Armageddon?

3rdnlng

I'm not really too worried about this, it would never pass the Senate, even centrist and reasonable democrats wouldn't vote for this bailout.

Yes, but what is it going to do to the individual pensions? What about the "last man standing" accounting rules and how that will affect certain companies like the example of YRC trucking?

2 days in a row with "redstate.com" as a source? Are you the Bizzarro-world conner?

So what if it's from Redstate? If the article is correct, why does the source matter?

Jesus, again?

Did you read the article miniconnor?

So what if it's from Redstate? If the article is correct, why does the source matter?

The "so what" is that a discerning mind will discount the facts (assuming there are some) when the introductory paragraph reads:

Very soon, Democrats and their union bosses’ worst fears may soon be realized and, if they cannot continue their slight of hand, it may threaten their very existence. While it is true that Democrats and their union bosses are facing possibly debilitating losses on November 2nd, they are hiding the really bad news from voters until after November 2nd.

Did you read the article miniconnor?

Once again, I try to stay away from the lunatic fringe. It's fun - you should try it sometime.

2 days in a row with "redstate.com" as a source? Are you the Bizzarro-world conner?

Imagine the articles he decides not to post. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gene Frenkle

The "so what" is that a discerning mind will discount the facts (assuming there are some) when the introductory paragraph reads:

A discerning mind will read it and use that mind to discern the validity of the article.

Once again, I try to stay away from the lunatic fringe. It's fun - you should try it sometime.

Imagine the articles he decides not to post. :rolleyes:

Yes, very Connor like. Criticize the article without reading it.

A discerning mind will read it and use that mind to discern the validity of the article.

So you read the Guardian daily in search of the underlying validity?

Of course you don't. When you/conner/pbills parrot fringe websites, don't expect anyone to take you or the site seriously.

So you read the Guardian daily in search of the underlying validity?

Of course you don't. When you/conner/pbills parrot fringe websites, don't expect anyone to take you or the site seriously.

If you would criticize the article and not the delivery man I might take what you have to say with something more than a grain of salt. I've also linked to articles In The Telegraph, Washington Examiner and ABC News.

What did you find so false in the article?

I seriously think that there would be nation-wide civil unrest if the union bailout bill ever got passed through a lame duck congress and signed by Obama.

Bailing out banks and "too big to fail" companies during an economic crisis is one thing, bailing out government employees who want to retire early to collect full pay and benefits per year off the backs of regular hard working Americans is quite another thing. You think Americans are going to sit there and take a 165 Billion dollar hit of more generational theft by corrupt liberal politicians and the thug unions? The term "over our dead bodies" comes to mind.

Edited by 1billsfan

I seriously think that there would be nation-wide civil unrest if the union bailout bill ever got passed through a lame duck congress and signed by Obama.

Bailing out banks and "too big to fail" companies during an economic crisis is one thing, bailing out government employees who want to retire early to collect full pay and benefits per year off the backs of regular hard working Americans is quite another thing. You think Americans are going to sit there and take a 165 Billion dollar hit of more generational theft by corrupt liberal politicians and the thug unions? The term "over our dead bodies" comes to mind.

I tend to think you are right. Being that my main concern was the basic premise that so many union pensions are underfunded, I should have labeled the topic better. Regardless, if the article is accurate there will be hell to pay amongst the union members.

If you would criticize the article and not the delivery man I might take what you have to say with something more than a grain of salt. I've also linked to articles In The Telegraph, Washington Examiner and ABC News.

What did you find so false in the article?

You think I'm going to read an article that starts like that, from an insane fringe website? You're lucky I read the first paragraph.

I treat conner's sources the same way. I just pointed out that you can't be surprised when people don't take you seriously if you link to websites like that. And I pointed it out because you did it two days in a row.

You think I'm going to read an article that starts like that, from an insane fringe website? You're lucky I read the first paragraph.

I treat conner's sources the same way. I just pointed out that you can't be surprised when people don't take you seriously if you link to websites like that. And I pointed it out because you did it two days in a row.

I'm lucky you read the first paragraph? Think rather highly of yourself, eh? Anyway ignore the hyperbole and do yourself a favor and actually read the article. He quotes the Washington Examiner's Mark Hemingway concerning new financial rules and how bad it could get for the unions and union companies.

I tend to think you are right. Being that my main concern was the basic premise that so many union pensions are underfunded, I should have labeled the topic better. Regardless, if the article is accurate there will be hell to pay amongst the union members.

The tea party tsunami about to hit on nov 2nd should scare off enough moderate democratic senators up for reelection the next couple of years that the bill wouldn't have any sort of realistic shot. Plus, I think that they'd fear for their very safety when going back to their respective states.

The tea party tsunami about to hit on nov 2nd should scare off enough moderate democratic senators up for reelection the next couple of years that the bill wouldn't have any sort of realistic shot. Plus, I think that they'd fear for their very safety when going back to their respective states.

My concern in all of this is if the pensions are as underfunded as the article claims, and with "the last man standing" rules, it could put companies out of business.

My concern in all of this is if the pensions are as underfunded as the article claims, and with "the last man standing" rules, it could put companies out of business.

A lot of times bankruptcy is a good thing. It's what should have happened to GM to get them out of the union stranglehold. It's about time that the ponzi-like, pie in the sky, "hey, isn't it great we're still living in the 50s" unsustainable union pension plans be brought into the reality of the 21st century that the rest of America has been living in.

Unions, please take a seat...this is what is commonly known as a 401K.

A lot of times bankruptcy is a good thing. It's what should have happened to GM to get them out of the union stranglehold. It's about time that the ponzi-like, pie in the sky, "hey, isn't it great we're still living in the 50s" unsustainable union pension plans be brought into the reality of the 21st century that the rest of America has been living in.

Unions, please take a seat...this is what is commonly known as a 401K.

The article states that there are some "1500 multiemployer pension plans in the U.S., which are unique to unions. Under last man standing accounting rules if 5 companies are in a plan and four go bankrupt, the fifth company is responsible for meeting the pension obligations for the employees of the other four companies." What going to happen to the last company? What's going to happen to the pensions of all of the five companies' employees?