An Observation from the game

I had the pleasure of attending yesterday's game. It was the first time I'd been back to Rich Stadium since 1993. Two things really stood out.

1. In the 1st quarter there was few empty seats in the cold and rain. I was at the Carolina / Cincy game the weekend before during a rain storm and the stadium was maybe 1/2 full. The dedication really impressed me.

2. The pathetic performance on the field made few fans angry. Are we so numb to horrible football its accepted? The Ralph was like a funeral home, fans with heads down quietly filing out.

This team is worse than the 1984-85 Bills. No heart and no motivation.

1. The fans support this team FAR better than any other team would ever dream of while performing at a comparable level.

2. Yes, we all expect it. We are fans of the literal worst team in the league. The worst organization in the league. It has been this way for a decade. Reality has sunk in for all but the most delusional.

People going to the game are trying to have a fun time.

It's more fun to try to laugh it off than get all angry about it.

But nonetheless, the truth is most fans have accepted that the Bills are a bad franchise and kind of embrace the Lovable Loser identity.

I had the pleasure of attending yesterday's game. It was the first time I'd been back to Rich Stadium since 1993. Two things really stood out.

1. In the 1st quarter there was few empty seats in the cold and rain. I was at the Carolina / Cincy game the weekend before during a rain storm and the stadium was maybe 1/2 full. The dedication really impressed me.

2. The pathetic performance on the field made few fans angry. Are we so numb to horrible football its accepted? The Ralph was like a funeral home, fans with heads down quietly filing out.

Apparently because in the Miami game we were asked to leave because we were "too negative". We weren't drunk, or belligerent; we were too negative. I guess everyone seriously believes that a miracle will occur and talent will be infused on the field or something. I want Ralph to refund my money.

My first game in three years, (and last for at least that long)...anyway, I agree - while I will always be amazed at the attendance, the passion is totally gone. most of the yelling going on was from drunken collage aged girls who would not know a football from a footstool...see, while the game was going on, they were more engaged in yelling at the Jet fans and calling the Jet players "gay"....

Anyway, Bills nation appears to accept the fact that the team is bad and uses the game day as an experience to get hammered and yell. I really believe however, the lack of corporate buying power will see this team gone by 2014....

Anyway, Bills nation appears to accept the fact that the team is bad and uses the game day as an experience to get hammered and yell. I really believe however, the lack of corporate buying power will see this team gone by 2014....

I think they'll move, but where? San Antonio?

And yet, the game was sold out, no ? Any reason for the FO and owner to do better ? I think we may have hit rock bottom yesterday (I hope).

Los Angeles. My understanding from some folks within the Corporate world of the NFl is that the league has already "silently" given their blessing to whomever takes this team post Ralph, to move the team. They were hoping the Toronto experiment would be more of a success, but as they see it, the futility of the Bills coupled with a Toronto media biased against the Bills/NFL has clearly indicated the investment should be in more viable markets in the US and not abroad yet. Anyway - LA is the runaway favorite for a number of reasons....

And yet, the game was sold out, no ? Any reason for the FO and owner to do better ? I think we may have hit rock bottom yesterday (I hope).

Money - corporate sales, jerseys, t-shirts, etc.. Ticket sales really are not the boon they were years ago...it's the things having an NFL franchise brings you that generate the wealth...I really believe Ralph views Buffalo as a lost cause today....he cannot compete with the big city owners who draw more revenue from sponsorships and boxes in a 60K seat stadium that Ralph makes over 2 seaosn in Buffalo. Selling out is an over rated and inaccurate barometer these days...

Los Angeles. My understanding from some folks within the Corporate world of the NFl is that the league has already "silently" given their blessing to whomever takes this team post Ralph, to move the team. They were hoping the Toronto experiment would be more of a success, but as they see it, the futility of the Bills coupled with a Toronto media biased against the Bills/NFL has clearly indicated the investment should be in more viable markets in the US and not abroad yet. Anyway - LA is the runaway favorite for a number of reasons....

Maybe the team could be called the "Buffalo Bills of Los Angeles", you know, like the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim",

More like Brownsville, on the heels of Trico.

My first game in three years, (and last for at least that long)...anyway, I agree - while I will always be amazed at the attendance, the passion is totally gone. most of the yelling going on was from drunken collage aged girls who would not know a football from a footstool...see, while the game was going on, they were more engaged in yelling at the Jet fans and calling the Jet players "gay"....

My brothers went to the game yesterday and both said that they were more embarrassed with Bills fans the Bills. It's all a bunch of drunk 21 year-olds who never dreamed of going to college, live with their parents, have chin-strap beards, crank R&B from their SUV's, funnel beers, vomit, chant stuff at opposing fans with the f-word non-stop, couldn't name one player from the 90's outside of Kelly, Bruce and Thurman and most importantly, could never afford an NFL ticket in any city outside of Buffalo. The Bills do not have the best fans in the league, they have some of the worst. Their expatriate traveling fans are some of the best and they do consume the most alcohol per capita, but going to Green Bay 2 weeks ago put a lot of things in perspective for me. Talk about a class act. Chiefs fans too.

Money - corporate sales, jerseys, t-shirts, etc.. Ticket sales really are not the boon they were years ago...it's the things having an NFL franchise brings you that generate the wealth...I really believe Ralph views Buffalo as a lost cause today....he cannot compete with the big city owners who draw more revenue from sponsorships and boxes in a 60K seat stadium that Ralph makes over 2 seaosn in Buffalo. Selling out is an over rated and inaccurate barometer these days...

Are you just making this up? Who do you know in the Corporate world of the NFL?

Los Angeles. My understanding from some folks within the Corporate world of the NFl is that the league has already "silently" given their blessing to whomever takes this team post Ralph, to move the team.

Completely made up.

Fabricated.

Just ignore it, you're being trolled.

Completely made up.

Fabricated.

Just ignore it, you're being trolled.

I used to hold out hope you are right, but really, if you think everything going on within this organization is a perfect storm of futility and just the result of error...well, let's just see what time delivers. Again, I am a fan back to my first game in 1980, but I have no reason to not believe what I hear and what I see manifested in reality.