2010 DRAFT PLAN

Oops, I meant if WE DO have one of the first 3 picks. Also, I have no idea what Buddy thinks of Mallet. Everyone talks about Mallet having a great arm. Well, Jeff George had a great arm and it didn't matter. When I watched Mallet in the Arkansas-Alabama game, he had that vacant, disconnected look in his eyes after he tossed those last 2 picks. Personally, I think buyer-beware with Mallet. But what do I know, I am just some dude on the Internet.

I'm with you on Mallet. I have some questions about his overall game--making reads and movement in the pocket. While Ponder is not as physically gifted (arm strength) he has a better feel for the game, at least in my opinion. I would consider Ponder in the second round but not in the first round.

If we had an opportunity to get Luck then we would need to seize the opportunity. If he isn't available and a more highly rated impact defensive player is on the board then it would be smart to go in that direction. This team has so many needs that the best approach is to get the best player you can get, excluding DBs with a high round pick.

pick one Cameron Heyward Defensive Tackle...Others have pointed this guy out. Right now the best player in the draft in a position of critical need.

Pick two Christian Ponder, qb of Florida State.

Pick three Marvin Austin DT North Carolina

Pick four Demarcus Love OT Arkansas

Second pick four Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College

Pick five Ian Williams DT Notre Dame

Dull day and was thinking about the draft....

I have a lot of problems with this draft.

- Heyward is fine, I would be ok with him if the QB isnt there and the LT isnt either. But this pick may end up being Adrian Cailborne. He is a better pass rusher than heyward IMo. Maybe not as great against the run, I'm not really sure. But Heyward and CLaiborne are both good.

- Why take Ponder? If you pass on Mallet (I predict he declares and Luck does not. I am certain 1 will), why settle for a guy like Ponder? Ponder is not a solid enough prospect to justify passing on Mallet, I am not a big fan of his at all. He is physically and mentally over matched. If you pass on Mallet, you dont plan on taking a QB is this draft - it would be too stupid to do IMO.

- Marvin Austin will be long gone by this pick

-Demarcus Love is in the conversation when discussing the top LT in the entire draft. Drafting him in the 4th? Please be more realistic here. We would be lucky to take him in with our 2nd at this point. (PS wouldnt that be something, college teamates Mallet/Love 1 and 2)

Whoever the first round pick he needs to be an impact franchise player who will be the face of the fanchise for the next 10 years. If it's Jake Locker, Cameron Heyward, Andrew Luck, or Ryan Mallet the pick has to be ProBowl Level. Does'nt matter the position just the impact. The Type of player that if you bye his Jersey it won't be on sale after a year or two.

If Luck isn't there and we don't have one of the first 3 picks, I suspect we go with Marcell Dareus as a 3-4 DE or Robert Quinn as an OLB. Both of those guys are beasts. We haven't had an athlete like either one of those guys since Bruce was here IMHO.

Exactly...Dareus is an attacking 3-4 end and Quinn is considered a true rush linebacker with size and speed. If I'm picking for the Bills and Luck isn't available or doesn't want to come to Buffalo, I'm trading down and/or taking these guys.

Cameron Heyward is supposed to be THE best 3-4 DE in the Draft by a mile.

Drafting a 3 - 4 DE in the top five is a horrible mistake. And he won't fall out of the top ten, which means he'll most likely go to a team running a 4 - 3 system.

3 - 4 DEs aren't impact players. They're run stuffers who on pass plays keep contain to stop the QB from getting around the end, and push the pocket. They don't get a lot of sacks, outside of Bruce Smith (and before somebody argues this, name two more 3 - 4 DEs who are famous as sack artists, try it, I dare you).

The last 3 - 4 DE chosen early was Tyson Jackson. He's a good player, but will never live up to where he was picked. You draft your 3 - 4 DE in the second or later, assuming you have a pick as high as we all hope ours will be.

The only way you pick Heyward for a 3 - 4 system is if you think he's an ILB. And at 288, he's more than strong enough but probably not fast enough.

Actually, some people say Marcell Dareus from Alabama is the best 3-4 DE prospect:

Same goes for this guy.

A heck of a player, though. Both of them, really. Not top three guys, though, not at 3 - 4 DE.

Edited by Thurman#1

Drafting a 3 - 4 DE in the top five is a horrible mistake. And he won't fall out of the top ten, which means he'll most likely go to a team running a 4 - 3 system.

3 - 4 DEs aren't impact players. They're run stuffers who on pass plays keep contain to stop the QB from getting around the end, and push the pocket. They don't get a lot of sacks, outside of Bruce Smith (and before somebody argues this, name two more 3 - 4 DEs who are famous as sack artists, try it, I dare you).

The last 3 - 4 DE chosen early was Tyson Jackson. He's a good player, but will never live up to where he was picked. You draft your 3 - 4 DE in the second or later, assuming you have a pick as high as we all hope ours will be.

The only way you pick Heyward for a 3 - 4 system is if you think he's an ILB. And at 288, he's more than strong enough but probably not fast enough.

Same goes for this guy.

A heck of a player, though. Both of them, really. Not top three guys, though, not at 3 - 4 DE.

Heyward can play DE in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3. He is the BEST player coming out next year IF Luck does not come out. He is what the Bills need most, besides a QB, A dominating Defensive player.

pick one Cameron Heyward Defensive Tackle...Others have pointed this guy out. Right now the best player in the draft in a position of critical need.

Pick two Christian Ponder, qb of Florida State.

Pick three Marvin Austin DT North Carolina

Pick four Demarcus Love OT Arkansas

Second pick four Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College

Pick five Ian Williams DT Notre Dame

Dull day and was thinking about the draft....

That would be in April 2011.

After round 2 Are these college D-line players that will transition to NFL LBs ?

Because we can make the players we have now function as a D-Line. Especially if we plan to use a base 3-4. Our LBs our horrible.

2011 draft should be a QB round 1. Then focus on LB.