A.Winfield deal, which only has roster bonus.( 10.8 million ) and no singing bonus.

No Colts player has cap hit more than 10 million this year though

Colts | Harrison Agrees to 7-Year Extension - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:00:50 -0800

ESPNews reports Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison has agreed to a seven-year, $66 million deal that includes a $22 million signing bonus.

152507[/snapback]

That's a move they had to make. It was a good time for it. Manning will have several more years to throw to his favorite target.

It just means that you can put $66 million down for the river that the colts will be the laughingstock of the NFL in about 8 years.  Can you say cap hell?

152517[/snapback]

You don't get the NFL. The only part of an NFL contract that is guaranteed is the signing bonus. If Harrison stinks next year, they cut him and the Colts are out of the deal except for the bonus.

This contract insures Harrison will be a Colt for as long as they want to keep him. Nothing more.

It just means that you can put $66 million down for the river that the colts will be the laughingstock of the NFL in about 8 years.  Can you say cap hell?

152517[/snapback]

Seems to me they have 25 % of their cap tied up in 2 players ( Manning, Harrison) . So Indy will never be able to invest in D to compete deep into the playoffs.

Indy better take a good run at the SB THIS year. Looks bleak.

152702[/snapback]

The 17 million cap hit is the hit they would have taken if Manning had not resigned and rather simply played out the year as the "franchise" player. Everyone made a big deal about it but then right before free agency started he signed that absurd contract.

Indy will have plenty of cap room to sign Edge AND some defensive players. Bill polian is still the man. TD wishes he was 1/2 the GM Polian is

152624[/snapback]

Not entirely sure about that. Has Polian won any superbowls yet ? It doesn't help to make your team good enough to storm into the playoffs and lose. I agree that getting to the playoffs is something we wish we could. But mind you - TD did get the Steelers to the playoffs also.

Polian is good but don't proclaim that he is any less or more than what TD is. I remember you ranting that Butler put us in cap hell and cursed him no end for that. So what makes you a Polian fan ?

Not entirely sure about that. Has Polian won any superbowls yet ? It doesn't help to make your team good enough to storm into the playoffs and lose. I agree that getting to the playoffs is something we wish we could. But mind you - TD did get the Steelers to the playoffs also.

Polian is good but don't proclaim that he is any less or more than what TD is. I remember you ranting that Butler put us in cap hell and cursed him no end for that. So what makes you a Polian fan ?

153180[/snapback]

Polian built the 4x Superbowl Bills...NOT BUTTler. BUTTler took over that team. In addition Polian built a Carolina team that made the NFC Championship in their 2nd year. BTW...Indy has started making the playoffs just about every year since Polian has been there.

And TD's record is what again?

Polian built the 4x Superbowl Bills...NOT BUTTler. BUTTler took over that team.  In addition Polian built a Carolina team that made the NFC Championship in their 2nd year. BTW...Indy has started making the playoffs just about every year since Polian has been there.

153189[/snapback]

TIMMUH!

TIM-MUH!!!!

Polian built the 4x Superbowl Bills...NOT BUTTler. BUTTler took over that team.  In addition Polian built a Carolina team that made the NFC Championship in their 2nd year. BTW...Indy has started making the playoffs just about every year since Polian has been there.

153189[/snapback]

You fell for my hook - he built the superbowl VISITING Bills and that is my point. In the final analysis, Polian has not done anything more or less than TD except visited a few more SB's.

I do share one of your thought - we want to win a SB and nothing less will do. Given that, Polian has not done that so TD is in no way half the GM that Polian is.