Orakpo.

rpcolosi

not that it needs to be stated, but being at that 2008 NFL Draft live and in person, I just get sick to my stomach every single time this guy makes a big play. A huge sack on peyton today giving him 15 in the past 2 years. I can't even explain how huge it would be to have this guy on our squad instead of maybin. My anger and frustration that day just intensifies every single time Orakpo shows up. I still place this blame squarely on RW and Jauron... I don't think it's what modrak wanted and rumors were that he wanted cushing I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)...

anyways I'm working on a huge spread sheet with a scoring system breaking down just how horrible our drafts have been in the 00's.... and it's shockingly horrible.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right: Allen Wilson reported that Modrak wanted Cushing, probably to replace Poz... who is obviously a bust.

not that it needs to be stated, but being at that 2008 NFL Draft live and in person, I just get sick to my stomach every single time this guy makes a big play. A huge sack on peyton today giving him 15 in the past 2 years. I can't even explain how huge it would be to have this guy on our squad instead of maybin. My anger and frustration that day just intensifies every single time Orakpo shows up. I still place this blame squarely on RW and Jauron... I don't think it's what modrak wanted and rumors were that he wanted cushing I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)...

anyways I'm working on a huge spread sheet with a scoring system breaking down just how horrible our drafts have been in the 00's.... and it's shockingly horrible.

It's disappointing b/c there are guys that we missed who are good that we easily could have had and most of us thought we'd take. Oher. Ngata. But Orakpo was so obviously a good player, maybe not obviously the game changing stud he actually is now...but obviously good....and Maybin was obviously a coin flip on a bust...I almost root for the guys I wanted us to get...it's like my personal bills team...it's a lot better than what the brains at OBD put together.

Ngata, Pat Williams, Orakpo, Kelsay...offense has Oher and Vick on it too...a few things that would be done if the team followed my simple fan advice. We'd also still have Winefield if possible and Fletcher. Aaron Hernandez is on the team too. We'd still have a QB problem...but...I don't know...seems like a pretty good team. Those aren't genius picks in our past...those were legit picks I thought we would make and people I wanted to keep. It's hard to drive yourself into the ground the way we did...it takes multiple obvious mistakes over the course of years and there I am thinking "well...what do I know"...well apparently I know how to look at espn and watch a few high lights and pick better than the Bills.

Edited by dayman

Wait Todd Mcshay said Maybin would be a pro-bowler :wallbash:

The Toddler was talking about Franchise mode in Madden--- although even then it took 4 years to increase his ratings high enough.

Let it go or you'll drive yourself nuts. When the Bills were on the clock I was hoping against all hope that they'd take Orakpo but, of course, they took Maybin. It was the same thing when Whitner was taken...I really wanted them to take Ngata. Nope. It is what it is. No sense worrying about something that can't be changed.

The thing that is so frustrating about the Maybin pick, is that he wasn't even suppose to be the starter at Penn State in his "one hit wonder year." I forget whom it was, but their starter got in JoePa's dog house, was susspended for a few games to open the 2008 season, so Maybin comes in, gets a few sacks against Costal Carolina, and then Temple, and - good for him - he has cashed in on the opprtunity by basically doing nothing since then (not even at PSU - check it out, most of his sacks came early in the season against the money-maker teams on the PSU schedule, and there wasn't much production after that).

Which leaves us all to wonder, how could they have swung and missed so badly on this guy.

Well, he's not done yet, let's hope he can at least grow into a productive player.

Edited by CSBill

Ngata, Pat Williams, Orakpo, Kelsay...offense has Oher and Vick on it too...a few things that would be done if the team followed my simple fan advice. We'd also still have Winefield if possible and Fletcher. Aaron Hernandez is on the team too. We'd still have a QB problem...but...I don't know...seems like a pretty good team. Those aren't genius picks in our past...those were legit picks I thought we would make and people I wanted to keep. It's hard to drive yourself into the ground the way we did...it takes multiple obvious mistakes over the course of years and there I am thinking "well...what do I know"...well apparently I know how to look at espn and watch a few high lights and pick better than the Bills.

There wouldn't be a QB problem because the Bills would have never traded up to draft Losman and instead would have drafted Aaron Rodgers the following year.

At least Whitner has a moment here and there and is a starter. Maybin can't even sniff the field, even with this pathetic defense . . .

A moment here or there doesn't seem to help the aggravation in missing out on Haloti Ngata. There was a point late in the game yesterday when Ngata tossed aside the center and just swallowed up Brady--- Brady was so frustrated that he slammed the ball down and hit his hands on the ground like a little kid throwing a tantrum. In my wildest dreams I wish the Bills had a disruptive force in the middle of our D-line (or anywhere) that could cause Brady to nearly lose it.

Can we please have a moratorium on threads about Brian Orakpo/Haloti Ngata/Michael Oher/et al.?

It happened, we missed on the draft picks, we have a new national scout, a new GM and a new assistant GM, we landed a promising NT (Troupe) who should be an anchor of our defense for years to come, a promising DE (Carrington), an OLB (Moats) who will help this defense for years, and a WR (Easley) who showed some amazing flashes before getting hurt, not to mention a franchise RB.

We had a good draft, much better than everyone wants to admit, because we aren't in the playoffs yet. It wasn't an amazing draft, but it was solid, and everyone needs to stop harping on the previous drafts, its a different GM/AGM/National Scout/Coach.

At least Whitner has a moment here and there and is a starter. Maybin can't even sniff the field, even with this pathetic defense . . .

Well he may have a moment every now and again but the gap between Whitner and Ngata is still pretty freaking wide...Not to mention the Positional importance, etc... B-)