We win the opening toss

reginald

Nice choice Gailey. You got Spiller & a sell-out crowd all reved up...AND you elect to kick. What does he think, were the steel curtain! Joke.

Gailey sounded like bumbling anxious fool at his post game presser.

Becoming less impressed everyday.

Reminds me of the same decision made several years back when we were playing Pittsburgh's back ups. Late in the season, and we might have made the playoffs w a win.

Instead, bone head decision to kick instead of receive. They proceed to score. Now that's how you get the crowd into it. The sad part is these silly decisions don't even irk me anymore.

Nice choice Gailey. You got Spiller & a sell-out crowd all reved up...AND you elect to kick. What does he think, were the steel curtain! Joke.

Our offense played great against New England so lets defer and kick so our suspect defense can get rolled on the first series.

Deferring is for pussies. Unless the weather is a major factor give me the damm ball first.

Edited by Bob in STL

People put way too much damn emphasis on the coin toss. :rolleyes:

It's one of the hindsight things that's basically useless to fuss about. You're never going to know the correct choice till after the game's over and it's still debatable at that point. The decision didn't set the tone for the game, it was the swiss cheese defense that didn't do squat to stop them on the opening drive, and it was the inept offense and special teams that allowed the Jets to walk all over them.

Just look at what they did in the second half...came out of the locker room with momentum...crowd's fired up after the touchdown thinking the Bills might be able to turn things around....then they go 3-and-out. :oops:

Edited by MattyT

Electing to kick off and get the ball in the 2nd half is what most teams are likely to do. I have no problems with this. On D if with our roaring crowd and adequate D we were able to stop the jests then great! We would be on O with no jest points and still have the ball first in the 2nd half. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

Why say the winds were taken out of our sails by deferring? The crowd can get way into it for our D. Effin put your chins up and don't make excuses over who got the ball first. We would have gotten pasted either way. I still think it was the right call to defer. I'm in the minority here but oh well!

When the only thing you win in a game is the coin toss you have to take the ball and not kick it. I hate deferring and losing momentum b4 the game even starts. Take the ball and run it down their damn throats!!! I don't care about one extra possession in the 2nd half when you are already beat by the second half!

I dont get it. We had momentum going into the second half with the ball. And if we elected to receive the ball and when 3 and out on the first drive some of you would be blaming Gailey for not deferring. Gailey made the right choice we just suck. How could Gailey know that the jets were going to score. If he had confidents in his team he would let the defense get out there first.

If I was a coach, I would defer every time there wasn't some extenuating circumstance. I love getting the ball in the 2nd half. When Marv was coaching, they didn't give you the choice, and he always hoped to lose the coin toss.