jacksonsville not sold on TE

There is precious little evidence to examine. Unless of course one subscribes to the specious "he was cut by the Pack so he can't be any good" logic of some here. I thought the preseason evidence was pretty favorable, for what it was. Which is to say, not a lot.

He is an unknown quantity right now. That's attractive when the known isn't very good.

I agree with yoiu on this 100%. Chan was so good at calling TE our QB that 3 weeks in he was gone. Maybe he made a mistake in not reading Brohm right and he is potentially a game day QB, not a practice type like TE.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the full statement you quoted, bolding added: From what I've seen of Brohm on the field, last season's dreadful game vs Atlanta & 3 preseason games, I just don't see any reason to expect him to suddenly start throwing TDs.

I expect a guy to get be able to get a TD drive some time in his career. So far Brohm in 3 preseasons & a real game has none. I'm not a stat boy when it comes to QBs, but a guy has to do more than look the part, he has to produce TDs.

As far as the Atlanta game I expected 2 things-1)Generating more than 3 points. 2)Play well enough to peak Fewell's curiosity enough to start him again the following week. Instead, Fewell who was trying to win in hopes of keeping his job, ran right back to Fitzpatrick to start the Indy game rather than give Brohm another chance of showing something in an otherwise meaningless game. The fact that Fewell didn't think he was a viable option against Indy speaks volumes into what a guy who is actually in the NFL thought of his Atlanta performance.

It's inaccurate to say that Brohm was given three preseason games this year. A better way of putting it would be to state that Brohm received playing time during three different preseason games. But I'd be surprised if he had even one full preseason game worth of playing time; at least during his time with the Bills.

I agree with your larger point that the odds of him becoming a franchise QB are slim. But as those on the other side of the debate have pointed out, we have considerably less information about Brohm than about Trent Edwards or Losman. This, even though Edwards' draft position was worse than Brohm's, and Losman's wasn't all that much better.

My own personal hope is that the Bills will use their first round pick on a franchise QB, if there's a franchise QB to be had. But in the meantime, I wouldn't object to the team getting a better look at Brohm.