As well as the Bills have been playing

Winning is a great confidence builder, even if you only beat crappy teams. With the exception of the Jets, it looks like each win this year has been against teams on the way down. The Dolphins, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks are all teams circling the drain. I hope that we are really seeing a new Bills powerhouse emerging, and not just a team taking advantage of a favorable schedule.

Obviously the Steelers game will be a huge test, but I think the Bengals game may decide our fate. We beat them, and we are for real. We will be 9-6 going into the Steelers game and I believe we will win and get into the playoffs. Lose the the Begals and I think we finish 8-8.

We shall see, won't we?

PTR

Winning is a great confidence builder, even if you only beat crappy teams.  With the exception of the Jets, it looks like each win this year has been against teams on the way down.  The Dolphins, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks are all teams circling the drain.  I hope that we are really seeing a new Bills powerhouse emerging, and not just a team taking advantage of a favorable schedule.

Obviously the Steelers game will be a huge test, but I think the Bengals game may decide our fate.  We beat them, and we are for real.  We will be 9-6 going into the Steelers game and I believe we will win and get into the playoffs.  Lose the the Begals and I think we finish 8-8.

We shall see, won't we?

PTR

149863[/snapback]

So? ICE thinks John Fox should be coach of the year because Carolina has beaten those well known juggernauts: Tampa, Arizona, San Francisco, and New Orleans over the last 4 weeks (combined record is 2 wins, 11 losses).

You have to beat who is on the schedule. Right now there are about 5 teams playing better football than the Buffalo Bills. That's a nice change from the early part of the season.

You're right on the Bengals game. They are playing with alot of confidence now, because they apparently don't have mirrors in their dressing rooms.

Well, lets see now...

Against St. Louis, a team that is not as good as their record would seem to indicate, THE BILLS dominated in the second half just as a very good team is supposed to dominate a weaker opponent.

Against Seattle, another team that is not as good as their record would seem to indicate, THE BILLS dominated them for the entire game (a game I would remind you most picked the Bills to LOSE!) just as a very good team is supposed to dominate a weaker opponent.

Against Miami, a team with their back against the wall, playing with nothing to lose, and a team that is actually better than their record seems to indicate, (and playing in their stadium which has been a house of horrors for some very, very good Bills teams) THE BILLS win a very exciting game on the road (Where many were just recently saying THE BILLS couldn't win) coming from behind in the second half.

I'll Take IT!

P.S. We also scored the most points ever for any three game stretch in team history, 117. Yep, THE BILLS beat weaker opponents, but THE BILLS beat them convincingly, just as very good teams should!

Well, lets see now...

Against St. Louis, a team that is not as good as their record would seem to indicate, THE BILLS dominated in the second half just as a very good team is supposed to dominate a weaker opponent.

Against Seattle,  another team that is not as good as their record would seem to indicate, THE BILLS dominated them for the entire game (a game I would remind you most picked the Bills to LOSE!) just as a very good team is supposed to dominate a weaker opponent.

Against Miami, a team with their back against the wall, playing with nothing to lose, and a team that is actually better than their record seems to indicate, (and playing in their stadium which has been a house of horrors for some very, very good Bills teams) THE BILLS win a very exciting game on the road (Where many were just recently saying THE BILLS couldn't win) coming from behind in the second half.

I'll Take IT!

P.S. We also scored the most points ever for any three game stretch in team history, 117. Yep, THE BILLS beat weaker opponents, but THE BILLS beat them convincingly, just as very good teams should!

149866[/snapback]

Yes...good teams win games they are supposed to. All I was saying is we have only one win against a REAL playoff contender..the Jets. Others have made the same point.

PTR

Yes...good teams win games they are supposed to.  All I was saying is we have only one win against a REAL playoff contender..the Jets.  Others have made the same point.

PTR

150389[/snapback]

You are correct that no one should be thinking that our record in the last three games indicates we will dust good teams simply because these were crappt teams.

However, do YOU give any relevance to the real life fact that the Bills did not simply edge these crappy teams, but in fact put some very serious numbers on the board against them.

Just as much as it would be inappropriate to deem this team a sure fire winner against all comers based upon the caliber of these three opponents (and particularly since when we did face a quality team in their house the Pats handed us our head) it is also inaccurate to merely dismiss that this team has turned into something because:

1. The are putting up the huge numbers over three games. One may be a random event, two might be a coincidnce, but three data points clearly makes it reasonable to think this may be real.

2. 2 of the three games were on the road where historically we have done nothing much less put up 80+ points.

3. The good performance is coming from multiple facets of the game as the D generally (besides effectiveness outages in the 1st quarter against Miami and at various points throughout that game balance against superb performances as most points - not in NE and holding leads in the 0-4 start-) has performed superbly, the ST is one of if not the best in the league, and even the O is a juggernaut with the Willis weapon.

I don't think it merits getting all excited, but it certinly merits getting a lot excited.

If / When we beat Cleveland, the Cinncinatti game becomes a playoff game for both teams

This will be a huge test.

We should roll over Cleveland and San Fran. Ending the season with Pitt will defintely allow us t oprove wether we deserve that last wild card berth

Yes...good teams win games they are supposed to.  All I was saying is we have only one win against a REAL playoff contender..the Jets.  Others have made the same point.

PTR

150389[/snapback]

interesting stat.

New England has only 3 wins against above 500 teams..They must suck too

Oh yeah all 3 were at HOME..there 1 loss on the road.

3 of the 4 Bills losses to above 500 teams on the road!

If / When we beat Cleveland, the Cinncinatti game becomes a playoff game for both teams

This will be a huge test.

We should roll over Cleveland and San Fran. Ending the season with Pitt will defintely allow us t oprove wether we deserve that last wild card berth

150452[/snapback]

If the bengals lose this week to NE, their chances become quite slim, as 9-7

might be difficult to squeeze it in.

interesting stat.

150839[/snapback]

thanks for looking that up...that's about what I thought.

interesting stat.

150839[/snapback]

Sounds familiar....you can say the same thing about Philly!

Pittsburgh and Indy 2-1 to "above 500" teams, with the same "win at home, lose away" patterns.