This is Clearly becoming a transition year

JustMaxx

This is Clearly becoming a transition year

It's not "becoming" a transition year. It was a transition year from the minute we didn't grab a QB or LT in the draft, or maybe even earlier, from when we decided to switch to a 3 - 4.

That's what happens when you rebuild.

Can't imagine you're right about the RBs, though. If we cut two of them, it would just create yet another hole we would need to address in the draft. Why would we cut Lynch and Jackson? They're good and not that expensive. If they're gone, we would need to draft an RB. I don't see how you can be right. One of them gone? Sure. Both? No way.

And of course the coaches don't plan to lose. But no we don't have the players to win, and they knew that. The fact that we didn't (and don't) have the players to win is the reason we're losing. It's not that difficult to understand.

Edited by Thurman#1

Edwards gone, Mitchell gone. I don't invision jackson or lynch still being here next year. 25% of our roster was turned over from the start. were going to win inbetween 2-6 games, have an opportunity to draft mallet, locker, luck, or ponder, couple more free agent signings in the offseason, and the bills will be on they're way to winning. Maybe 7-9 or 8-8 year two under gailey and just keep improving from there.

I will say this. For all you guys who think it is a plan to bottom out, your dead wrong. They don't have the guys to win this year, thats why I predict this record. But Chan Gailey is trying to win every game, so is Nix, they are COACHES. NO COACH PLANS TO LOSE!!

We have a young nucleaus to build around I think. Bell, Levitre, Wood, Spiller, Evans, Parrish, Nelson are all keepers. Plus on D with Poz, Kelsay, Byrd, McKelvin, Stroud, Edwards, Williams, hopefully Troup.

Do we need a pash rusher, or two? YES. Do we need a franchise QB? YES. do we need our Oline to continue to develop? YES. Buttt we have the guys on the Oline to develop who have the talent, we have the QB's available in the next draft. So lets just find those pashrushersssss

Please stop dooming and glooming. Stay positive. Its better for your health.

Jackson is going nowhere and our starting left and right tackles are a wreck, so our line is our top priority after QB then pashrush.

I say its more like bottoming out rather then a transition year. If we had drafted a QB high and were playing a bunch of young guys around the QB and on D I would qualify it as a transition year. Lets just hope a few good young guys step up and the promising guys on our roster show some good development and we are in a high enough position to draft a QB that will turn this franchise around.

If we go QB pick one we need to go O-line pick 2 (Quality LT or RT). Then try to stock up on some young defenders in the mid to late rounds. Also Nix needs to be able to find some mid-level free agents to try and catch lighting in a bottle because if we can't find undervalued players to sign we really hamstring our ability to improve this team (We can only draft a core you need to supplement that core with good undervalued signings).

Its still too early to think about next year but if we have a top 5 or 6 pick we need to try and get a QB or at the very least a franchise LT and we need to address a need with that 2nd round pick as well (This organization can't keep missing on high draft picks each draft should get 2 high quality starters bare minimum and find good players in the mid rounds as well).