Sellouts

cmjoyce113

I tried to do a google search on which games were sold out this year. The only ones I could find were the Dolphins and Steelers with limited seats available for the Jets. All of these articles were from July though. I have season tickets so I don't really care one way or another but does anyone know if Sunday's game is an official sell out?

Nice to know that I'm the only one who googles "Bills sellouts."

Sunday's game is sold out: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/ (there's a sentence about it after the Stroud story)

However I too am interested in the ticket status of other four games (Detroit, Jacksonville, Cleveland, New England). Any leads would be appreciated.

Sunday's game is sold out: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/ (there's a sentence about it after the Stroud story)

However I too am interested in the ticket status of other four games (Detroit, Jacksonville, Cleveland, New England). Any leads would be appreciated.

10,000 left for Jags game per wgr yesterday

Oh crap... even if we win on Sunday against the Jets I don't see us selling out that game... 10,000 tickets to sell in a week????

That's not so bad really. If it gets down to a few thousand the TV station will buy them up.

And if there are rumors of Trent starting, that might sell a few as well :)

That's not so bad really. If it gets down to a few thousand the TV station will buy them up.

And if there are rumors of Trent starting, that might sell a few as well :)

If we beat the Jets convincingly the Jags game gets bumped to a sellout. If we win or lose and Garrard gets hurt or pulled and Trent is starting the Jags game gets bumped up to a sell out.

Im in the FL Market, The news said this am that all of the Bucs games wil be blacked out, espically since the Steelers game did not sell out....

Truly superb screen name! :thumbsup:

Are there any major businesses in the area that will buy out the remaining tickets?

In NC the banks will sometimes buy thouands of tickets for Panthers games to ensure it being on TV. When the Panthers were good they bought all of the non-sellout games. I do not know the last time that it was done but could only imagine the headline "Bank Of America used Gov loaned money to buy NFL tickets."

Truly superb screen name! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Are there any major businesses in the area that will buy out the remaining tickets?

In NC the banks will sometimes buy thouands of tickets for Panthers games to ensure it being on TV. When the Panthers were good they bought all of the non-sellout games. I do not know the last time that it was done but could only imagine the headline "Bank Of America used Gov loaned money to buy NFL tickets."

IIRC, Time Warner often buys up the remaining few thousand, as they did last year with the Colts season finale. Specifically, there were roughly 2,000 remaining according to a News article from that time. As it relates to next weeks game, then, 10,000 may be a bit steep for them to buy them all up but as long as we put a dent in that total they might do the same for the Jags. Needless to say, every time TWC buys up the tickets it softens the blow of $130 cable bills and a lack of the NFL network.

More importantly though if we fail to sell out a couple games this year I hope no one points to us as having "sellout problems." We were 69 for 80 in the 2000s when we only had one winning season, though those same people probably won't bother to look that up.