Trade Lindell to the Saints

I realize many will think this is stupid, but he might be the most valuable guy on the roster (maybe trade Moorman?). A backup linebacker or O-lineman from the Saints might be better than what we have.

I have no idea what a kicker might bring back in a trade.

Troll material? Sure, but it's at least as interesting as "Trade Marshawn Lynch!".

I realize many will think this is stupid, but he might be the most valuable guy on the roster (maybe trade Moorman?). A backup linebacker or O-lineman from the Saints might be better than what we have.

Troll material? Sure, but it's at least as interesting as "Trade Marshawn Lynch!".

Hmm, maybe one of the smartest posts I have read on this forum in a long time. Keep up the good work, and by the way, if you think its stupid then why post it? Do you want to get bashed or something?

Hmm, maybe one of the smartest posts I have read on this forum in a long time. Keep up the good work, and by the way, if you think its stupid then why post it? Do you want to get bashed or something?

Because I can't tell if it's genius or silly. Like there could be something obvious about it that I'm overlooking. The other thing is , I don't know what the going rate is for a pretty good kicker. Maybe package him up with another player? Moorman?

The Bills are going nowhere, and they have this Superstar Punter!

It is definately outside the box, but at this point, it is nice to have Lindell. If we progress in the next few years there is a great chance we'll need a clutch kicker. But, I am not opposed to it.

Good thought.

C'mon man. "At this point"? Right now they are years away from needing any big kicks.

Great idea, trade away 2 solid players.

Great idea, trade away 2 solid players.

I can understand something like "they won't be able to get much for him, maybe a late round pick" or "the Saints wouldn't make any deal like that because.....", but considering that the O-line has at least one GLARING weakness (at right tackle), and how much this has been affecting the offense, and really the entire team, I would trade away Lindell for a guy that would get that position up to acceptable. I know Fitz kicked the offense into gear, but despite their history, the Patriots don't have a very good defense this season, and there will be some tougher challenges in the season to come.

The Bills seem to find good kickers (no need for Norwood blasts), and they would have at least an offseason or two to find another good kicker.

The Saints need one NOW.

Thanks for admitting up front that you are indeed stupid.

Thanks for admitting up front that you are indeed stupid.

I can accept the notion that it's stupid, but you need to tell me why it's stupid.

Just an incisive idea! Trade Moorman and Lindell; then lease the stadium parking lots on Sundays for flea markets!

If there was room, it'd be great! They always sell crappy sports memorabilia at flea markets. Maybe they should do that in Jacksonville! Tim Tebow wall hangings and whatnot

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Your right ----- it's pretty stupid !!!!!!!

I'm not buying into the "trade away" our better players philosophy. Field Goal kickers have long careers and special teams need to be built around a good punter and a good field goal kicker. I don't like the idea of trading Marshawn, frankly our best running back at the moment, unless omeone comes in with a very good offer. I have a completely novel approach to solving the bills problems. Take what's bad (TE, Green, and a host of others) and get rid of them as fast as you can. Find players who are good to great to fill weak spots Offensive Tackle for instance. Use all avenues to rebuild quickly and that includes trades, drafts and free agency.

Going fire sale ballistic to get rid of quality players just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sorry, but have you lost your mind? Not to be a jerk, but Moorman has been the best player at his position that the bills have had for over 10 years. He is the only person that has perennially been in the running for a pro-bowl spot, and thats a position that only takes one (or maybe two) players for the pro-bowl. every time Moorman boots a 50 yard punt, its almost the same as getting a 35 yard punt and plus a 15 yard block in the back penalty that kills the run back. Making opposing teams have a long field to get back to the end zone is the only thing that has kept us in a lot of these games. In addition, the field position we have had over the last few years is worlds better than the field position our team deserves given how little the offense has have moved the ball. How many times have we gotten the ball at the 10 yard line, done nothing, and asked Moorman to come in and be our savior and boot the ball over 50 yards, and at least push the other team to the other side of midfield, which at least gives our defense a chance to stop them before they are in field goal range. Winning the field position battle is critical to giving your team a chance to win the game. I know we will never be able to win the game without upgrades at our key offensive and defensive positions, but you don't sell your big screen 3D TV to buy a surround sound system. We have to address our holes, but shouldn't give away our stars (and create more holes) to do so. What are we gonna do in the future with that philosophy? Give away our future 1st round LT to get a great QB? It just doesn't make any sense. We build through free agency, draft, or by trading players that are redundant in our system (which may have been Marshawn had we not lost Joique Bell from the PS). Luckily, I don't think Chan and Nix are nearly as crazy as those of you that think we should get rid of Moorman.

