Yet another unexplainable move

vegas55

So game film is extensively? evaluated and the decision is made in the offseason to waive Incognito and keep Jamon Meredith. So Icognito is a starter on a very good Dolphin O Line, and Meredith, being entirely useless through trainig camp and into the season, is finally, finally cut.

Who is making these talent evaluations? (its a rhetoric question)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing when I got the text! I asked myself what does this mean to the team? We cut a guy who was not starting and rather nonexistant yet keep other guys on the line that are struggling. Would he have been better than Green? Highly unlikely, but what does this show? We'll keep Green, cut Meredith and Incognito.

Incognito was the best offensive lineman we had on our roster last year.

Read somewhere that Incognito didn't want to play up in Buffalo, and asked to be released.

he did, but don't let facts get in the way of Bills fan ramblings. Also too, if you offered him a ton of money he would have stayed :rolleyes:

So who do you put on the bench to get Incognito into games, Wood or Levitre?

The Bills didn't need any guards, and Richie may have still taken less money to get off a team he never wanted to play for to take a starting job instead of a backup job. What has Incognito done for the Dolphins o-line that would have made him such a huge improvement to the Bills o-line?

I'll confess that I figured Nix/Gailey knew what they were doing -- that they had a plan to improve the OL. In hindsight, really got to wonder what their thought process was here. I can understand Gailey maybe not wanting to deal with Incognito's penchant for insubordinate behavior, but geez, until you've got an adequate replacement, you deal with that and keep him around.

he did, but don't let facts get in the way of Bills fan ramblings. Also too, if you offered him a ton of money he would have stayed :rolleyes:

So who do you put on the bench to get Incognito into games, Wood or Levitre?

The Bills didn't need any guards, and Richie may have still taken less money to get off a team he never wanted to play for to take a starting job instead of a backup job. What has Incognito done for the Dolphins o-line that would have made him such a huge improvement to the Bills o-line?

You don't have to bench one when you move one to Center...

I'm glad someone brought this up. I thought of it as well - Incognito was released after playing well for a team with a terrible O-line when our starting G wasn't even ready to play - but still, he was pretty good, and we didn't even replace him, let alone upgrade. And what about Cameron Wake!!! This really blows my mind. The Bills switch to a 3-4, have no capable OLB's, and this guy is sitting there ready to be had - could have been brought in - AT A POSTION OF DIRE NEED - and we don't go after him! What? Whoever is making the personnel decisions in Buffalo doesn't have what it takes to be successful - the examples go on and on, and are still happening. We should not have missed on Wake - there are a lot of people on this site who mentioned him regularly for awhile before he was picked up. It's not like he wasn't known - our people didn't consider him to be an upgrade - AND THAT A BIG PROBLEM FOR US - WE CAN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE TALENT WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE - SOMETIMES ON OUR TEAM!!!

Read somewhere that Incognito didn't want to play up in Buffalo, and asked to be released.

There seems to be a pattern formed here. Incognito, Pisa Tinoisomoa (assumed), Mitchell, Evans (he's just quit playing), Cowher and many others didn't want to coach here. As long as Ralph Wilson owns this team, Buffalo is football purgatory, just like Pittsburgh is baseball purgatory.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I thought of it as well - Incognito was released after playing well for a team with a terrible O-line when our starting G wasn't even ready to play - but still, he was pretty good, and we didn't even replace him, let alone upgrade. And what about Cameron Wake!!! This really blows my mind. The Bills switch to a 3-4, have no capable OLB's, and this guy is sitting there ready to be had - could have been brought in - AT A POSTION OF DIRE NEED - and we don't go after him! What? Whoever is making the personnel decisions in Buffalo doesn't have what it takes to be successful - the examples go on and on, and are still happening. We should not have missed on Wake - there are a lot of people on this site who mentioned him regularly for awhile before he was picked up. It's not like he wasn't known - our people didn't consider him to be an upgrade - AND THAT A BIG PROBLEM FOR US - WE CAN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE TALENT WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE - SOMETIMES ON OUR TEAM!!!

The Bills switched to the 3-4 this offseason, Wasn't Wake signed by Miami before the 2009 season? 31 other teams whiffed on signing Cameron Wake too

Are you saying Incognito is better then Wood? They replaced Incognito with Wood. People are treating Incognito like he came in here and did something huge. He filled a void on the Bills o-line after being cut by the Rams, he isn't a Pro Bowler and not better then the Bills current starting guards

And we know that Wood is such an upgrade over Hangartner at Centre?

Is Incognito/Wood/Levitre a huge improvement over Wood/Hangartner/Levitre? Is keeping a disgrunted Incognito a better option?

It was an option, money would have changed his mind. We do not know if they'd have been better, that's correct. However, to have had the flexibility would have been nice. Incognito would have been as much or cheaper then Cornell Green.

There seems to be a pattern formed here. Incognito, Pisa Tinoisomoa (assumed), Mitchell, Evans (he's just quit playing), Cowher and many others didn't want to coach here. As long as Ralph Wilson owns this team, Buffalo is football purgatory, just like Pittsburgh is baseball purgatory.

How does everyone know that the problem is Ralph? How many players/coaches have said that?

Cowher didn't want to coach the Bills so much that he recommended the guy that the Bills hired and turned down other teams interested in bringing him back

It was an option, money would have changed his mind. We do not know if they'd have been better, that's correct. However, to have had the flexibility would have been nice. Incognito would have been as much or cheaper then Cornell Green.

You know this for a fact? Sometimes even money won't get a player to want to play somewhere. The Bills are happy with Hangartner at C and Wood at Guard, so Incognio would have been a backup. You know for a fact that Incognito would have been happy to take more money to play a backup role instead of taking a little less but given a chance to start?

Sorry, but I would rather have guys that want to play as a starter over guys just willing to collect a big paycheck sitting on the bench

So game film is extensively? evaluated and the decision is made in the offseason to waive Incognito and keep Jamon Meredith. So Icognito is a starter on a very good Dolphin O Line, and Meredith, being entirely useless through trainig camp and into the season, is finally, finally cut.

Incognito (G, right?) was brought in because Wood was hurt, Wood's playing. If you were a bad-rep journeyman player like Incognito, would you rather be a starter in Miami or a second stringer in Buffalo?

You write as if these two things are part of the same deal. Meredith (T, right?) hasn't even been dressing -- what's the loss??

Besides, I never liked Meredith as a Cowboy! He was a good goofy sidekick for Howard C, though!!

Edited by Sabre Bill

Well, Meredith is an OT and Incognito a OG. So you're off there. Incognito knew that Bflo drafted 2 guards high, wisely wanted out and now he plays next to the best OT in the game. Incognito rid himself of the Bills, not the other way around.

There's plenty of stuff to complain about, but this is just whiney crap to me.