Are we really going to let Poz become a free agent?

Got_Wood

This "Poz only makes tackles 10 yards downfield" bull **** is ridiculous. Number one, he plays behind the line so that's where most of his tackles are normally going to happen. Number two, our d-line is among the worst in the league and Poz is the only one on our team that cleans up their mess. He is always around the ball and is in the worst possible situation he could be in here in Buffalo.

Finally someone that knows something about how a defense works. Having a good D-line is essential to having good LB play, and we don't have that. If we let Poz go, those RB's are going to be 30 yards downfield before anyone puts a hand on them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most Bills fans, I had really high hopes for Poz. I loved the pick and thought it was a steal.

However, after having a chance to re-watch several of the games, I'm truly convinced that Poz is the worst player on the entire defense. I'm really not exaggerating. I encourage you all to look at some of the replays this year. He is always two steps behind and he's never in position to make a play. It's not just "ten yards down field" as some of you allege, but usually 12, 15, 18 yards down field. In fact, it's common for a tight end or a full back to drive him 10 yards off the ball with ease. It's clear to me that he doesn't have the instincts or the reaction speed time to play in the NFL. He's a bad football player, and I'm not convinced he's capable of becoming a quality linebacker in the league, period. Can anyone point to ONE play this year where you thought -- "wow, I'm glad he's on our defense?" I don't even care about the injuries -- he's simply not good at football.

Neither Poz nor Kelsay should be on the team. Cut them both, and throw in Coleman, Maybin, Moats, etc. What has Gailey got to lose, except the first pick in the draft...

It doesn't matter who leaves on this team. It only matters who the bills bring in to replace them. If Poz leaves and the Bills bring in someone better, see ya! With so little actual NFL caliber talent on the team one player, future all pro or not, isn't going to matter. The Bills need 15 or 20 new players to be competitive.

If there's anybody on this team I think we need to lock up and keep around, it's this guy. I'd take away Kelsay's contract and give it to him in a second. The bottom line is, we don't need another hole to fill in the offseason. Poz and Davis are the only starter-worthy linebackers we have on the team. I hope they're working on something right now.

It would not hurt my feelings any to see him leave. He is way over rated in my book tell me the last time he has made a difference in a game because I can't remember. :beer:

This "Poz only makes tackles 10 yards downfield" bull **** is ridiculous. Number one, he plays behind the line so that's where most of his tackles are normally going to happen. Number two, our d-line is among the worst in the league and Poz is the only one on our team that cleans up their mess. He is always around the ball and is in the worst possible situation he could be in here in Buffalo.

Poz is the best white LB after Kelsay on the team

He went to Penn State and is white- so he must be really really good,

not to mention that our scouts had him rated better than Willis.

almost as good as Hardy was tall

we are doomed if he leaves

Edited by spartacus

Poz is our best LB. When we pay a guy like Kelsay how could you not resign Poz? With the crap we have retaining guys like Him and Whitner (guys who are finishing up their rookie contracts, and have been above average to solid players) we need to retain them. In 3 years Poz should not be our best LB. He should be our 2 down Lb. But right now he is by far the best we have. Plase sign him to a resonable and modest contract.

The ironic thing is that is exactly what everyone used to say about London Fletcher, leading to Poz being drafted in the first place. Now, it appears likely they will jettison another fairly good player while getting nothing in return, creating another hole on a roster that is now almost entirely full of them. Meanwhile, they go out of their way to carry dead weight like Kelsey for another 4 years.

This franchise is an embarrassment and not worthy of anyone' s support. At this point, most of us are just supporting the memory of what Bills football could be like, as opposed to the team itself.

Finally somebody else gets it. +1

Tell me that was not beautiful.

Edited by b stein 22

The ironic thing is that is exactly what everyone used to say about London Fletcher, leading to Poz being drafted in the first place. Now, it appears likely they will jettison another fairly good player while getting nothing in return, creating another hole on a roster that is now almost entirely full of them. Meanwhile, they go out of their way to carry dead weight like Kelsey for another 4 years.

This franchise is an embarrassment and not worthy of anyone' s support. At this point, most of us are just supporting the memory of what Bills football could be like, as opposed to the team itself.

This is exactly right. You either sign him to an extension now, or trade him so you get something in return in a trade to avoid the risk of leaving another hole in a swiss cheese team. This is all part of having a PLAN.

Poz is our best LB.

I really don't think that should be a benchmark for evaluation.

Please sign him to a resonable and modest contract.

This is the part that scares me. Modest contract? Ok as a stopgap until we get better. But the Bills are really good at signing average guys for waaaay more than they are worth.

The Bills can get rid of every LB on the team. They don't have one good one among the whole team . Poz is not worth keeping around!!!! LB is the weakest part of the defense and it shows week in and week out. Poz can't cover anyone, he can't shed blocks, and if he does make a tackle it is 10 to 15 yards down the field.

Plus he is always injured. Get rid of him.

If there's anybody on this team I think we need to lock up and keep around, it's this guy. I'd take away Kelsay's contract and give it to him in a second. The bottom line is, we don't need another hole to fill in the offseason. Poz and Davis are the only starter-worthy linebackers we have on the team. I hope they're working on something right now.

Watching Poz makes me yearn for the days when we had Fletcher and Spikes. If he doesn't resign for a very favorable deal for the Bills then good riddance. Overhyped and overrated. I think so many fell in love with Poz because hes a polish white dude playing MLB , bottom line.

Not the Bills MO. They'll overpay Kelsay, low-ball Puz and let him leave and become a Pro Bowler with a team like Pittsburgh or Balt. IF they don't resign him I'll be really angry. BTW, didn't know he was a FA at the end of the year.

Don't worry, Poz sucks. There is no doubt in my mind that Kelsay will need some one to suck with.

They will lock him up I'm sure.

I wouldn't get attached to any LB on this team.

Some where along the line you have to make a decision...do we want to stop the run or do we keep Poz.

Watching Poz makes me yearn for the days when we had Fletcher and Spikes. If he doesn't resign for a very favorable deal for the Bills then good riddance. Overhyped and overrated. I think so many fell in love with Poz because hes a polish white dude playing MLB , bottom line.

The last name goes a long way with some Bills fans.

The fact of the matter is, he couldn't hold Conlan's jock strap.

Edited by VADC Bills

Come on. At some point, we have to stop defending one position for compensating for another position with this talent-less football team. Do you really think Clay Matthews would not have an impact at outside linebacker if the Bills would have drafted him this past spring??? Or do you really think that Brian Cushing would get blown off the line or over-persue as much as Poz does if the Bills would have drafted him? Poz is over-rated. Sure he runs his butt off out there, but he does not have the strength to hold up inside, and he is not an impact linebacker. For all you or I know, Kyle Williams suffers for having Poz play behind him! Nobody is without fault when they play for a defense giving up over 200 yards rushing a game. :doh::bag:

Or....put Kyle Williams in front of the linebackers they have in Pittsburgh or Baltimore, and he's a pro-bowler.

From Rumblings

Because of the way George Edwards is scheming Williams at nose tackle, Posluszny is still having to deal with guards getting to him at the second level, which is pretty much the opposite of what most expected would happen coming into the season. Poz is struggling to get off blocks and getting caught in the wash very frequently, and the run defense results have obviously been poor.

rumblings

Poz is a mediocre MLB at best - the equivalent of Kelsey at his position...why make the same mistake twice....