Buffalo Bills Double Jeopardy....I'll Take Irrelevant Lame Coaches

Question: Which of our talented NFL Coaches racked up several years in the CFL before coming to Buffalo in 2010 to train and supervise our quarterbacks?

Answer: George Cortez

Question: Of the countless experienced offensive line coaches to choose from, who did the Bills choose to coach the offensive line in front of their premier running backs and who has a solid three years of NFL experience?

Answer: Joe D'Alessandris

Question: Which bright young coach was tapped as running backs coach and offensive coordinator in 2010 with two years of experience after having coached power house teams in Arizona and KC?

Answer: Curtis Modkins

I can't help looking at the Game Day program and seeing CV's of these coaches....the Brain Trust we are relying on for the next few years is reminiscent of watching a group of sixth graders try to perform "Death of a Salesman"....all the right lines are there and they pretend to know what they're doing, but the end-product is a mess.

I like Dehaven, and I'm sure Gailey has strong points, but you need a supporting cast with some semblance of experience and credibility for these young guys to revere. As it stands, Pozluzny has as much experience as DeMontie Cross (the inside linebacker coach).

Go ahead and wack me around for this post...I can take it.

Of the countless experienced offensive line coaches to choose from...

I'm not debating the merits of the majority of your post, as I don't necessarily disagree, but on this one point concerning the "countless experienced offensive line coaches to choose from"--- name them.

I'm not debating the merits of the majority of your post, as I don't necessarily disagree, but on this one point concerning the "countless experienced offensive line coaches to choose from"--- name them.

Hmmm, not sure what Kent Hull is doing these days. How about the offensive line coaches for Jets, Rams, Tenn., Saints, Houston, Bears...?? I don't have the histories and CV's for all the teams, but my main point is to look for coaches who have more than two - five years experience in vital coaching roles.

Speaking of trades, maybe trade our Joe D(allessandris) and Lynch for the one and only Joe D(ellamalure) :worthy:

Hmmm, not sure what Kent Hull is doing these days. How about the offensive line coaches for Jets, Rams, Tenn., Saints, Houston, Bears...?? I don't have the histories and CV's for all the teams, but my main point is to look for coaches who have more than two - five years experience in vital coaching roles.

Speaking of trades, maybe trade our Joe D(allessandris) and Lynch for the one and only Joe D(ellamalure) :worthy:

I have heard Joe DeLamielleure state on more than one occasion that he would love to be the Bills OL coach but that no one from the Bills has ever approaced him...sad.

I have heard Joe DeLamielleure state on more than one occasion that he would love to be the Bills OL coach but that no one from the Bills has ever approaced him...sad.

Seriously?? Well, the fact that Bills FO hasn't contacted Joe D doesn't surprise me...it's too logical.

Seriously?? Well, the fact that Bills FO hasn't contacted Joe D doesn't surprise me...it's too logical.

He coached at North Carolina or NC State, right? He definitely sounds intelligent when discussing the intricacies of the game. I love listening to Joe D. As far as the Bills not hiring him, I think the head coach is more often than not responsible for the assistant hires. Even if the organization was open to it, the coach would need to agree.

He coached at North Carolina or NC State, right? He definitely sounds intelligent when discussing the intricacies of the game. I love listening to Joe D. As far as the Bills not hiring him, I think the head coach is more often than not responsible for the assistant hires. Even if the organization was open to it, the coach would need to agree.

Hey Punch - is that picture next to your name Roland Hooks?? I can't remember who that was.

I guess a suggestion from the GM to the head coach (in light of Joe D's history here) would be something to consider.....I'm sure he could achieve the same level of success as the current OL coach.

Is it possible Chan brought just a bunch of the same guys he worked with in Georgia Tech...oh wait (just checked Game Day program) Modkins is from GT at same time as Chan...oh wait, so is Joe D'ALESSANDRIS....GUESS WHAT...so is Giff Smith the Defensive Line Coach. Holy S**T...he brought the Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Line Coach, and Offensive Line Coach from Georgia Tech with him....LOL, LOL. Here we are demanding new defensive linemen and offensive lineman when all we need are some experienced NFL asst. coaches. These guys are all college cronies of his. Maybe you guys knew all this already, but I didn't....eeeek!

