How long before Buddy gets fired?

freester

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I'm extremely disappointed in what Nix / Gailey have done so far...its almost as if Jauron didn't leave and he is still making lame ass decisions. The only thing they got right so far has been Spiller, not an area of need and a luxury pick. Its pretty tough to fail on drafting a player with the 9th overall pick...then again who did the Bills select last year with their #1?

Should the Bills continue on this path of doom I certainly don't trust them to make a selection of a franchise 50 mill QB at this point

What bothers me more is the fact that most Bills fans are in some sort of denial about the whole thing, oh yea give them time...time to F up the entire team. Sorry I'm not buying into this rebuilding crap, I've seen their idea of quality player worth 45 mill, and a RT worth 3 mill a year

I gotta say I'm extremely disappointed in what Nix / Gailey have done so far...its almost as if Jauron didn't leave and he is still making lame ass decisions. The only thing they got right so far has been Spiller, not an area of need and a luxury pick. Its pretty tough to fail on drafting a player with the 9th overall pick...then again who did the Bills select last year with their #1?

Should the Bills continue on this path of doom I certainly don't trust them to make a selection of a franchise 50 mill QB at this point

What bothers me more is the fact that most Bills fans are in some sort of denial about the whole thing, oh yea give them time...time to F up the entire team. Sorry I'm not buying into this rebuilding crap, I've seen their idea of quality player worth 45 mill, and a RT worth 3 mill a year

I was thinking about this last night after reading about the union meeting. I bet the new CBA prevents 50million dollar wiffs.. As we will have a rookie salary cap in place that will be for a lot less money andshorter contract time. Do you think the bills were waiting for this knowing that the team was going to struggle? I'm not making the assumtion its just a though an knowing the Qb class is better this year than last.... Just a hunch.

I can't believe most people miss point. The goal is not to go 9-7 and win the wild card and get knocked out in the first round. The goal and only goal is to win the super bowl. Second place sucks, I know I've been there 4 times and at the end of the day 2 it's the same as 32, sucks. Why the hell would Buddy go out and sign about bunch of old stop-gap vets who are going to be here for 1 two 2 years and then be washed up. He didn't sign any free agents because who was going to sign? Most of the 4-5 year FA who any good were restricted, and would of needed to give up a 1st and 3rd to sign them. The truth is very simple, this season is all about open tryouts for 20 weeks. Everyone knows the Bills are not going to win the superbowl. for example, I sure about Trent Edwards and what the problem with him was. I really didn't know if it was Jauron, the line, the injuries, him etc., but after seeing fitz play, I know Trent didn't have any future with the team, and it best that he's moving on. I think the front office and coachs are taking that approach with everyone. I think this year is the evaluation year, and next year starts the rebuilding. If your looking for a team who sign a bunch of old stop gap vets, mixed with the bunch of unproven talent who wins 65% of there games, make the playoff and get knocked out in the usually the first and sometimes the second round, become a Sabres fan.

First year GM. I build from the trenches back. My first order of business is to assess talent. The need for two quality tackles jumps out. If I am going to go to a 3-4 I also assess talent. I try to find leaders who will create a positive attitude on offense and defense. Perhaps I sign Flozell Adams (winner) to play for a year or two instead of Cornell Green (loser). I might want to try and keep a nasty bruising lineman on my team (Incardona). I might gp after a linebacker free agent like Karlos Dansby. Dansby would be tghe basis of the defensive rebuild. Expensive but you want to build a program. I would have drafted Bualaga to anchor the offensive line. I would hve relied on Lynch and Jackson as starting running backs (actually Lynch and Jackson ARE the starting running backs.) I would have let TO go (I spent too much in getting Dansby to even think I'm going to sign him) and hope Parrish and Stevie step up. If I'm going 3-4 I draft linebackers and cut Maybin and Kelsay. I try to get a legitimate nose tackle.

These things were doable...they didn't get done.