As for Lindell, which stared the post. I think that you don't know how important a clutch kicker is until you lose one. I know Lindell doesn't have incredible distance, but he is incredibly accurate at moderate distances (relatively speaking). Does everyone remember how many times we have stalled in the red zone or at the 30 yard line? Imagine how much more of a blowout many of our games would have been if we did not at least get a field goal during those trips. And as for all those "heartbreak" games that we lost (Dallas, monday night, New England with Leodis' fumble, Cleveland (ugly as it was), Jets (JPs fumble)), we wouldn't even had been in the game had we not scored mid-range field goals. Do I think Lindell is Steve Christie (booting kickoff's through the uprights, hitting 50+ yard field goals with ease)? No. But do I want to create a new hole in a team made of swiss cheese? No.

Plus I have a moorman jersey and I don't want to wear it when he is pinning the bills at the one yard line for another team.

STOP TRYING TO GIVE AWAY THE FEW SOLID PLAYERS WE HAVE!!

How many times can you recall a kicker being traded? Probably none, because it doesn't happen. Why would a team give up something for a kicker, when there are a line of suitable kickers out there waiting to be signed? Not gonna happen.

How many times can you recall a kicker being traded? Probably none, because it doesn't happen. Why would a team give up something for a kicker, when there are a line of suitable kickers out there waiting to be signed? Not gonna happen.

Which is it? "The kicker is too important, don't trade away one of the few good players on the team" or "No one would give a you anything for a kicker"?

I can agree with "they can't get much for him", but " we have to keep our kicking game, it's so special" doesn't really convince me.

True, but Indy gave Vinatieri a 3.5M signing bonus when the Pats didn't put the franchise tag on him and he became a free agent. A good kicker is a valuable asset, apparently worth paying for, and I don't think they are a dime a dozen. Would I say they are worth their weight in gold? Yes, but only because they are usually little guys.

I'm sorry, but have you lost your mind? Not to be a jerk, but Moorman has been the best player at his position that the bills have had for over 10 years. He is the only person that has perennially been in the running for a pro-bowl spot, and thats a position that only takes one (or maybe two) players for the pro-bowl. every time Moorman boots a 50 yard punt, its almost the same as getting a 35 yard punt and plus a 15 yard block in the back penalty that kills the run back. Making opposing teams have a long field to get back to the end zone is the only thing that has kept us in a lot of these games. In addition, the field position we have had over the last few years is worlds better than the field position our team deserves given how little the offense has have moved the ball. How many times have we gotten the ball at the 10 yard line, done nothing, and asked Moorman to come in and be our savior and boot the ball over 50 yards, and at least push the other team to the other side of midfield, which at least gives our defense a chance to stop them before they are in field goal range. Winning the field position battle is critical to giving your team a chance to win the game. I know we will never be able to win the game without upgrades at our key offensive and defensive positions, but you don't sell your big screen 3D TV to buy a surround sound system. We have to address our holes, but shouldn't give away our stars (and create more holes) to do so. What are we gonna do in the future with that philosophy? Give away our future 1st round LT to get a great QB? It just doesn't make any sense. We build through free agency, draft, or by trading players that are redundant in our system (which may have been Marshawn had we not lost Joique Bell from the PS). Luckily, I don't think Chan and Nix are nearly as crazy as those of you that think we should get rid of Moorman.

As for Lindell, which stared the post. I think that you don't know how important a clutch kicker is until you lose one. I know Lindell doesn't have incredible distance, but he is incredibly accurate at moderate distances (relatively speaking). Does everyone remember how many times we have stalled in the red zone or at the 30 yard line? Imagine how much more of a blowout many of our games would have been if we did not at least get a field goal during those trips. And as for all those "heartbreak" games that we lost (Dallas, monday night, New England with Leodis' fumble, Cleveland (ugly as it was), Jets (JPs fumble)), we wouldn't even had been in the game had we not scored mid-range field goals. Do I think Lindell is Steve Christie (booting kickoff's through the uprights, hitting 50+ yard field goals with ease)? No. But do I want to create a new hole in a team made of swiss cheese? No.

Plus I have a moorman jersey and I don't want to wear it when he is pinning the bills at the one yard line for another team.

STOP TRYING TO GIVE AWAY THE FEW SOLID PLAYERS WE HAVE!!

Dude, that Lindell rant is a classic. Of course I could argue that neither of these guys have EVER kicked under any real pressure, or made a single significant kick, because they have never been to the playoffs, where the real pressure starts, or have even had to make a season maker/breaker because these Bills have sucked for so long!

I didn't realize that Moorman and Lindell have been keeping the Bills up there at mediocre all these years!

You're probably right though, no other kicker/punter tandem could have kept these Bills right in the thick of it (except, judging from week 1, the Dolphins punter), and given the team the chance to bumble away victories right at the end! Awesome!

Jeez, we need SOMEONE at the ProBowl!

Edited by Matthews' Bag