Hey Punch - is that picture next to your name Roland Hooks?? I can't remember who that was.

I guess a suggestion from the GM to the head coach (in light of Joe D's history here) would be something to consider.....I'm sure he could achieve the same level of success as the current OL coach.

Is it possible Chan brought just a bunch of the same guys he worked with in Georgia Tech...oh wait (just checked Game Day program) Modkins is from GT at same time as Chan...oh wait, so is Joe D'ALESSANDRIS....GUESS WHAT...so is Giff Smith the Defensive Line Coach. Holy S**T...he brought the Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Line Coach, and Offensive Line Coach from Georgia Tech with him....LOL, LOL. Here we are demanding new defensive linemen and offensive lineman when all we need are some experienced NFL asst. coaches. These guys are all college cronies of his. Maybe you guys knew all this already, but I didn't....eeeek!

It's Charles Romes in the pic, a pretty good DB for the Bills in the late '70s-mid '80s. It was one of my favorite Bills football cards as a kid in the golden '80s.

Gailey's assistant hires are pretty par for the course seeing that they are longtime colleagues of his--- that's usually how it goes, but it's always disheartening when they are not of a very high caliber as now appears the case. If you remember, though, it was thought that he didn't exactly have the pick of the litter when he was hired. I think he tried to get Mike Nolan as D coordinator but I may be misremembering.

Gregg Williams was a strange case where the GM (Donahoe, of course) was responsible for bringing in a number of the assistants, which is how we wound up with Dick Lebeau as our, like, 3rd in command on defense. It wouldn't be crazy if other coaches were eventually brought it, maybe next year. Turnover happens.

Question: Which NFL Defensive Line coach has the weirdest name?

Answer: Who is Buffalo Bills coach Giff Smith.

Seriously, I get the impression the staff Gailey hired to include coordinators and position coaches were a bunch of guys who wouldn't be in the NFL. Exceptions could be DeHaven and Catavolos. Here's another:

Aside from Bob Sanders and Catavolos, who is the other holdover from the DJ's staff

That would be DeMontie Cross, who had to rely on Andra Davis in camp and presumably during this season to know where 3-4 ILB's go in the new defense.

:lol::bag:

Seriously, I get the impression the staff Gailey hired to include coordinators and position coaches were a bunch of guys who wouldn't be in the NFL. Exceptions could be DeHaven and Catavolos. Here's another:

Aside from Bob Sanders and Catavolos, who is the other holdover from the DJ's staff

That would be DeMontie Cross, who had to rely on Andra Davis in camp and presumably during this season to know where 3-4 ILB's go in the new defense.

Are you shi**ing me??? Where the hell is my favorite swizzle stick defensive coordinator from the 90's when we really need him??? Walt Corey.....send us a message.

I heard they line up four in a row... side by side, that's what I heard. :unsure:

Why don't we just get Shane, Biscuit, Talley and Bentley back. :worthy:

I heard they line up four in a row... side by side, that's what I heard. :unsure:

Why don't we just get Shane, Biscuit, Talley and Bentley back. :worthy:

Amen to that partner. Hey, we can dream can't we? (I'd even throw Bryce Paup or Spielmann in there for good measure)

Even some of the backups were decent, Marvcus Patton.

Exactly - we'll be back to that caliber of players soon....just as soon as the coaches kick the players in the ass and follow the advice of Talley as he said in his Twitter post a few days ago (Posted on the TSW...I'm following him on Twitter after reading that tweet. He was a hardnosed player and I think he honestly wants these players to succeed...)

This is a pretty ragged looking bunch of assistant coaches, there is no doubt about that.

It's sad when you look around the league, and see lots of coaches that were formerly with the Bills doing well in their new homes.

I suppose the same thing happens with players, too, though. If they are any good, they eventually just move on to greener pastures.