Is Ralph Cheap?

NaPolian8693

Ralph may have been cheap at different times with coaches and/or front office management. However, he is not cheap when it comes to players. Here are the NFL team payrolls from 2009:

New York Giants $ 137,638,866

Miami Dolphins $ 126,855,921

Houston Texans $ 122,573,860

New Orleans Saints $ 121,552,424

Chicago Bears $ 120,672,110

New York Jets $ 120,168,770

Pittsburgh Steelers $ 119,604,460

Arizona Cardinals $ 116,701,866

San Diego Chargers $ 115,264,155

Green Bay Packers $ 114,597,569

Carolina Panthers $ 112,738,038

Buffalo Bills $ 111,956,066

Oakland Raiders $ 111,527,250

Baltimore Ravens $ 109,200,157

Tennessee Titans $ 109,025,090

San Francisco 49ers $ 107,746,232

Washington Redskins $ 105,049,071

Jacksonville Jaguars $ 103,558,989

Philadelphia Eagles $ 102,490,815

Denver Broncos $ 102,043,735

Indianapolis Colts $ 101,203,115

Minnesota Vikings $ 99,806,040

New England Patriots $ 97,565,413

Detroit Lions $ 95,963,320

Atlanta Falcons $ 95,492,002

Cincinnati Bengals $ 94,591,308

Cleveland Browns $ 93,932,182

Dallas Cowboys $ 90,650,939

Seattle Seahawks $ 89,075,820

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $ 84,501,322

Kansas City Chiefs $ 83,187,156

St. Louis Rams $ 62,384,821

The trouble is not that the Bills wont spend on free agents, its that no one want to come to Buffalo, and you have to overpay mediocre players just to get anyone at all in free agency.

Also notice that the Bills spend more than Dan Snyder and the Redskins, and also more than the Patriots and Colts (despite their monster QB contracts). Also notice how little the Cowboys actually spend.

Edited by NaPolian8693

Yes he is cheap. I always see his defenders come rushing to the front with the Bills players salaries and I have to LMAO at the pure ignorance. For the 5 billionth time, THE TV CONTRACTS PAY THE SALARIES!!!! There did caps help you? I remember back when Fan TV was still on and Chris Speilman had some chick call in and talk **** about 'we pay your salaries' blah blah blah'. He refrenced the CBA ver batum, article, page whatever and said 'No mam, do the research the TV contracts pay the Salaries, owners are NOT on the hook for them'.

It has been in articles all over the place in past history, esp when Ralph wouldn't pay John Butler what he was worth and JB said 'screw you old man' with his last draft and bolted to San Diego. It made it out back then that Ralph has NEVER put a premium on a front office. He got Polian on the cheap because he promoted him. He got Marv on the cheap bringing him in when he did. Ralph Wilson has always felt he can just go get anybody to GM and Coach his teams, his history dictates that. Honestly, If Bill Polian hadn't been 'Bill friggin Polian' and been the genius he is, where would this team have been? I guarantee you Marv Levy NEVER makes the HOF if Bill P hadn't surrounded him with a team that had at least 5 HOF players on it and multiple probowlers at one time.

Why was Polian really fired? My old source that I had way back when said two reasons. 1. Yeah he called Ralphs daughter a bad word and as my source said 'She deserved it'. 1A. Jeffery Litman. That SOB is even more frugal than Ralph which is why Ralph has him. Remember BP got fired about the time Free agency really got started. Why? Jeff wouldn't pay too keep/ bring in players. Bill told them it had to be done, layed out how they were going to have to spend to get quality players or keep their own. Pffft! PAY? are you kidding me? So that ended the BP era and started our downward spiral to becoming the worst ran team in football AGAIN.

The trouble is not that the Bills wont spend on free agents, its that no one want to come to Buffalo, and you have to overpay mediocre players just to get anyone at all in free agency.

That's kind of a chicken or the egg situation. Maybe if they had a competent organization that had the feel of a top flight organization then the free agent problem would fix itself. Before they were bought by Robert Kraft and he made a commitment to winning, how many free agents do you think wanted to go to New England?

Yes he is cheap. I always see his defenders come rushing to the front with the Bills players salaries and I have to LMAO at the pure ignorance. For the 5 billionth time, THE TV CONTRACTS PAY THE SALARIES!!!! There did caps help you? I remember back when Fan TV was still on and Chris Speilman had some chick call in and talk **** about 'we pay your salaries' blah blah blah'. He refrenced the CBA ver batum, article, page whatever and said 'No mam, do the research the TV contracts pay the Salaries, owners are NOT on the hook for them'.

It has been in articles all over the place in past history, esp when Ralph wouldn't pay John Butler what he was worth and JB said 'screw you old man' with his last draft and bolted to San Diego. It made it out back then that Ralph has NEVER put a premium on a front office. He got Polian on the cheap because he promoted him. He got Marv on the cheap bringing him in when he did. Ralph Wilson has always felt he can just go get anybody to GM and Coach his teams, his history dictates that. Honestly, If Bill Polian hadn't been 'Bill friggin Polian' and been the genius he is, where would this team have been? I guarantee you Marv Levy NEVER makes the HOF if Bill P hadn't surrounded him with a team that had at least 5 HOF players on it and multiple probowlers at one time.

Why was Polian really fired? My old source that I had way back when said two reasons. 1. Yeah he called Ralphs daughter a bad word and as my source said 'She deserved it'. 1A. Jeffery Litman. That SOB is even more frugal than Ralph which is why Ralph has him. Remember BP got fired about the time Free agency really got started. Why? Jeff wouldn't pay too keep/ bring in players. Bill told them it had to be done, layed out how they were going to have to spend to get quality players or keep their own. Pffft! PAY? are you kidding me? So that ended the BP era and started our downward spiral to becoming the worst ran team in football AGAIN.

Spielman is and was wrong. TV contracts roughly contribute 2/3 of revenue and players take home about that in salary. However, there is nothing that says the players' salaries are tied to tv contract $$ directly. SO yes fans can pay a player's salary. Read the CBA

Yes he is cheap, and petty, and meddling.

Explain to me why Langston Walker was cut last year. Not why he was demoted - why he was cut. I'm waiting for an explanation. Because that move, IMO, perfectly encapsulates the kind of cheapness that pervades OBD. They'd rather save a couple million bucks even if it means signficantly jeopardizing their depth and experience at a key position. Again, I get why he was demoted. But until someone gives me a credible explanation for outright releasing him, I'll stick to my opinion that Ralph is indeed a penny-pinching SOB.

Spielman is and was wrong. TV contracts roughly contribute 2/3 of revenue and players take home about that in salary. However, there is nothing that says the players' salaries are tied to tv contract $$ directly. SO yes fans can pay a player's salary. Read the CBA

The fans cover the team's operating margin.