Bill Polian, won't you please come home?

rdb

Hindsight is beautiful isn't it? What would have or could have been if we had retained Polian, even with Ralph as owner ?

I honestly think that half of the armchair GM's who frequent this board could have done a better job than the Buffalo personnel team.

Although Modrak may not have been making final decisions on draft choices and free agents, I have had a problem with his commitment to Buffalo if he truly has been a resident of Jacksonville for part of his tenure "in Buffalo".

i know polian has roots in buffalo, i think one of his daughters married a buffalo guy, one of his sons coached at U B for a short time. i truly think he has a love for the area and what he accomplished professionally as well. i think he would return without too much convincing, under the right circumstances, which is the key, obviously.

Hindsight is beautiful isn't it? What would have or could have been if we had retained Polian, even with Ralph as owner ?

I honestly think that half of the armchair GM's who frequent this board could have done a better job than the Buffalo personnel team.

Although Modrak may not have been making final decisions on draft choices and free agents, I have had a problem with his commitment to Buffalo if he truly has been a resident of Jacksonville for part of his tenure "in Buffalo".

Like you I would love to have Polian back. How pathetic is it that we are pining for a manager that was here a decade and a half ago? Nothing else to cling to except a now distant memory. Just sad :(

I'd welcome him back in a heart beat. He'd get the organization back on the right track. That's for sure. Heck even Donahoe looks good. Atleast he did something and went after Big time Free Agents. He tried atleast.

Keep dreaming..... Polian is the president of the Colts and has say over everything in football operations at Indy, the owner Jim Irsay knows what he has in Polian and won't let him leave.

Anyone else notice how Ralph Wilson keeps hiring heads of scouting to be GM Tom Donahoe - Buddy Nix in hopes he finds another Bill Polian

The biggest problem is that even if Bill Polian did want to return to the Bills "just because" there is no way ole Ebeneezer Wilson would pay him what he is making at Indy, for that matter he keeps trying to find cheap versions of Polian and keeps failing miserably

February 4, 1993...the day the music died for our team. The worst day in Buffalo sports history. Followed closely by January 10, 2000, the day the Bills released Bruce, Andre and Thurman. Just vomit inducing. Raph should crawl to Indy and offer Bill 5% of the team and total control to come turn it around.

I'd welcome him back in a heart beat. He'd get the organization back on the right track. That's for sure. Heck even Donahoe looks good. Atleast he did something and went after Big time Free Agents. He tried atleast.

I will give TD credit for that he did try to bring in big name FA- of course he couldn't pick a head coach worth a damn.

With Polian it was a magical time, headed by a QB he didn't draft. Polian did a crappy job of drafting over all the early rounds were brutal but they did hit a few late rounders

February 4, 1993...the day the music died for our team. The worst day in Buffalo sports history. Followed closely by January 10, 2000, the day the Bills released Bruce, Andre and Thurman. Just vomit inducing. Raph should crawl to Indy and offer Bill 5% of the team and total control to come turn it around.

What you don't get, and 99% of the fans out there don't get... RALPH... DOESN'T ....CARE!

His team has made a profit every year the last ten years and will make a profit this year, I suspect the Bills will use the first overall pick next year on a QB, thus ensuring a sold out stadium next season and plenty of cash in ole ralphies wallet :thumbsup:

I will give TD credit for that he did try to bring in big name FA- of course he couldn't pick a head coach worth a damn.

With Polian it was a magical time, headed by a QB he didn't draft. Polian did a crappy job of drafting over all the early rounds were brutal but they did hit a few late rounders

Agreed. Wish TD would have got Fox or Lewis as the HC. Cut Johnson and kept Flutie and have kept Pat Williams and Winfield. Wonder how that would have worked out...

I agree 100% I have been saying all this for so long, and it's refreshing seeing someone else with thes same views..Just the other day I was saying I would forfeit the entire 2011 NFL Draft selections in order to have Bill Polian as our GM once again! That is how important the management position is in the NFL ! Good organizations generally repeatedly are good for decades and bad organizations generally are bad most of the time. Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis are all clearly symbolic of this viewpoint. Generally..Cleveland, Buffalo (post-polian), Detroit are all bottom feeders! Detroits getting better but I doubt they will have sustained superior performance over the long haul.

I do not understand why Tom Modrak is still here, except that he is probably part of the good ole boy network that remains. I believe that he has ties to Doug Whaley which explains why his departure isn't imminent. It's just poposterous that he remains!

My final point, and I'm interested on how you feel about this..The bills generally do not resign the free agents that are looking at getting a big contract in free agency. ie: Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Pat Willliams, Marcellus Wiley, Jabari Greer, etc...many more over the years! Sam Cowhart...etc..If you already have a depleted roster by injury, lack of quality players, depth etc...why would you create more holes. How can a team build solely through the draft, yet create more holes purposely on their roster to save money. How is a team suppose to ever get better if they are creating more holes besides the obvious ones that already exist???

I have nothing to do this year but put on my billz bag! :bag:

I agree 100% I have been saying all this for so long, and it's refreshing seeing someone else with thes same views..Just the other day I was saying I would forfeit the entire 2011 NFL Draft selections in order to have Bill Polian as our GM once again! That is how important the management position is in the NFL ! Good organizations generally repeatedly are good for decades and bad organizations generally are bad most of the time. Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis are all clearly symbolic of this viewpoint. Generally..Cleveland, Buffalo (post-polian), Detroit are all bottom feeders! Detroits getting better but I doubt they will have sustained superior performance over the long haul.

I do not understand why Tom Modrak is still here, except that he is probably part of the good ole boy network that remains. I believe that he has ties to Doug Whaley which explains why his departure isn't imminent. It's just poposterous that he remains!

My final point, and I'm interested on how you feel about this..The bills generally do not resign the free agents that are looking at getting a big contract in free agency. ie: Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Pat Willliams, Marcellus Wiley, Jabari Greer, etc...many more over the years! Sam Cowhart...etc..If you already have a depleted roster by injury, lack of quality players, depth etc...why would you create more holes. How can a team build solely through the draft, yet create more holes purposely on their roster to save money. How is a team suppose to ever get better if they are creating more holes besides the obvious ones that already exist???

I have nothing to do this year but put on my billz bag! :bag:

Some Bills' players were definitely worth what other teams got them for--Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield are prime examples of this (and I ,generally, am not a fan of small db's).

Nate Clements is another story- a good player who I wish was still on the team, but not a huge impact player. I believe that he was close, for a while, in making close to Tom Brady money after San Francisco signed him.

New England's philosophy seems to be : get rid of them before their decline and want megabucks. I don't subscribe to this 100%--I think that you have to look at each player on an individual basis.

IF RW sells the team to Kelly's group of investors don't be surprised to see the front office and coaching staff look something like this...

President: Bill Polian

GM: Chris Polian

Head Coach: Marty Schottenheimer

Offensive Coordinator: Brian Schottenheimer

Defensive Coordiantor: Ted Cottrell

STOP TEASING ME! :cry: