If the Bills cut 5 players this week besides Trent Edwards who would y

tonyjustbcuz

After Trent Edwards getting the ax, I started to think about a fantasy cut of 5 Bills players who are currently on our active roster. Seeing that none of the Bills players would be a viable choice in a typical fantasy football team, it would be more realistic and a better fantasy of the 5 cuts you would make before the game Sunday!

I don't want to dominate this topic with my opinion, although Cornell Green is rolling off my lips before I can close.

Go ahead pick the 5 Bills players most deserving of the ax who can go join Trent Edwards on the Jags!!! Can't wait to read your selections!

GO BILLS !!!! :bag:

Have to add a 2nd player I would want to get the ax, and that's Aaron Maybin!

I would go with...

1)Marcus Stroud.. I know, he's a "leader" but he the most disappointing player on this team this season. Hasnt gotten to the qb and looks foolish on run plays.

2)Reggie Torbor.. Gets thrown around at olb, doesnt stay healthy. Cant rush the passer or stop the run

3)Akin Ayodele... Dont need another slow again vet, especially when Poz comes back.

4)John McCargo... This season as been a microcosm of his career...

5)Cornell Green... I heard all of his bashing on here.. No need for another low-blow.

Well I'm going bang for the buck, Green(cut)-Whitner(dont resign, start Scott), Kelsay(dont resign) Stroud(cut-start Spencer/Carrington) and of course McCargo. How much in payroll is that capologists? Would leave the Bills some coin to address positions in free agency before the draft.

Edited by billsfan714

If I were taking over as GM of the Bills, I may not make these cuts tomorrow, but they would be made prior to the start of the next season (whether that's in 2011 or 2012):

Chris Kelsay - physically limited, doesn't fit the scheme, getting up there in age.

Cornell Green - physically and mentally limited, old in NFL years.

John McCargo - former 1st round pick who has failed to reach any of his potential.

Akin Ayodele - a stop gap player who was signed, due to injuries at the LB position.

Reggie Torbor - a stop gap player who was signed, due to injuries at the LB position.

The defensive front seven of this team, may be a weaker unit than the OL! Quite possibly, the slowest DEs & LBs in the league. If the defense is looking for an upgrade, start at a position in the front seven - any position. No player strikes fear into opposing offenses, so no player has to be accounted for at the LOS. The only defender I wouldn't replace, is Kyle Williams. Everyone else is expendable. We are only a DE, ROLB, LOLB, QB, WR, C, and RT, away from being a playoff caliber team.

Well I'm going bang for the buck, Green(cut)-Whitner(dont resign, start Scott), Kelsay(dont resign) Stroud(cut-start Spencer/Carrington) and of course McCargo. How much in payroll is that capologists? Would leave the Bills some coin to address positions in free agency before the draft.

+ 1