Jeff Saturday: A blessed career

Beerball

link

Sunday afternoon at Denver's Invesco Field at Mile High, Saturday will make his 157th regular-season start as quarterback Peyton Manning's center. That will tie Buffalo's Jim Kelly and Kent Hull for the most by a quarterback-center tandem since 1970.

It was déjà vu for Polian. He was Buffalo's general manager when Kelly and Hull developed their special relationship.

In 1986, Polian had to convince Bills owner Ralph Wilson that Hull, a standout center with the USFL's New Jersey Generals, was worth a hefty investment.

Both worked with quarterbacks who were masters at running prolific no-huddle offenses. Snapping the football was just the most noticeable task. Like Hull, Saturday's pre-snap responsibilities include recognizing the defensive alignment, adjusting to it and setting the quarterback's protection.

A good read, I think.

I can't find your link. Did you provide one? There was no Leonidas, and i got confused. . .Then i cried. :cry:

I made that mistake once too. Beerball only tags links named for his favorite poster when it is something that is obscure or unknown unless you look at the link. How did I do Beerball?

B-)