Has CHIX failed us already?

Glory Bound

I've been thinkin' all week...and the more I think, the more ticked I get. Here's why: I predicted and posted several times on this board...at the beginning and during training camp...that Trent Edwards would be pulled before game four. Am I some sort of smart guru?...no. I just stated what was obvious to me after watching TE the past couple of years...that he's not a gamer. He's a fantastic quarterback ...in practice, but when real bullets are flyin' he's dazed and confused. I wish the top brass would just cut him now. I was wrong on one count though...I thought he would be replaced by Brohm ...because another thing that's been obvious to me is that Fitz is a career back-up. He is a gamer however... and he'll take us to the brink of victory in a few games...heck, he may even win a couple for us...but we all know he's not "the one". It just seems to me that Brohm has the greater potential.

I really believe that what I've just written most of us on this board believe. I remember about a month before the draft one of the talking heads predicted the Bills would take Spiller with our 1st pick. When I first read that I laughed out loud...thinking "no way"... because if there was one area we were set in, it was the running back position. Spiller was a luxury pick and everybody knows the bottom feeders can't afford luxury picks...that luxury picks are for playoff caliber teams. I predicted we would take Tebow or Clausen with our first pick, and the best available LT with our 2nd...maybe even move up to do so. After the draft I thought, "well, I'm just a shlep...CHIX must know something." Well guys, here we are again...our team is embarrassing us once again...and our QB & LT deficiencies are slapping us in the face. It's obvious Spiller can't block for himself. I'm feeling the season is over already. Isn't it awful when the preseason is more enjoyable than the regular season? I can't help feeling the new guys have failed us. How could they have not seen what all of us amateurs knew? Am I wrong here?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to say they've "failed us", after one off season and two regular season games. I'm glad we passed on Clausen. I really believe the crop of QB's coming out this year all have the chance to be great NFL players, and there's a couple more outside of the top 3 or 4 being mentioned. I'd submit that Nix believes this to be true and planned to wait one more year to draft a QB.

If they havent failed, then we should in the least be very concerned as to were we are headed.

After all, this team went with TE as the starter and got what everyone in their right mind new they would get. Now thye are going with Fitz and are gonna get exactly what we have gotten in years oast with him behind center. All the while CHIX was saying we like our guys we like our guys.... well CHIX, youre an idiot then.

the word "CHIX" is "dumpid"

Hey Guys, I did not invent the word CHIX. I've seen it several times on the board so I thought I would use it. I just really want to know...Tebow & Clausen & the available LT's in the draft...are they lacking that much? Are our QB's & LT's really better? Did Chan Gailey & Buddy Nix see this & avoid more mediocracy, or did they really think we had some potential studs? I am really wondering if CHIX is blind, or are these guys that shrewd that they're planning for next years draft? All I know is I spent almost 400 smackers on the NFL Sunday ticket & the NFL to go so I could watch my beloved Bills on my laptop at work, & I'm starting to wish I gave the money to charity. GRRRRR I'll tell ya, if Tebow or Clausen shine anytime soon, I'm gonna send a hundred certified letters to OBD.

Eventually some on this board will catch on that "the problem" isn't TE or the offensive line or our paucity of receivers or moving recklessly to a 3-4 defense, but rather CHIX failing to recognize areas of weakness and making moves to rectify the situation.

Yes T-Boy...That's exactly what I'm trying to get at with my post. Blind CHIX or Smart CHIX?...that is the question. The jury is deliberating & will render their verdict during our BYE week or soon after. But, at this time, it appears they are swaying toward "Blind". Dang I hope circumstances of the next three weeks dictate they swing the other way!