Oopsie Daisies!

cåblelady

....has us playing Pittsburgh on Sunday. :oops:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-injuries

I always wonder how slip up like this happen. John, like any writer, can get distracted, but that no one proof reads it is insane. It's worse than TV stations not checking who call-ins are and than hearing bababooey!

ITT: I forsee people calling John a hack. :doh:

I always wonder how slip up like this happen. John, like any writer, can get distracted, but that no one proof reads it is insane. It's worse than TV stations not checking who call-ins are and than hearing bababooey!

Was that on purpose?

Edited by johnnyb

When I was in college I wrote for the student newspaper. The :censored: :censored: editor changed the wording in my article on "black history month" to "black student union" (A club on campus) month. :wallbash: Needless to say there were some people pretty upset that "I" didn't know it was black history month. Man was I pissed at the editor.

I had been writing movie reviews also for over five months and they fired me from that. I'm guessing so they could tell TBSU President that they had fired me. The "official" reason was that I refused to put in plot points about the movie that might give away too much of the story.

I took an acting class and the teacher asked me If I was the person who was writing the movie reviews. I told him I wasn't doing it anymore and he said he had thought they were great.

Anyhoo, the point of the story is John may have had it right just some copy editor "thought" JW had made a mistake.

not sure if JW made changes to the original posting, the article with his byline is correct, but the OP's link is just listed as an AP article is wrong. So maybe someone at Yahoo got it wrong when they referenced JW's...

But to blame JW is not cool, based on what's online right now...

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

not sure if JW made changes to the original posting, the article with his byline is correct, but the OP's link is just listed as an AP article is wrong. So maybe someone at Yahoo got it wrong when they referenced JW's...

But to blame JW is not cool, based on what's online right now...

Multiple sources are reporting the Bills play Pittsburgh. Looks like the AP missed it, not Yahoo!

Seattle Times article

He'd have to sober up merely to rise to the level of "hack". I'm not surprised his editor missed a mistake...it must be exhausting trying to find them all in Wawrow's "work".