Bills defense

Billsguy

The Bills defense is allowing 33 pts per game through six games.

I wanted to see how bad that really is in historical terms. I had to go back to the 1981 Baltimore Colts who allowed 33.3 pts. per game. They finished that year 2-14. Almost 30 years of the worst defenses in NFL history and the Bills are shooting to be the worst. (Yes, I know it's only six games) Although from all the optimistic posts I've seen you wouldn't know it that this is one of the worst teams in memory.

Is there anybody on this current defense worth keeping? Are the Bills are building their defense around "standouts" like Chris Kelsay?

I see maybe only one DL worth keeping and no linebackers. Opinions on the keepers?

The Bills defense is allowing 33 pts per game through six games.

I wanted to see how bad that really is in historical terms. I had to go back to the 1981 Baltimore Colts who allowed 33.3 pts. per game. They finished that year 2-14. Almost 30 years of the worst defenses in NFL history and the Bills are shooting to be the worst. (Yes, I know it's only six games) Although from all the optimistic posts I've seen you wouldn't know it that this is one of the worst teams in memory.

Is there anybody on this current defense worth keeping? Are the Bills are building their defense around "standouts" like Chris Kelsay?

I see maybe only one DL worth keeping and no linebackers. Opinions on the keepers?

I see your point, however the Bills seem to be waffling now between the 3-4 and the 4-3.

Kyle Williams is a keeper, and the other two DE's are really playing out of position in a

3-4, aren't they? How about keep the three starting now assume a return to the 4-3 and

draft actual-non-tweener D-linemen (2) in the top 5 picks? I would like to see them get

a difference making RDE for starters.

:unsure:

You can't just wipe everybody out on a year. Changeover is multi year process. For next year keep: Edwards, K. Williams, Troup, Carrington, Coleman, Moats, Batten, Poz, Byrd, McKelvin, McGee, Florence, Corner, Wilson, and fill in the blanks with FA's and draft picks. The following year lose the weakest left standing.

You can't just wipe everybody out on a year. Changeover is multi year process. For next year keep: Edwards, K. Williams, Troup, Carrington, Coleman, Moats, Batten, Poz, Byrd, McKelvin, McGee, Florence, Corner, Wilson, and fill in the blanks with FA's and draft picks. The following year lose the weakest left standing.

Just draft some studs on D with our picks this year, please!

Need speed at linebacker, and legitimate pass rushers on the outside. Williams and Troup are doing OK inside. Poz, as much as I like him, is too slow. Need a real strong safety, too - Whitner just doesn't cut it.