I still don't get Gaileys issue with Spiller

DarthICE

Spiller is like a battery operated toy without the batteries. And throughout the off-season the Bills did nothing to make the OL better, i.e. buy the batteries.

I thought Spiller's speed was supposed to make the O-line better. That's what we were told after the draft, anyway.

I thought Spiller's speed was supposed to make the O-line better. That's what we were told after the draft, anyway.

And it will, just as soon as a half way decent QB can get eight people off the line and give the speedster some room, until such time we need a pounder in there. Spiller will get some touches.

He was listed as the starter in game one but now he isn't. Now they want to 'bring him along slowly' when every other rookie RB is starting and beginning to kick ass. Did the Bills miss again on a first round pick? It is just a known thing that RB is hands down the easiest position to just start as a rookie in the NFL. Spiller is hands down the most explosive weapon we have and he is sitting? He is the highest paid back on the team and he is sitting? This kid was clearly the best in the preseason, was here for OTA's etc Vs lynch sitting at home etc. So WTF? WTF is Gailey thinking sitting our #9 high paid, most talented RB on the bench?

We better pray that this kid becomes a full time starter because teams can't afford with the cap to pay multi millions to utility players.

Not using Spiller puzzles me too. Any one that does as well as he did academicaly in college isn't DUMB.

And it will, just as soon as a half way decent QB can get eight people off the line and give the speedster some room, until such time we need a pounder in there. Spiller will get some touches.

I think this is true. If you watch all those highlights of CJ at Clemson, on most of the those big runs he had huge holes to run through. So far he has had no holes to run through. I think he should be used less as a regular RB and more as a guy they put in motion and throw passes to out in space and gets the occasional carry when in the backfield with ML or JAckson.

He did look better on KO returns against the cheese. He'll break one before too long. That said, I wish we had Leodis back there turning KOs.

It's way too early to say he's a bust.

I am sorry, maybe I am mistaken, but didn't they use a lot of Spiller against Miami?

What was the result? Miami game planned for Spiller, and shut him down.

How many people bitched and moaned that Lynch and Jackson weren't the ones getting the carries?

Now that Lynch and Jackson are getting more carries, now every one is bitching about Spiller not getting the carries. We have 3 great running backs on this team. All three have their specialties, and according to Chan all three have their own packages.

I am sorry, maybe I am mistaken, but didn't they use a lot of Spiller against Miami?

What was the result? Miami game planned for Spiller, and shut him down.

How many people bitched and moaned that Lynch and Jackson weren't the ones getting the carries?

Now that Lynch and Jackson are getting more carries, now every one is bitching about Spiller not getting the carries. We have 3 great running backs on this team. All three have their specialties, and according to Chan all three have their own packages.

The problem is that a top ten pick shouldn't be part of a package. If Spiller turns out to be more like Felix Jones than Chris Johnson, then there are legitimate questions about Nix's ability to build a football team.

Everything about that pick remains a mystery. I'd say they were trying to keep him fresh, but for what, our charge from 0-6 to 10-6 and the playoffs?

If they're trying to keep him fresh, it's for future seasons when they have a chance to compete. Running backs can burn out fast if overused. There's no way they're giving him 25 touches a game in a likely lost season. That said, 8 touches a game is a bit too low.