It's never too early in Buffalo...

...for a mock draft!

Trade down anywhere to pick 3-8.

1st round: Adrian Clayborn – DL – Iowa

2nd round (our pick): Mason Foster – LB – Washington

2nd round (trade down pick): Rodney Hudson – OG – Florida State

3rd round: Austin Pettis – WR – Boise St.

4th round: Wayne Daniels – DL – TCU

4th round (from Lynch trade): Marcus Gilbert – OL – Florida

5th round: Mike Mohamed – LB – Cal

6th round: Weslye Saunders – TE – South Carolina

7th round: Adam Grant – OT – Arizona

yes, there's no QB on this list..that's b/c we go w/ Fitzy as our starting QB next year. This team requires a serious base to build on (for both offense and defense), and w/ the 2011 draft, hopefully we'll begin to do that.

...for a mock draft!

Trade down anywhere to pick 3-8.

1st round: Adrian Clayborn – DL – Iowa

2nd round (our pick): Mason Foster – LB – Washington

2nd round (trade down pick): Rodney Hudson – OG – Florida State

3rd round: Austin Pettis – WR – Boise St.

4th round: Wayne Daniels – DL – TCU

4th round (from Lynch trade): Marcus Gilbert – OL – Florida

5th round: Mike Mohamed – LB – Cal

6th round: Weslye Saunders – TE – South Carolina

7th round: Adam Grant – OT – Arizona

yes, there's no QB on this list..that's b/c we go w/ Fitzy as our starting QB next year. This team requires a serious base to build on (for both offense and defense), and w/ the 2011 draft, hopefully we'll begin to do that.

Can we finally do it right this time? Drafting a DL with our top 3 pick is what Jamoron would do and will not turn our team around anytime fast. On the other hand , drafting our QB will. QB is the most important position in the NFL and young QBs need time to develop , while young defensive players have a better track record of coming in and being impact players right off the bat (see Ngata). So if we draft a QB in 2012 , look forward to 4 more years of a losing team , rather than 2-3 years away from being a contender.

Draft a qb FIRST then address the lines in 2011 ,get your stud DL or OL in 2012, add a few key free agents , and in 2013 , we could quite possible have a team with a chance at the playoffs and beyond.

Edited by stevecana

OK, I'll play -

Round 1 -- Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

Round 2 -- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Round 3 -- Dontay Mach, OLB, Nevada

Round 4a - Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

Round 4b - Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford

I'll stop there - if Buddy Nix gets those 5, he can feel free to play around in rounds 5-7 - or skip them entirely, head to the bar, and celebrate an excellent draft with a nice bourbon & branch water.

(This assumes that the Bills will be drafting high, possibly first, in the order each round - anything could happen between now and season's end to change that, like Brohm replacing Fitz and winning 8 games. B-) )

OK, I'll play -

I'll stop there - if Buddy Nix gets those 5, he can feel free to play around in rounds 5-7 - or skip them entirely, head to the bar, and celebrate an excellent draft with a nice bourbon & branch water.

(This assumes that the Bills will be drafting high, possibly first, in the order each round - anything could happen between now and season's end to change that, like Brohm replacing Fitz and winning 8 games. B-) )

You have 10 screws loose if you think Carimi will be around for a second in round 2. Flipping your first two picks is far more likely. Barring catastrophe, Carimi will be the number 1 OT in the draft (number 2 at worst). When was the last time the number two rated OT didn't get drafted in the first round? Hint, it rhymes with schmever.

You have 10 screws loose if you think Carimi will be around for a second in round 2. Flipping your first two picks is far more likely. Barring catastrophe, Carimi will be the number 1 OT in the draft (number 2 at worst). When was the last time the number two rated OT didn't get drafted in the first round? Hint, it rhymes with schmever.

About 3 months ago I started talking-up Carimi as our 1st-round pick and - waddaya know - a slew of TSW armchair GMs informed me that I had '10 screws loose' to take Carimi in the 1st, as he projects as an RT and should easily be available in the 2nd round.