You don't sit on your ass and waste a year. If you are going to rebuild, do it from day one.

Looks like Tennesseeboy is available to step in and right the team in a single season. He knows all the right moves and will get them done. But that idiot Wilson hired Nix when T-boy was available every day, right under his nose here on TBD. What a fatal mistake.

I can't believe most people miss point. The goal is not to go 9-7 and win the wild card and get knocked out in the first round. The goal and only goal is to win the super bowl. Second place sucks, I know I've been there 4 times and at the end of the day 2 it's the same as 32, sucks. Why the hell would Buddy go out and sign about bunch of old stop-gap vets who are going to be here for 1 two 2 years and then be washed up. He didn't sign any free agents because who was going to sign? Most of the 4-5 year FA who any good were restricted, and would of needed to give up a 1st and 3rd to sign them. The truth is very simple, this season is all about open tryouts for 20 weeks. Everyone knows the Bills are not going to win the superbowl. for example, I sure about Trent Edwards and what the problem with him was. I really didn't know if it was Jauron, the line, the injuries, him etc., but after seeing fitz play, I know Trent didn't have any future with the team, and it best that he's moving on. I think the front office and coachs are taking that approach with everyone. I think this year is the evaluation year, and next year starts the rebuilding. If your looking for a team who sign a bunch of old stop gap vets, mixed with the bunch of unproven talent who wins 65% of there games, make the playoff and get knocked out in the usually the first and sometimes the second round, become a Sabres fan.

WTF, now the Bills are not even rebuilding this year? This year is for evaluations? C'mon get a freaking grip it doesn't take a year to evaluate talent, its takes a few hours of film study. Your just making lame excuses as to why the Bills completely screwed up and wasted this year, another fan in denial.

The Redskins were is almost the exact same situation as the Buffalo Bills, they needed a QB, fix the O line and switch to a 3-4. The Skins hired experienced veteran NFL coaches on both offense and defense. Drafted a LT with the first pick, traded for RT all pro Jamaal Brown for a 3rd round pick and traded for Donovan McNabb. Now you tell me, which team is more advanced towards reaching the playoffs / SB. The Skins might be a year away, the Bills are 4-5 or more years away if they need the first year to simply evaluate. Let me tell you, counting on more then two years is stretching things considering Ralph Wilson's age.

What did the Bills do, drafted a luxury pick RB in an area where they already had one PB RB and the other is actually better. So now they have a really good 3rd down back, big woop. They signed Cornell Green to a 3 mill a year contract, that was the best RT FA they could find?They just re-sign an older washed up DE to a 45 mil contract to play OLB. I can only think that they are puppets and someone else is pulling the strings, they can't have spent their entire lives in this business to suck this bad at what they do.

Nix has made a series of terrible personnel moves. Terrible draft with which we are getting almost no production out of, wasting first round pick on RB , not keeping incognito, resigning Kelsay, mediocre free agent moves such as cornell at RT. He has done nothing to upgrade the talent on the team. I do think Gailey is a good HC, but we have an inexperienced DC. Overall, I feel he is overmatched for the job.

what an assinine clueless post.

gruden (i know he does not know as much about football as you) called spiller the best player in the draft.

incognito who has mental issues is not needed because we have 2 young stud guards like mike mayock says "buffalo has the best young guard duo in the NFL"

they kept kelsey a seasoned vet and signed him for peanuts until they find a younger player to replace him,great move by Nix.

lastly anyone with half a brain knows free agency is not the way you build a good football team and its been proven over and over. want the best example look @ Washington.

the only guy overmatched for the job is you because you obviously dont know the game very well.

He has got a lot of time.

He inherited a pretty terrible mess here. Its going to take a lot. They are at bare bones mode for the most part. Evaluating and slowly putting the athletes they need at each position to fit their system. I would say with or without Nix in there, about 10%-20% of the team will still be on the roster for the 2012 season.

Give the man a few years though