Nix got one right

gjv001

Sure. There is always the hope that things will get better. Don't take my comments as some sort of "last word" on this draft. That's not how they are intended. It's more just a reflection of the general sense that this "new" regime came out of the gate pretty damn leisurely if not dropping their pants around their ankles and falling flat on their face.

I still don't understand why people are bemoaning the fact that the Bills aren't going to grind out another 6-10 or 7-9 record this year.

Did you ever think that tanking the season with a roster that would never be playoff caliber in the AFC with the schedule the Bills have this year in the attempts of landing a true franchise QB through the draft next year isn't step 1 of the Nix plan??

Learn how to take the long view, suck it up, and think about April 2011, when you will hear the words: "With the first pick in the NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select......Andrew Luck, QB Stanford."

Really, Cornell Green is the only player Nix has overtly whiffed at.

I would like to see Buddy step into the batters box a little more often.

Sleeping through free agency does not seem like the smartest thing to do. Then again, telling the media and fans that you slept through the opening day of free agency says something now doesn't it?

I still don't understand why people are bemoaning the fact that the Bills aren't going to grind out another 6-10 or 7-9 record this year.

Did you ever think that tanking the season with a roster that would never be playoff caliber in the AFC with the schedule the Bills have this year in the attempts of landing a true franchise QB through the draft next year isn't step 1 of the Nix plan??

Learn how to take the long view, suck it up, and think about April 2011, when you will hear the words: "With the first pick in the NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select......Andrew Luck, QB Stanford."

And then watch the Front Office get cheap and have Luck hold out for the entire training camp and pre-season?

With the long term track record of this frachsine I would prefer to see them trade down and acquire more picks.

Edited by Bob in STL

Well who do you think he wiffed on?

I agree with the big Cat.....other then Cornel Green who was a disaster as a free agent who else hasn't had a legit excuse for not performing?

Already asked and answered.

Let's turn this overly constrained knee-jerk defense around. Why don't you list all the moves Nix has made in the past 10 months that have been home runs?

So the "plan" hinges on the wish that Andrew Luck, a sophomore, declares for the draft. :lol:

You play to win the game. Any GM that comes in to a poor situation and has the plan to intentionally make things worse is a fool and should be fired.

There are usually more than exactly one good football player in a draft class. Teams that are good at drafting somehow know that fact. Besides, you ignore the fact that franchises make moves in the off-season to address problems like not having a QB -- the Bills elected to try and coach up Trent Edwards ... for two games.