Aren't opinions just the craziest things???!!! :wacko:

I've long thought that Carimi is the best LEFT tackle available, and that the Bills would be idiots to let him slip to someone else like. So here's my solution: as stated, I don't care about rounds 5-7 - so long as we get the players I mentioned, Buddy can use those 5-7 round picks to trade back into the first for a shot as both Carimi AND Mallett. (I'm willing to eschew the next Danny Batten AND Kyle Calloway to get back into the first round - package our 6th and/or 7th with our very high 2nd for another 1st-round pick.)

I don't care which order they come - I'm not a chest-thumper, I have no need to be exactly right. But if we got those 5, that would be a great draft. (Just my opinion!)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Can we finally do it right this time? Drafting a DL with our top 3 pick is what Jamoron would do and will not turn our team around anytime fast. On the other hand , drafting our QB will. QB is the most important position in the NFL and young QBs need time to develop , while young defensive players have a better track record of coming in and being impact players right off the bat (see Ngata). So if we draft a QB in 2012 , look forward to 4 more years of a losing team , rather than 2-3 years away from being a contender.

Draft a qb FIRST then address the lines in 2011 ,get your stud DL or OL in 2012, add a few key free agents , and in 2013 , we could quite possible have a team with a chance at the playoffs and beyond.

LOL..i'm with you man, but I'm just not personally sold on any of the QB's coming out this year. If our front office is 100% sold on Mallett or Luck, then I'd say go ahead and draft one of them...but I wouldn't want to draft a QB in the top 3 just b/c we need a QB..in other words, I don't want ANY reach in the top 3. I want that pick to be as solid as it can..this team has so many obvious needs that trading down (if possible) would be ideal.

Cameron Heyward i like him better then Adrian Clayborn

youtube.com/watch?v=inKtdfodCak

As you can see he is a lot stronger and better.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYOYcKwpnEo

I'm big on Heyward as well, but I've just seen more of Clayborn so I guess i"m kinda biased

OK, I'll play -

Or go back to sleep.

Edited by Marauder24

About 3 months ago I started talking-up Carimi as our 1st-round pick and - waddaya know - a slew of TSW armchair GMs informed me that I had '10 screws loose' to take Carimi in the 1st, as he projects as an RT and should easily be available in the 2nd round.

Aren't opinions just the craziest things???!!! :wacko:

I've long thought that Carimi is the best LEFT tackle available, and that the Bills would be idiots to let him slip to someone else like. So here's my solution: as stated, I don't care about rounds 5-7 - so long as we get the players I mentioned, Buddy can use those 5-7 round picks to trade back into the first for a shot as both Carimi AND Mallett. (I'm willing to eschew the next Danny Batten AND Kyle Calloway to get back into the first round - package our 6th and/or 7th with our very high 2nd for another 1st-round pick.)

I don't care which order they come - I'm not a chest-thumper, I have no need to be exactly right. But if we got those 5, that would be a great draft. (Just my opinion!)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! B-)

If we can get Carimi and Mallet or Locker, Nix might start looking like genius. I've never got all the people who trash Carimi, but after the season he's putting together right now I think it will be hard to find those doubters come April. It always stinks when you notice an underrated prospect and hope the Bills can snag him only to watch him fly up the draft boards over the course of their final college season, like Ngata, or P. Rivers. Luckily given how the Bills are playing this year, Carimi won't rise higher than where the Bills will be drafting.

If we can get Carimi and Mallet or Locker, Nix might start looking like genius. I've never got all the people who trash Carimi, but after the season he's putting together right now I think it will be hard to find those doubters come April. It always stinks when you notice an underrated prospect and hope the Bills can snag him only to watch him fly up the draft boards over the course of their final college season, like Ngata, or P. Rivers. Luckily given how the Bills are playing this year, Carimi won't rise higher than where the Bills will be drafting.

Gabe looked great against Iowa yesterday - at least in the first half, which is all I saw.

(I can only watch so much college ball, unless someone starts paying me to do it! B-) )

Now let's say the wheels fall completely off this season, and the Bills have the #1 overall pick - do you still use it on Carimi? I guess I'd have to see how high he actually does rise, but he's moving up fast.

Edited by The Senator