Demetrius Bell...run blocker extraordinaire?

Big Turk

Fast forward to next year. Assuming everyone is healthy and continue to progress.

LT - Bell

OG- Ubrick

C- Wood

RG- Levitre

RT- Wang

Or possibly Bell to RT if we pick up a future LT in the draft, with Wang, Cordero, Green, Harngartner & Meredith as

back-ups? Looks like a good young line with pretty good exeprience. I am ok with that.

I must be one of the few, sounds like you are another, that is really not down on our OL. Not saying they are the best, but I believe they are growing together, and barring injuries will be one of the better units in the NFL by seasons end and heading into next year. yes, I would like to see an upgrade at RT, but am really interested to see how they handle the Jets this weekend.

yes, but I've seen enough of Green

It's funny, I rewatched both games on NFL Replay and I think that an objective fan would think Bell is developing as fast or faster than Wood and Levitre. I know that's sacrilege to those on this board who spout nonsense about our "stud" guards, but makes a lot of blocks and may not suck.

:thumbsup:

I've been saying the same thing. People are just used to being down on Bell based on last season. This season he looks like a totally different player. He's not an all-pro,

but he has shown tremendous improvement. He might actually turn out to be something. Our interior O-line has its' issues; they have tlent, but they are no better than Bell so far

in the grand scheme. People mistake attitude for results. All they need to do is watch the games with a truthful eye.

Bell better hope he can run block, because he is amongst the Top 5 worst pass blockers in football, and his buddy Cornell Green is the only reason he isn't the worst pass blocker on the team.

This is one of the funniest replies I have ever seen....."his buddy".....damn, that's some funny a** sh*t

If Bell becomes a player this is would be a huge boost to the rebuild

one less big time hole to fill

You said it! We have a huge need at QB and LB and DL. If we our looking for a RT instead of a LT that makes the rebuild less daunting.

I hope that next year we at least rty to upgrade the defense with free agency as well as the draft.

perhaps we get lucky and wang turns into a player at left tackle and Bell can move to the right side . I can dream at least

pat kirwin,former GM of the jets and a Sirius daily host when we drafted wang said before the year is over he will be our RT.

he is very high on the kid and says technique wise and mistake wise he is an excellent player.he also was the starting RT for one of the top collage programs in the country Oklahoma.

IMO when wang is healthy he will replace Green.

Bell better hope he can run block, because he is amongst the Top 5 worst pass blockers in football, and his buddy Cornell Green is the only reason he isn't the worst pass blocker on the team.

give the kid a break. he is green as grass. the fact that he is playing LT in the NFL and holding his own is a tribute to the kind of athlete he is and only shows good for the future as he gains expirance.

if bell develops and stays away from the penalties, he could be the next jason peters. he seems humble enough to not want as much money as peters did too. wood and levetrie are only in their second year in the nfl and have enormous potential to be above average guards. hangartner is a back up playing on a bad team, hes just another melvin fowler (remember him?) maybe if we get another good guard, we could shift wood over to center. right tackle is self explanatory, hopfully wang gets in the game soon.

you are out of your mind on you opinion of hangartner. he is 10 times the player fowler ever was at his worst.

hangartner is a good center and most important is probably the most intelligent center in the league and that is very important because the center sets the pre snap adjustments.

you dont have a clue about what you are talking about.

Fast forward to next year. Assuming everyone is healthy and continue to progress.

LT - Bell

OG- Ubrick

C- Wood

RG- Levitre

RT- Wang

Or possibly Bell to RT if we pick up a future LT in the draft, with Wang, Cordero, Green, Harngartner & Meredith as

back-ups? Looks like a good young line with pretty good exeprience. I am ok with that.

Ubrick and Wang have no game experience at all. Your line might be worse than this years version.

You want to improve? Try this going into camp next year.

LT - Bell and Wang compete

LG - Levitre, Howard and Urbick compete

C - Hangartner and Wood compete

RG - Wood, Howard and Urbick compete

RT - Bring in proven NFL veteran and also draft a talented tackle that is not an after thought

Meredith and Green - buh bye

It's funny, I rewatched both games on NFL Replay and I think that an objective fan would think Bell is developing as fast or faster than Wood and Levitre. I know that's sacrilege to those on this board who spout nonsense about our "stud" guards, but makes a lot of blocks and may not suck.

nonsense my as-. mike mayock who forgot more about football than you will ever know said buffalo has the best pair of young guards in the league.

wood is coming of a devastating injury and is rounding back into form. the fact that he is playing at all this soon is amaizing and a tribute to his toughness and determination.

by the way livitre was named to the all rookie team in his rookie year and is switching from a collage LT to guard in the NFL due to his short arms.

you obviously dont do your homework and just spout off @ the mouth.

nix and mayock had Livitre rated #1 @ guard and #1 @ center for woods coming out and we got the both of them.we also now have the second rated guard coming out in the kid we claimed from pittsburgh.

you are totally lost my friend.

pat kirwin,former GM of the jets and a Sirius daily host when we drafted wang said before the year is over he will be our RT.

he is very high on the kid and says technique wise and mistake wise he is an excellent player.he also was the starting RT for one of the top collage programs in the country Oklahoma.

IMO when wang is healthy he will replace Green.

give the kid a break. he is green as grass. the fact that he is playing LT in the NFL and holding his own is a tribute to the kind of athlete he is and only shows good for the future as he gains expirance.

you are out of your mind on you opinion of hangartner. he is 10 times the player fowler ever was at his worst.

hangartner is a good center and most important is probably the most intelligent center in the league and that is very important because the center sets the pre snap adjustments.

you dont have a clue about what you are talking about.

Wang played at Virginia Tech not Oklahoma